Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Lambert system challenge 11:31 - Aug 19 with 1074 viewsunstableblue

A lot of grumbling on the board over system.

He has a lot of midfielders - and his best players - suited to central midfield and the number 10 (I actually think Nolan, Judge and El Mizouni can play in behind Norwood and/or Jackson.

Width options have been diminished by injury - albeit Rowe and Edwards are good. Albeit Rowe likes to run centrally. Width currently does not come from the full backs - but the new signing and Kenlock against weaker teams could be that.

The conundrum is that Jackson is giving us pace and causing opposition defence problems - albeit he has detractors - but he takes away a creative midfield slot provided by a solo Norwood. And forces us longer.

For me the most effective Lambert system has been playing out the back to central defenders and full backs, link play to deeper midfielders, short pass to more dynamic midfielders who run at defence or thread a ball to striker in the channel. Norwood and/or the midfield runners breaks up the defence and makes the space. Or we advance with full backs up the wings and feed the attacking creative midfielders on the edge of the box or cross/ hit the byline.

That’s the system that works for Town. Interspersed with occasional direct longer ball to unsettle the opposition defence. But longer ball misses out our best players, and isn’t effective.

Downes/Skuse is working, but ahead of them needs to be a fluid and attacking line-up.

I’d play something like this on Tuesday, 4-1-2-1-2 diamond, with sub/swap options

–––––––––––Holy
New Guy–-Chambo–The Wolf–-Kenlock
–––––––––Skuse/Downes
Downes/Rowe/Edwards––-––-Dozzell/Nolan
––––––––––Judge
–––-Norwood–––––-Jackson

Looking like 16,000, and a few seats only left in the lower north

Some nice passing and movement, triangles, some goals with another from Norwood and I think the mood on here will lift massively.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

The Lambert system challenge on 11:42 - Aug 19 with 1008 viewsMrTown

Diamond possibly, but our full backs are very weak. Think game will come too soon for KVY.

Wimbeldon play with a 3/5 at the back so the full backs shouldn't get overloaded, it should be a 1v1 dual on either side. Not entirley convinced Donacien and Kenlock would win their indivudal battles though.

Team for me:
------------------ Holy -----------------
Janoi - Chambo - Woolf - Kenlock
--------- Skuse -- Huws -----------
-- Rowe ------- Judge -------- Idris --
--------------- Norwood ---------------

Subs:
Norris
KVY
Jackson
Edwards
Downes
Wilson
Dozzell

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

The Lambert system challenge on 12:30 - Aug 19 with 927 viewsbilllm

I see you both have doubts that skuse and downes will start together,me to we will need to open them up so no need for both of them,
The Lambert system challenge on 12:46 - Aug 19 with 873 viewsOsborneOneNil

The Lambert system challenge on 12:30 - Aug 19 by billlm

I see you both have doubts that skuse and downes will start together,me to we will need to open them up so no need for both of them,

Agreed.
The Lambert system challenge on 12:48 - Aug 19 with 867 viewsKieran_Knows

If/when everyone is fit ...

---------------------Holy
KVY -- Chambers -- Woolfenden -- Kenlock
------Skuse/Downes -- Huws
Rowe --------- Judge ------------- Garbutt
-------------- Norwood

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

The Lambert system challenge on 12:51 - Aug 19 with 848 viewsitfcjoe

The Lambert system challenge on 12:46 - Aug 19 by OsborneOneNil

Agreed.

You can't be that happy that Skuse has been playing so well this season....

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The Lambert system challenge on 13:04 - Aug 19 with 813 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I agree with a lot of what you say. However would be incredibly harsh to drop Skuse or Downes.

I know nothing about Wimbledon and there formation. However, I would be looking to get Huws back in soonish with 60 minutes here and there. 41212 with CMs instead of wingers.
HOLY
KVY
Chambers
Woolf
Kenlock
Skuse -DM
Flynn -left CM
Huws/Dozzer- Right CM
Rowe- CAM
KJ- ST
JN -ST

Eventually I think that will change with us going one up top, and Nolan coming in for someone and maybe Judge if he gest his arse in to gear. Also Garbutt.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2019 13:08]

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024