Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So formation / selection - for a tough challenge at Burton 09:40 - Aug 3 with 1090 viewsunstableblue

Sounds like Dozzell not travelling, but would have been sub. Huws, El Mizouni, Jackson and Roberts to be the impact players.

I think it will be:

–––––––––Holy
Donacien–Wolfenden–Wilson––Kenlock
––––––-Skuse––Downes
––-Rowe––-Judge––-Garbutt
–––––-Norwood

But potential that Jackson will start with Rowe dropped and Judge out on right.

Judge for me is less effective when not playing in the hole and pulling the strings.

This will not be easy - Burton on paper are a top six side.

COYB

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

So formation / selection - for a tough challenge at Burton on 09:43 - Aug 3 with 1062 viewsnodge_blue

Possibly the weakest back 4 ever.

Two full backs with big question marks against them.
A young centre half who may go onto to be good but hugely unproven.
A centre half rejected by Lincoln.

Lambert almost certainly has been on at Evans to strengthen in those areas. And Evans hasnt delivered.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

So formation / selection - for a tough challenge at Burton on 09:44 - Aug 3 with 1055 viewsDarth_Koont

That must be about right. Although if Lambert doesn't think Judge has 90 minutes in him and will effectively share the game with Huws, it wouldn't surprise me to see Huws start and bring Judge on later when we need his energy.

Pronouns: He/Him

So formation / selection - for a tough challenge at Burton on 09:44 - Aug 3 with 1049 viewschristiand

Put your best players in their natural positions, instead of square pegs in round holes. Would love to see Jackson start alongside Norwood with Judge playing behind them both.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2019 9:54]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

So formation / selection - for a tough challenge at Burton on 09:46 - Aug 3 with 1036 viewsHerbivore

So formation / selection - for a tough challenge at Burton on 09:43 - Aug 3 by nodge_blue

Possibly the weakest back 4 ever.

Two full backs with big question marks against them.
A young centre half who may go onto to be good but hugely unproven.
A centre half rejected by Lincoln.

Lambert almost certainly has been on at Evans to strengthen in those areas. And Evans hasnt delivered.

Donacien was playing at this level last season and did fine. Kenlock has been average at best, but at a level higher. Woolfenden has looked good when playing for us and did well on loan. Wilson has lots of experience at this level too. In short, stop being such a massive negatron.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

So formation / selection - for a tough challenge at Burton on 09:47 - Aug 3 with 1024 viewsSwansea_Blue

Seems a good chance of that, or very similar. I doubt he’ll have much choice than to play Wilson. Jackson’s had a good pre-season. He may get a start.

It will be a tough one.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

So formation / selection - for a tough challenge at Burton on 09:48 - Aug 3 with 1017 viewsthebooks

Man, that defence looks weak!

The rest of the team looks good. I think Huws should play, which would make for a strong central midfield, but then Judge moves to the left for Garbutt — as you say, Judge is better in the middle.
Agree on 09:53 - Aug 3 with 982 viewsunstableblue

So formation / selection - for a tough challenge at Burton on 09:44 - Aug 3 by christiand

Put your best players in their natural positions, instead of square pegs in round holes. Would love to see Jackson start alongside Norwood with Judge playing behind them both.

Yes perhaps....

–––––-––skuse
–-Downes–––––-Garbutt
–––––––-Judge
–––Norwood––-Jackson

Could work

El Mizouni, Rowe, Roberts and Huws as impact

So formation / selection - for a tough challenge at Burton on 09:54 - Aug 3 with 967 viewsunstableblue

So formation / selection - for a tough challenge at Burton on 09:48 - Aug 3 by thebooks

The rest of the team looks good. I think Huws should play, which would make for a strong central midfield, but then Judge moves to the left for Garbutt — as you say, Judge is better in the middle.

Huws just does not have match fitness... so better when opposition have tired

I think El Mizouni is actually pushing for a place given his preseason

Login to get fewer ads

So formation / selection - for a tough challenge at Burton on 10:00 - Aug 3 with 924 viewsBobbychase

So formation / selection - for a tough challenge at Burton on 09:54 - Aug 3 by unstableblue

Huws just does not have match fitness... so better when opposition have tired

I think El Mizouni is actually pushing for a place given his preseason

Huws has played more minutes than most hasn't he? And by all accounts El Mizouni is knackered after half an hour of the games he's started. However, I think El Mizouni will be this season's Lankester and break into the first team

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

So formation / selection - for a tough challenge at Burton on 10:23 - Aug 3 with 838 viewsagentp

So formation / selection - for a tough challenge at Burton on 09:48 - Aug 3 by thebooks

Not a lot of difference between the Matt Clarke of two seasons ago and Wolfenden. No negativity needed with him.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

So formation / selection - for a tough challenge at Burton on 10:25 - Aug 3 with 825 viewsBiGDonnie

So formation / selection - for a tough challenge at Burton on 09:44 - Aug 3 by christiand

Holy
Donancien wolf Wilson Kenlock
Huws skuse Downes
Judge
Norwood jackson

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Agree on 11:06 - Aug 3 with 752 viewspointofblue

Agree on 09:53 - Aug 3 by unstableblue

Yes perhaps....

–––––-––skuse
–-Downes–––––-Garbutt
–––––––-Judge
–––Norwood––-Jackson

Could work

El Mizouni, Rowe, Roberts and Huws as impact

I don't think we'll have two up top with a narrow midfield considering our weakness in defence. 4-3-3/4-5-1 is more likely IMO.

Can't help but wonder if Lambert will throw a wildcard into the mix like Dobra.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

So formation / selection - for a tough challenge at Burton on 11:38 - Aug 3 with 702 viewsWestcountryblue

Agreed. I'd personally like to see Jackson and Norwood up top.
I can see Norwood being double marked and Jackson's presence and pace would open up space.
So formation / selection - for a tough challenge at Burton on 11:44 - Aug 3 with 681 viewsnodge_blue

So formation / selection - for a tough challenge at Burton on 09:46 - Aug 3 by Herbivore

Donacien was playing at this level last season and did fine. Kenlock has been average at best, but at a level higher. Woolfenden has looked good when playing for us and did well on loan. Wilson has lots of experience at this level too. In short, stop being such a massive negatron.

Look, love and peace and all that, I hope I'm wrong.

But this is Donacien that six months ago Lambert said wasnt a right back but probably a centre half, and yet in a centre half crisis still cant play there.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Agree on 11:46 - Aug 3 with 675 viewsWestcountryblue

Agree on 11:06 - Aug 3 by pointofblue

I don't think we'll have two up top with a narrow midfield considering our weakness in defence. 4-3-3/4-5-1 is more likely IMO.

Can't help but wonder if Lambert will throw a wildcard into the mix like Dobra.

That's a good point.

I think you're right, Lambert will probably go 4-5-1 and try to dominate the midfield.
So formation / selection - for a tough challenge at Burton on 11:53 - Aug 3 with 658 viewsWestcountryblue

So formation / selection - for a tough challenge at Burton on 09:46 - Aug 3 by Herbivore

They'll do fine, they just don't have too much experience playing together. Each will have a point to prove and Wilson and Woolfenden will look at this as an excellent chance to keep Nsiala and Chambo out of the team (which is highly unlikely)
So formation / selection - for a tough challenge at Burton on 14:09 - Aug 3 with 539 viewsSwansea_Blue

Very close buh. I though Jackson would be in with a shout, but not that Judge would be on the bench. Lambert said he was a bit short of game time, so the clue was there. Nice to have an option to change the game from the bench - we won’t be able to say that many times this season!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

He’s going for solid start... with width on 14:12 - Aug 3 with 520 viewsunstableblue

So formation / selection - for a tough challenge at Burton on 14:09 - Aug 3 by Swansea_Blue

Very close buh. I though Jackson would be in with a shout, but not that Judge would be on the bench. Lambert said he was a bit short of game time, so the clue was there. Nice to have an option to change the game from the bench - we won’t be able to say that many times this season!

Garbutt and Rowe feeding in crosses

Wonder if Downes has the guile to play those threaded balls to Jackson

Skuse hasn’t

But Huws and Judge off the bench is very exciting - will be a shock for Burton

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024