Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cricket: not much happening so far today 12:06 - Aug 4 with 970 viewsSteve_M

No Anderson and Ali seemingly having lost all confidence. Smith's one false shot bisected two fielders.

We need a bit of luck quite soon or we'll be batted or this.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Cricket: not much happening so far today on 12:19 - Aug 4 with 939 viewsWD19

Aussies big favourites now. Chasing more than 150 is going to be tricky and more than 220 unlikely. Maybe Root needs to have a whirl are Head if Ali is not going to manage a breakthrough.
Cricket: not much happening so far today on 12:27 - Aug 4 with 924 viewsgainsboroughblue

Laxatives injected into Smith's lunch is the only way we are getting out of this one. To say he is a fine batsman is a ridiculous understatement. We are badly missing Anderson and why has Woakes only bowled 6 overs? Ali has served up some utter tripe and Stokes is finding getting his line difficult.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Cricket: not much happening so far today on 12:28 - Aug 4 with 920 viewsHerbivore

We've been poor this morning, too many loose deliveries and very little threat. I think it's in the bag for the Aussies now.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Cricket: not much happening so far today on 12:32 - Aug 4 with 913 viewsReuser_is_God

We’ve been poor.

Need something to happen soon otherwise we’re well out of this.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Cricket: not much happening so far today on 12:33 - Aug 4 with 909 viewsgainsboroughblue

Cricket: not much happening so far today on 12:32 - Aug 4 by Reuser_is_God

We’ve been poor.

Need something to happen soon otherwise we’re well out of this.

To think they were 122-8 when I excited switched the telly on Thursday after work.

Cricket: not much happening so far today on 12:33 - Aug 4 with 909 viewsReuser_is_God

That missed stumping from Bairstow is going to be crucial.

Evans out

Cricket: not much happening so far today on 12:35 - Aug 4 with 906 viewsReuser_is_God

Get in

Another one before lunch please

Evans out

Cricket: not much happening so far today on 12:37 - Aug 4 with 903 viewsgainsboroughblue

Cricket: not much happening so far today on 12:35 - Aug 4 by Reuser_is_God

Get in

Another one before lunch please

I heard that wicket from the bathroom. As happy as I was, I was hoping it was Smith I was seeing taking the long walk back.

Login to get fewer ads

Cricket: not much happening so far today on 12:37 - Aug 4 with 900 viewspointofblue

Cricket: not much happening so far today on 12:27 - Aug 4 by gainsboroughblue

Laxatives injected into Smith's lunch is the only way we are getting out of this one. To say he is a fine batsman is a ridiculous understatement. We are badly missing Anderson and why has Woakes only bowled 6 overs? Ali has served up some utter tripe and Stokes is finding getting his line difficult.

I can only think Woakes must have an injury of some kind to not bowl? It’s the strangest decision of all considering how much we’ve struggled to make a breakthrough.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Cricket: not much happening so far today on 12:50 - Aug 4 with 874 viewsStokieBlue

Smith is basically impossible for our team to get out - they literally have no idea how to get him out. He's just playing them too well.

Fingers crossed that's jinxed him.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Cricket: not much happening so far today on 12:52 - Aug 4 with 868 viewsgordon

Cricket: not much happening so far today on 12:37 - Aug 4 by pointofblue

I can only think Woakes must have an injury of some kind to not bowl? It’s the strangest decision of all considering how much we’ve struggled to make a breakthrough.

Seems a bit odd, yeah, also Ali surely ought to be bowling with a left-hander on? Unless Ali imporves, looks like Jack Leach back in for the next game.
Cricket: not much happening so far today on 12:53 - Aug 4 with 865 viewsgordon

Cricket: not much happening so far today on 12:50 - Aug 4 by StokieBlue

Smith is basically impossible for our team to get out - they literally have no idea how to get him out. He's just playing them too well.

SB

Pointed out on TMS that he's weakest against left-arm spin, in terms of his career stats. Although weakest is obviously a relative term.
Cricket: not much happening so far today on 12:54 - Aug 4 with 859 viewsStokieBlue

Cricket: not much happening so far today on 12:53 - Aug 4 by gordon

Pointed out on TMS that he's weakest against left-arm spin, in terms of his career stats. Although weakest is obviously a relative term.

Exactly, weak for him is bloody brilliant for everyone else:

"Don Bradman holds the record for the most runs in a Test series, with 974 in the 1930 Ashes.

Steve Smith has 241 runs before lunch on day four of this Ashes."

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Cricket: not much happening so far today on 12:55 - Aug 4 with 855 viewsAce_High1

Cricket: not much happening so far today on 12:50 - Aug 4 by StokieBlue

SB

Need Archer in to offer a bit of pace.

This is what I feared with our attack when we named the 11 on Wednesday, when it goes flat (much like when we play away in Australia) Woakes, Anderson, Broad and Stokes are all too similar. We need someone who can bowl 3-4 overs of sort 95mph to unsettle the batsmen.

We also need a proper spinner. Ali is hopelessly out of form and should be dropped for rest of the summer.
Cricket: not much happening so far today on 14:07 - Aug 4 with 809 viewschristiand

Time to drop Ali and bring in Jack Leach. Also, I'm inclined to drop Bairstow for Ben Foakes for the next test match. Archer or Stone for Anderson?

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024