Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wine Clubs - What are they like? 06:19 - Aug 1 with 2728 viewswkj

Just joined virgin wines because I am posh now, didn't know if any of you folks were members of such schemes and have any testimonials.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2019 7:58]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Virgin Wines. Winebank (Or other such clubs) on 06:46 - Aug 1 with 2017 viewsWeekender

Cancel your virgin wines membership and join the wine society. It’s miles better.

Poll: What's your HONEST opinion of nodge fans?
Blog: [Blog] The Curse of the Modern Football Fan.

Virgin Wines. Winebank (Or other such clubs) on 07:00 - Aug 1 with 2010 viewswkj

Virgin Wines. Winebank (Or other such clubs) on 06:46 - Aug 1 by Weekender

Cancel your virgin wines membership and join the wine society. It’s miles better.

I will, but the initial £40 membership fee put me off, I will probably do that once I have exploited my membership offer at virgin though

Crybaby

Virgin Wines. Winebank (Or other such clubs) on 07:02 - Aug 1 with 2005 viewsWeekender

Virgin Wines. Winebank (Or other such clubs) on 07:00 - Aug 1 by wkj

I will, but the initial £40 membership fee put me off, I will probably do that once I have exploited my membership offer at virgin though

£20 of the £40 is credit of course. You won’t regret it they really are excellent.

Virgin Wines. Winebank (Or other such clubs) on 07:11 - Aug 1 with 1991 viewsBloomBlue

Now you're push I can strongly recommend you join an actual club, the RAC club is fantastic. They have many events which involve wine tasting and options to buy some of the best wines in the world at vastly reduced costs.
Virgin Wines. Winebank (Or other such clubs) on 07:12 - Aug 1 with 1989 viewswkj

Virgin Wines. Winebank (Or other such clubs) on 07:02 - Aug 1 by Weekender

£20 of the £40 is credit of course. You won’t regret it they really are excellent.

Nice, will do that later in the year for sure!

I was suckered in by their into offer at virgin. For £60 I am getting

3X LES ARBOUSIERS RESERVE SAUVIGNON BLANC 2018 (France)
3X BRIO PINOT GRIGIO 2018 (Italy)
3X SAVVIE MARLBOROUGH SAUVIGNON BLANC 2018 (NZ)
3X KIRRIEMUIR SEMILLON CHARDONNAY 2018 (So. Aus)

All that for less than the price of a door bell, Not too bad for £5 a bottle
[Post edited 1 Aug 2019 7:26]

Crybaby

Virgin Wines. Winebank (Or other such clubs) on 07:13 - Aug 1 with 1987 viewsfooters

Virgin Wines. Winebank (Or other such clubs) on 07:11 - Aug 1 by BloomBlue

Now you're push I can strongly recommend you join an actual club, the RAC club is fantastic. They have many events which involve wine tasting and options to buy some of the best wines in the world at vastly reduced costs.

He has a faulty taste in wine, not a gearbox.

P.S. wkj, how many box wines did you order, luv? Not sure Echo Falls comes in a box btw.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Virgin Wines. Winebank (Or other such clubs) on 07:15 - Aug 1 with 1983 viewswkj

Virgin Wines. Winebank (Or other such clubs) on 07:13 - Aug 1 by footers

He has a faulty taste in wine, not a gearbox.

P.S. wkj, how many box wines did you order, luv? Not sure Echo Falls comes in a box btw.

I have a simple rule with wine, Ignore Sutter Home, Gallo and Echo Falls

Crybaby

Virgin Wines. Winebank (Or other such clubs) on 07:26 - Aug 1 with 1963 viewsfooters

Virgin Wines. Winebank (Or other such clubs) on 07:15 - Aug 1 by wkj

I have a simple rule with wine, Ignore Sutter Home, Gallo and Echo Falls

You won't catch me joining a wine club. They just send you all the stuff no one else wants. Simple, lad: handpick your own bottles, spend the rest on peroxide and tweezers. Job's a good'un.

Login to get fewer ads

Virgin Wines. Winebank (Or other such clubs) on 07:29 - Aug 1 with 1952 viewswkj

Virgin Wines. Winebank (Or other such clubs) on 07:26 - Aug 1 by footers

You won't catch me joining a wine club. They just send you all the stuff no one else wants. Simple, lad: handpick your own bottles, spend the rest on peroxide and tweezers. Job's a good'un.

Let us commute to Dirty Dick's for a Chardonnay

Crybaby

Virgin Wines. Winebank (Or other such clubs) on 07:32 - Aug 1 with 1946 viewsDubai_Blue

Naked Wines, based in Norwich. 20 quid a month which is invested in small independent wine makers around the world.
Brilliant wines that you can't buy in shops and all wines you buy are discounted if you are one of the angels.
Virgin Wines. Winebank (Or other such clubs) on 07:33 - Aug 1 with 1945 viewshampstead_blue

I've been with the Sunday Times wine club for years.
The claret club is our regular subscription.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Virgin Wines. Winebank (Or other such clubs) on 07:35 - Aug 1 with 1939 viewswkj

Virgin Wines. Winebank (Or other such clubs) on 07:32 - Aug 1 by Dubai_Blue

Naked Wines, based in Norwich. 20 quid a month which is invested in small independent wine makers around the world.
Brilliant wines that you can't buy in shops and all wines you buy are discounted if you are one of the angels.

So is that £20 a month simply a membership fee, or is it credit applied for orders?

Crybaby

Virgin Wines. Winebank (Or other such clubs) on 07:39 - Aug 1 with 1933 viewswkj

Virgin Wines. Winebank (Or other such clubs) on 07:33 - Aug 1 by hampstead_blue

I just looked up the ST club, A case of wine every 3 months I assume, 12 bottles?

Crybaby

Virgin Wines. Winebank (Or other such clubs) on 07:39 - Aug 1 with 1933 viewsWeekender

Virgin Wines. Winebank (Or other such clubs) on 07:26 - Aug 1 by footers

You may be wrong here.

Virgin Wines. Winebank (Or other such clubs) on 07:40 - Aug 1 with 1930 viewsDubai_Blue

Virgin Wines. Winebank (Or other such clubs) on 07:35 - Aug 1 by wkj

So is that £20 a month simply a membership fee, or is it credit applied for orders?

It's credit for orders. it stays in your Naked Wine account and whenever you order they take that first then you pay the difference if there is any.
They also do a superb Christmas box that is worth it alone
Virgin Wines. Winebank (Or other such clubs) on 07:40 - Aug 1 with 1925 viewsWeekender

I tried them, was an angel but never really enjoyed the wine so stop the subscription.

Virgin Wines. Winebank (Or other such clubs) on 07:41 - Aug 1 with 1925 viewswkj

Virgin Wines. Winebank (Or other such clubs) on 07:39 - Aug 1 by Weekender

You may be wrong here.

@Dubai Nice! I might exploit the intro discount for Virgin, then Sunday Times, then park myself here

I agree with you Weekender, I have seen some wines I know that I love in some of these cases

Crybaby

Virgin Wines. Winebank (Or other such clubs) on 07:45 - Aug 1 with 1918 viewsfooters

Virgin Wines. Winebank (Or other such clubs) on 07:39 - Aug 1 by Weekender

You may be wrong here.

I may be. But you try telling that to my dear wife and daughters!

Virgin Wines. Winebank (Or other such clubs) on 07:55 - Aug 1 with 1897 viewsDubai_Blue

Virgin Wines. Winebank (Or other such clubs) on 07:40 - Aug 1 by Weekender

I tried them, was an angel but never really enjoyed the wine so stop the subscription.

Anything you don't like they will refund you.
I have been an angel for a number if years and not once had to ask for a refund, I guess it all depends what you like and or expect form a wine. I tend now to drink the same ones from the same winemaker, however, each month there is a free bottle put in with your order should you buy 12 further bottles.
Virgin Wines. Winebank (Or other such clubs) on 07:57 - Aug 1 with 1889 viewswkj

Virgin Wines. Winebank (Or other such clubs) on 07:33 - Aug 1 by hampstead_blue

Isn't it Laithwaites that runs Sunday Times' club?
[Post edited 1 Aug 2019 7:59]

Crybaby

Wine Clubs - What are they like? on 08:05 - Aug 1 with 1858 viewsRadlett_blue

Virgin, like most commercial organisations, like getting people to commit to regular purchases. Their wines are decent value & I have found their customer service good. However, I wouldn't join their "club" as they regularly have some very attractive special offers and will send you a £20 voucher every so often.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Virgin Wines. Winebank (Or other such clubs) on 08:09 - Aug 1 with 1843 viewshampstead_blue

Virgin Wines. Winebank (Or other such clubs) on 07:57 - Aug 1 by wkj

Isn't it Laithwaites that runs Sunday Times' club?
[Post edited 1 Aug 2019 7:59]

it is.

I think Laithwaites bought it a few years back.
It's not changed much that I've noticed.
We just use it for every day drinking claret

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Wine Clubs - What are they like? on 08:19 - Aug 1 with 1832 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Wine clubs helped me grow my love of wine, good for introducing you to different types. After a few years I realised someone was paying for the half price introductory offers so stopped. I think independents are the way forward. Ipswich based Wines of Interest get the majority of my custom. Great people with a great range. They’ve tasted everything so what you’re buying is a good representation of that type and good value for money. Not at all snooty and will readily give advice.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Virgin Wines. Winebank (Or other such clubs) on 08:20 - Aug 1 with 1825 viewsMullet

My friend worked for them for years, from the very beginning. They are not a nice company now. Avoid.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Virgin Wines. Winebank (Or other such clubs) on 08:30 - Aug 1 with 1808 viewsRadlett_blue

Virgin Wines. Winebank (Or other such clubs) on 08:20 - Aug 1 by Mullet

My friend worked for them for years, from the very beginning. They are not a nice company now. Avoid.

Naked Wines has been acquired by Majestic in an attempt to revive their flagging on-line & consumer offering, which will be rebranded as Naked wines. Will be interesting to see how that goes in a highly competitive market.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024