Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So far today Boris has confirmed: 15:25 - Jul 25 with 2451 viewsbaxterbasics

*He expects all cleaners for gov departments to be paid living wage

*He opposes the death penalty

*He backs amnesty for illegal immigrants (something he has floated before)

*Guarantees indefinite leave to remain for EU citizens.

How very hard-right / fascist.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

So far today Boris has confirmed: on 15:28 - Jul 25 with 1784 viewshomer_123

It's neither far right, center or left....merely common sense.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

So far today Boris has confirmed: on 15:29 - Jul 25 with 1781 viewsSteve_M

Maybe he will, maybe he won't:

So, not much action on EU citizens rights then.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

So far today Boris has confirmed: on 15:30 - Jul 25 with 1778 viewsm14_blue

If true, that’s a really encouraging start.

The problem with Boris though, is you don’t know what he’ll say tomorrow.
So far today Boris has confirmed: on 15:32 - Jul 25 with 1764 viewsSpruceMoose

So far today Boris has confirmed: on 15:30 - Jul 25 by m14_blue

Boris is Boris-Wing. That mainly involves being populist in the streets, racist in the sheets.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

So far today Boris has confirmed: on 15:33 - Jul 25 with 1755 viewschicoazul

So far today Boris has confirmed: on 15:28 - Jul 25 by homer_123

It's almost as if everyone in politics thinks more or less the same about everything, isnt it.

I fail to see what is common sense about amnesty for illegal immigrants.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

So far today Boris has confirmed: on 15:40 - Jul 25 with 1727 viewsSpruceMoose

So far today Boris has confirmed: on 15:33 - Jul 25 by chicoazul

It's almost as if everyone in politics thinks more or less the same about everything, isnt it.

I fail to see what is common sense about amnesty for illegal immigrants.

We rely on these people to do menial jobs for us that we won't do. They are in the UK earning money, so get them paying taxes. Take them out of the shadows, stop other people from exploiting them. If they have been here, haven't committed any crimes, and are contributing, then let them contribute fully.

As my main man Ronald Reagan said “The work to be done is to avoid seeing this nation populated with a furtive illegal subclass of human beings who are afraid to go to the cops, afraid to go to a hospital…or afraid to go to their employer,”

I'm interested to hear the arguments against an amnesty.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

So far today Boris has confirmed: on 15:40 - Jul 25 with 1720 viewsDarth_Koont

Those are all no-brainers though. Even the amnesty for illegal immigrants is recognizing that it probably costs a lot more to actually find and process illegal immigrants and damages the economy by removing cheap labour. Politically too, as rooting out illegals will put them on a collision course against the legal immigrant population when they'll need to keep their non-racist credentials squeaky clean.

I think you have a simplistic view of how "hard-right/fascist" would even look in 2019. It's not going to be mobs dressed in quasi-military uniforms burning books and lynching those who don't meet their racial/cultural/political ideals It'll far more bureaucratic than that and will be about turning a blind eye to sections of society that don't serve their own purpose and convincing their core support that they're under threat from the outside. Faragism or Trumpism in other words.

Pronouns: He/Him

So far today Boris has confirmed: on 15:41 - Jul 25 with 1715 viewsfactual_blue

So far today Boris has confirmed: on 15:30 - Jul 25 by m14_blue

It's not what he says, it's what he does that matters.

And his tendency is to do nothing of any consequence.

As his record as Foreign Secretary shows.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Login to get fewer ads

So far today Boris has confirmed: on 15:43 - Jul 25 with 1709 viewschicoazul

So far today Boris has confirmed: on 15:40 - Jul 25 by SpruceMoose

We rely on these people to do menial jobs for us that we won't do. They are in the UK earning money, so get them paying taxes. Take them out of the shadows, stop other people from exploiting them. If they have been here, haven't committed any crimes, and are contributing, then let them contribute fully.

As my main man Ronald Reagan said “The work to be done is to avoid seeing this nation populated with a furtive illegal subclass of human beings who are afraid to go to the cops, afraid to go to a hospital…or afraid to go to their employer,”

We don't rely on illegal immigrants to do menial jobs for us. And they have literally already committed a crime, hence "illegal immigrants".

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

So far today Boris has confirmed: on 15:48 - Jul 25 with 1674 viewsSpruceMoose

So far today Boris has confirmed: on 15:43 - Jul 25 by chicoazul

We don't rely on illegal immigrants to do menial jobs for us. And they have literally already committed a crime, hence "illegal immigrants".

Now is the part where you present some arguments to support your case Chico old boy.

So far today Boris has confirmed: on 15:50 - Jul 25 with 1659 viewschicoazul

So far today Boris has confirmed: on 15:48 - Jul 25 by SpruceMoose

Now is the part where you present some arguments to support your case Chico old boy.

Why do I? All i have done is explained why you're wrong in simple terms.

So far today Boris has confirmed: on 15:53 - Jul 25 with 1644 viewsSpruceMoose

So far today Boris has confirmed: on 15:50 - Jul 25 by chicoazul

Why do I? All i have done is explained why you're wrong in simple terms.

You could have just said you were clueless and saved us some time.

I should have learned really from your embarrassing drug rants.

Oh well.

So far today Boris has confirmed: on 15:54 - Jul 25 with 1642 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

As many have pointed out Johnson longs to be popular and puts himself before anybody else.

Let's hope for the countries sake that want he sincerely longs for now are to popular as Prime Minister and that putting himself would mean being remembered as a great PM.

If he does that, there's a small chance that he might make popular choices that most of us would want, things like working wages, vital and skilled EU workers being guaranteed a stay here, more funding for policing, education and the NHS and less big companies getting away without paying tax.

Boris did what served him best by doing whatever the Tories who were going to vote him in wanted. Now hopefully he will do what the majority of the country wants (for example - reasonable things and not just what benefit the rich).

The only chance we have now is if what matters most to Boris is doing the things that matter to us. I won't hold my breath.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2019 15:55]

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

So far today Boris has confirmed: on 16:28 - Jul 25 with 1585 viewspickles110564

So far today Boris has confirmed: on 15:40 - Jul 25 by SpruceMoose

You could do those jobs here in the UK if you did not jump ship to the USA
So far today Boris has confirmed: on 16:29 - Jul 25 with 1580 viewspickles110564

So far today Boris has confirmed: on 15:28 - Jul 25 by homer_123

And the extra Police Officers, more money for school children, the list goes on and on.
So far today Boris has confirmed: on 16:33 - Jul 25 with 1565 viewsfooters

Honeymoon sops.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

So far today Boris has confirmed: on 16:41 - Jul 25 with 1536 viewsGlasgowBlue

So far today Boris has confirmed: on 16:29 - Jul 25 by pickles110564

And the extra Police Officers, more money for school children, the list goes on and on.

Has Boris discovered a magic money tree?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

So far today Boris has confirmed: on 16:46 - Jul 25 with 1526 viewsDarth_Koont

So far today Boris has confirmed: on 16:41 - Jul 25 by GlasgowBlue

Has Boris discovered a magic money tree?

It's always been the Tory money tree ... which is in a private, locked, residents-only garden in a West London square.

But it's odd how they always spend more than Labour for fewer results. It's almost as if that money is actually ending up in the pockets of a small section of society ...

Pronouns: He/Him

So far today Boris has confirmed: on 16:50 - Jul 25 with 1505 viewsSpruceMoose

So far today Boris has confirmed: on 16:28 - Jul 25 by pickles110564

Seeing as you have no idea what I do, or who I do it for, you should shut the fück up you utter cretin.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2019 16:54]

So far today Boris has confirmed: on 17:11 - Jul 25 with 1452 viewsSwansea_Blue

If he's trying to take credit or secure political capital for any of that, I'd check whether they already exist firat.

I think leave to remain for EU citizens had already been promised/secured last year. (edit - sorry, see Steve has touched on this already)

Didn't the cleaners strike last summer too? What was the outcome of that?
[Post edited 25 Jul 2019 17:16]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

So far today Boris has confirmed: on 17:14 - Jul 25 with 1440 viewsSwansea_Blue

So far today Boris has confirmed: on 16:28 - Jul 25 by pickles110564

What a stupid comment.

So far today Boris has confirmed: on 17:18 - Jul 25 with 1421 viewsSpruceMoose

So far today Boris has confirmed: on 17:14 - Jul 25 by Swansea_Blue

What a stupid comment.

Standard comment from Pickles. I suspect the days are drawing short on his 'comedy' troll account.

Now it makes perfect sense why he didn't turn up to the Birmingham game with me and Footers. Probably not even a Town fan. Probably not even a slum lord. All made up stuff for the lols.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2019 17:25]

So far today Boris has confirmed: on 17:20 - Jul 25 with 1411 viewsTractorWood

Tory governments don't usually have problems with spotting issues. They issue fall down in addressing them or funding them beyond lip service.

There seems to be wave of optimism (in some quarters) behind Boris which is good for the country at the moment but I've no idea what it's based on beyond rhetoric.

Engaging with Brussels will be his first major challenge as it seems in their view, there is nothing to negotiate.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

So far today Boris has confirmed: on 17:22 - Jul 25 with 1405 viewsSwansea_Blue

So far today Boris has confirmed: on 17:18 - Jul 25 by SpruceMoose

Standard comment from Pickles. I suspect the days are drawing short on his 'comedy' troll account.

Now it makes perfect sense why he didn't turn up to the Birmingham game with me and Footers. Probably not even a Town fan. Probably not even a slum lord. All made up stuff for the lols.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2019 17:25]

It wasn't the most cerebral argument against an amnesty I've ever heard, that's for sure.

So far today Boris has confirmed: on 17:38 - Jul 25 with 1374 viewsBangor31

So far today Boris has confirmed: on 15:48 - Jul 25 by SpruceMoose

In 2013, the government estimated that illegal immigration cost the NHS £330 million per year. The London School of Economics has estimated that the long term costs of benefits for illegal migrants could be £1.6 billion a year

if they are illegal then they will only be able to contribute to the tax payer via VAT really as they won't be able to pay income tax, NI etc

on the menial front it's pretty difficult to tell what they do as it will be an illegal job. i imagine that the broad brush of menial tasks which we wouldn't want to do would be pretty subjective and so i would not even begin to have a guess / research
[Post edited 25 Jul 2019 17:43]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024