Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thomas Holy 08:03 - Aug 4 with 3083 viewsMaySixth

one game but not convinced after watching that but hopefully he proves me wrong

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Thomas Holy on 08:07 - Aug 4 with 2331 viewssuffolkpoker

He can’t do that every week.
Some horrible mistakes, but we didn’t get punished

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Thomas Holy on 08:18 - Aug 4 with 2270 viewschristiand

Too casual when dealing with that scare at the end, but he’ll learn from that. I’m sure PL will be in his ear too. You’ve got to accept keepers will make mistakes ,no performance is error free. Also, let’s not forget it’s one competitive game, give the bloke a fair chance before making your mind up on him. No doubt, he was nervous about making his debut for the club that would have an impact. Terrific keeping when he claimed the cross and then released Norwood down that left side with a great throw during that first half that looked very encouraging.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Thomas Holy on 08:20 - Aug 4 with 2235 viewsMaySixth

Thomas Holy on 08:18 - Aug 4 by christiand

Too casual when dealing with that scare at the end, but he’ll learn from that. I’m sure PL will be in his ear too. You’ve got to accept keepers will make mistakes ,no performance is error free. Also, let’s not forget it’s one competitive game, give the bloke a fair chance before making your mind up on him. No doubt, he was nervous about making his debut for the club that would have an impact. Terrific keeping when he claimed the cross and then released Norwood down that left side with a great throw during that first half that looked very encouraging.

It will be interesting to see how he performs in front of 20k plus next week

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Thomas Holy on 08:21 - Aug 4 with 2227 viewsBluefish

I like him. Came for a punch in the 2nd half that took the pressure off sorted the situation. Couple of shaky moments but the fella kept a clean sheet on his debut

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Thomas Holy on 08:22 - Aug 4 with 2209 viewsBluespeed225

Yes! Always wanted Bart to spring the attack, but he always seemed reluctant. Maybe a confidence thing last year?
Thomas Holy on 08:24 - Aug 4 with 2185 viewsPJH

Yes, the dwelling on the ball nearly cost us two points as did a weakish punch when it seemed to me that he should have caught the ball in the second half but other than that he looked pretty solid and the catch and release that you mention was very good.
It could be that it is a month or so before we know who the first choice keeper is going to be because I do not imagine that Norris is here just to watch games.
Thomas Holy on 08:24 - Aug 4 with 2169 viewsartsbossbeard

One bout of madness but overall he's got the makings of a terrace hero about him.

Defence knows exactly what he's going to too, he will come for crosses and take out anything in his way.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Thomas Holy on 08:26 - Aug 4 with 2152 viewsclive_baker

Right near the end I don’t know for the life of me what he was doing. Very nearly cost us the win, really not good enough that. He did some things well and his distribution looked great. Just needs to iron out those errors before they’re costly.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

Thomas Holy on 08:42 - Aug 4 with 2053 viewsKieran_Knows

Appreciate this is probably to do with the c*ck up at the end when it came off Boyce and nearly went in, but it’s refreshing to see a keeper come off his line and actually want to claim/punch a ball. Yes, it might not always come off (he missed a punch yesterday), but I’d rather that than a keeper glued to their line and the ball still ending up in the net anyway.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Thomas Holy on 08:48 - Aug 4 with 2003 viewsKeaneish

He only made one mistake didn't he? It could have been a costly but what else did you see that you thought was an issue?

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Thomas Holy on 08:53 - Aug 4 with 1954 viewschristiand

Thomas Holy on 08:42 - Aug 4 by Kieran_Knows

Appreciate this is probably to do with the c*ck up at the end when it came off Boyce and nearly went in, but it’s refreshing to see a keeper come off his line and actually want to claim/punch a ball. Yes, it might not always come off (he missed a punch yesterday), but I’d rather that than a keeper glued to their line and the ball still ending up in the net anyway.

Making the right decision to come or stay on their line is key as a goalkeeper. Regardless that Holy is 6'9'', he won't be able to come for everything due to the flight of the ball and his own positioning. However, it's great that he's got the confidence to want to collect the ball in and around his 6 yard box, that was something that both Bart and Gerken were criticised for not doing enough.

Thomas Holy on 09:03 - Aug 4 with 1888 viewsPositivelyPortman

Thomas Holy on 08:20 - Aug 4 by MaySixth

It will be interesting to see how he performs in front of 20k plus next week

Give him a break. Sounds like you want him to fail ffs.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Thomas Holy on 09:05 - Aug 4 with 1873 viewsclive_baker

Thomas Holy on 08:48 - Aug 4 by Keaneish

He only made one mistake didn't he? It could have been a costly but what else did you see that you thought was an issue?

He flapped at a cross in the 2nd half that Akins really should’ve punished us for.

Thomas Holy on 09:14 - Aug 4 with 1812 viewsSwailsey

Christ give him a chance.

Did you see the Forest keepers howlers on his debut? He’s on loan from Man City and was their league cup keeper. Things happen. We won.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Thomas Holy on 09:14 - Aug 4 with 1806 viewschristiand

Thomas Holy on 09:05 - Aug 4 by clive_baker

He flapped at a cross in the 2nd half that Akins really should’ve punished us for.

But what keeper doesn't have a flap at a cross? They all do, most games.

Thomas Holy on 09:16 - Aug 4 with 1802 viewsartsbossbeard

I'm sure he's got up this morning and thought to himself "I better go out in the garden and practise just to prove some random bloke on the internet wrong".

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Thomas Holy on 09:18 - Aug 4 with 1787 viewsPJH

Thomas Holy on 09:14 - Aug 4 by christiand

That is true and it is obviously better if they nearly cost a goal rather than actually cost a goal.
The one yesterday seemed to me to be very much like what Dean Gerken did late on at Forest a few seasons back costing some of the many late points that we dropped there.
Thomas Holy on 09:21 - Aug 4 with 1763 viewsDanTheMan

I thought he did a pretty decent job overall. Sure losing the ball was bloody stupid but I'm hoping that he'll just cut that sort of nonsense out.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Thomas Holy on 09:23 - Aug 4 with 1741 viewsartsbossbeard

Thomas Holy on 09:21 - Aug 4 by DanTheMan

I thought he did a pretty decent job overall. Sure losing the ball was bloody stupid but I'm hoping that he'll just cut that sort of nonsense out.

Cost the goalie coach a red card too, I understand.

Kicking over the water bottles in frustration is a sending off offence, apparently.

Thomas Holy on 09:25 - Aug 4 with 1714 viewsKieran_Knows

Thomas Holy on 09:23 - Aug 4 by artsbossbeard

Cost the goalie coach a red card too, I understand.

Kicking over the water bottles in frustration is a sending off offence, apparently.

Wasn’t the goalie coach

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Thomas Holy on 09:25 - Aug 4 with 1713 viewsfooters

Thomas Holy on 09:16 - Aug 4 by artsbossbeard

I'm sure he's got up this morning and thought to himself "I better go out in the garden and practise just to prove some random bloke on the internet wrong".

He whatsapped me earlier. Feeling down after reading those comments but said he's going for a long walk to take his mind off things.

I'm quite excited by our Holy goalie :)

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Thomas Holy on 09:25 - Aug 4 with 1705 viewsartsbossbeard

Thomas Holy on 09:25 - Aug 4 by Kieran_Knows

Wasn’t the goalie coach

One of the coaches - I just saw the red card brandished.

Thomas Holy on 09:29 - Aug 4 with 1676 viewsBlueySwede

A bit harsh. Hopefully he will learn from those mistakes. Generally very calm and assuring. Made a very good save with his legs (though the goal wouldn´t have counted)
Thomas Holy on 09:30 - Aug 4 with 1661 viewsclive_baker

Thomas Holy on 09:14 - Aug 4 by christiand

The question was ‘he only made one mistake didn’t he?’.

I was pointing out another one.

I take you’re point, we’re in League 1 and working to a budget, we’re not blessed with world class players anywhere on the field and they’ll all make mistakes and have limitations. I think he’s got a lot of attributes to be really strong, but they were 2 notable moments that could’ve been costly. He can learn though, he just needed to put his foot through that one late on.

Thomas Holy on 09:40 - Aug 4 with 1606 viewschristiand

Thomas Holy on 09:30 - Aug 4 by clive_baker

The question was ‘he only made one mistake didn’t he?’.

I was pointing out another one.

I take you’re point, we’re in League 1 and working to a budget, we’re not blessed with world class players anywhere on the field and they’ll all make mistakes and have limitations. I think he’s got a lot of attributes to be really strong, but they were 2 notable moments that could’ve been costly. He can learn though, he just needed to put his foot through that one late on.

The key phrase being...'could've been costly' . Whether we are League One, The Championship or The Premier League all keepers are going to make mistakes, the better ones make the fewest. Think of Hugo Lloris in the World Cup Final for France for example. I wouldn't want to stop Holy coming for crosses because we're all focusing on the errors of judgement yesterday, otherwise he'll stop doing it as he doesn't want to take the risk of coming off his line as he might make mistake ala Bart or Gerken. It's a mindset thing.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024