Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Quiet. 11:36 - Jul 1 with 5512 viewsSitfcB

Quiet on here.
Quiet on the transfer front.

Perhaps the freebies will roll in now with a lot of contracts expiring over the last few days.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Quiet. on 11:37 - Jul 1 with 4340 viewsSteve_M

Yes, I thought we would have had more bids in fro our youngsters by now.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Quiet. on 11:38 - Jul 1 with 4341 viewsKieran_Knows

I honestly don't think we'll see much more in the way of incomings to be honest. We're clearly after Mayor, which is fair enough, and then maybe 2 more after that. 1 as a replacement for Bart, and 1 loan signing.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Quiet. on 11:38 - Jul 1 with 4331 viewsfooters

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Quiet. on 11:40 - Jul 1 with 4324 viewsJ2BLUE

Quiet. on 11:38 - Jul 1 by Kieran_Knows

I honestly don't think we'll see much more in the way of incomings to be honest. We're clearly after Mayor, which is fair enough, and then maybe 2 more after that. 1 as a replacement for Bart, and 1 loan signing.

I don't understand that view.

if Mayor signs we need a LB, CB and ST minimum. Ideally those three and a second loanee striker.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Quiet. on 11:42 - Jul 1 with 4289 viewsKieran_Knows

Quiet. on 11:40 - Jul 1 by J2BLUE

I don't understand that view.

if Mayor signs we need a LB, CB and ST minimum. Ideally those three and a second loanee striker.

I suspect we'll go in to the season with Kenlock as first choice LB, it's RB I'm more concerned about.

But you're right, we're clearly after a striker as well, so I'd say 4 signings with 1 being Mayor, GK if Bart leaves, ST and 1 other.

Quiet. on 11:42 - Jul 1 with 4288 viewsStuartBrett8

Contracts would have finished yesterday? So loads of players newly available today :)

Stop the world, I want to get off
Poll: What should we do with Frank Nouble?

Quiet. on 11:44 - Jul 1 with 4268 viewsKieran_Knows

Quiet. on 11:42 - Jul 1 by StuartBrett8

Contracts would have finished yesterday? So loads of players newly available today :)

But Norwood was out of contract yesterday and we signed him 2 weeks ago?

Quiet. on 11:45 - Jul 1 with 4259 viewsJ2BLUE

Quiet. on 11:42 - Jul 1 by Kieran_Knows

I suspect we'll go in to the season with Kenlock as first choice LB, it's RB I'm more concerned about.

But you're right, we're clearly after a striker as well, so I'd say 4 signings with 1 being Mayor, GK if Bart leaves, ST and 1 other.

Even if Kenlock is first choice LB, we have no back up.

At RB we have Donacien and Emmanuel.

Truly impaired.

Login to get fewer ads

Quiet. on 11:47 - Jul 1 with 4237 viewsKieran_Knows

Quiet. on 11:45 - Jul 1 by J2BLUE

Even if Kenlock is first choice LB, we have no back up.

At RB we have Donacien and Emmanuel.

Personally can't see either of Donacien or Emmanuel being first choice, but that's just my opinion. Suspect we might keep Donacien as defensive cover, mainly because we can't really afford to take the massive hit on what we paid for him.

Quiet. on 11:48 - Jul 1 with 4230 viewsSitfcB

Quiet. on 11:37 - Jul 1 by Steve_M

Yes, I thought we would have had more bids in fro our youngsters by now.

Perhaps that might happen in January if they perform well in the first half of the season.

COYB

Quiet. on 11:49 - Jul 1 with 4210 viewsPendejo

DOES TYPING IN UPPER CASE MAKE IS NOISIER?

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Quiet. on 11:50 - Jul 1 with 4207 viewsJ2BLUE

Quiet. on 11:47 - Jul 1 by Kieran_Knows

Personally can't see either of Donacien or Emmanuel being first choice, but that's just my opinion. Suspect we might keep Donacien as defensive cover, mainly because we can't really afford to take the massive hit on what we paid for him.

If we go into this season with 3 full backs and 2 senior centre backs it really will be peak Ipswich.

I don't understand people counting the likes of Nbada etc. Woolf, fair enough but I think we need another CB. Especially with Chambers getting on and Nsiala looking like he has a few red cards in him.

Truly impaired.

Quiet. on 11:56 - Jul 1 with 4170 viewsSitfcB

Quiet. on 11:50 - Jul 1 by J2BLUE

If we go into this season with 3 full backs and 2 senior centre backs it really will be peak Ipswich.

I don't understand people counting the likes of Nbada etc. Woolf, fair enough but I think we need another CB. Especially with Chambers getting on and Nsiala looking like he has a few red cards in him.

It’s crazy.

Like I said last week, we must be planning on not bothering with the cup competitions this season as we won’t have the squad for it.

Saying that, I’m not fussed by the league cup to be honest but wouldn’t mind doing well in the Checkatrade and certainly want a few wins in the FA Cup!

COYB

Quiet. on 11:57 - Jul 1 with 4159 viewsKieran_Knows

Quiet. on 11:56 - Jul 1 by SitfcB

It’s crazy.

Like I said last week, we must be planning on not bothering with the cup competitions this season as we won’t have the squad for it.

Saying that, I’m not fussed by the league cup to be honest but wouldn’t mind doing well in the Checkatrade and certainly want a few wins in the FA Cup!

Quality over quantity.

Quiet. on 11:59 - Jul 1 with 4141 viewsJ2BLUE

Quiet. on 11:56 - Jul 1 by SitfcB

It’s crazy.

I don't mind if we put the youth team out for the Checkatrade Trophy if we can do that but we need to challenge for promotion. We really need additions. In theory we have plenty of time but as of today free agents aren't being paid so you would think signings would happen fairly quickly.

Truly impaired.

Quiet. on 12:06 - Jul 1 with 4089 viewsGooders7592

Quiet. on 11:59 - Jul 1 by J2BLUE

I don't mind if we put the youth team out for the Checkatrade Trophy if we can do that but we need to challenge for promotion. We really need additions. In theory we have plenty of time but as of today free agents aren't being paid so you would think signings would happen fairly quickly.

I'm pretty sure there is a rule to the players you can play. Something like they have to have played so many first team fixtures etc etc
Quiet. on 12:06 - Jul 1 with 4086 viewsSitfcB

Quiet. on 11:59 - Jul 1 by J2BLUE

Isn’t there a silly rule for the Checkatrade that so many from the starting 11 in the game before (league game) have to start in the game?

COYB

Quiet. on 12:16 - Jul 1 with 4009 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

We may get one (Mayor probably) but I very much doubt we’ll see much activity unless we can shift a few players first, given the size of the squad

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Quiet. on 12:34 - Jul 1 with 3917 viewsNorthstander_Blue

Thanks 12thMan in other news water is still wet and the sky is blue

Poll: Would you be happy to sign Daryl Murphy?

Quiet. on 12:47 - Jul 1 with 3842 viewschicoazul

Quiet. on 11:38 - Jul 1 by Kieran_Knows

lol
We need about 7 new players, first team players.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Quiet. on 12:48 - Jul 1 with 3837 viewsKieran_Knows

Quiet. on 12:47 - Jul 1 by chicoazul

lol
We need about 7 new players, first team players.

I don't disagree, just can't see that many coming in personally.

Quiet. on 12:52 - Jul 1 with 3821 viewsGuthrum

Quiet. on 11:42 - Jul 1 by StuartBrett8

Don't think that makes an awful lot of difference. But not that many incoming transfers have happened in L1 yet. 48, including loans.

Eight clubs (Accrington, Bolton, Bury, Lincoln, Oxford, Rochdale. Sunderland, Wycombe) have not yet signed anybody yet. A quarter of all signings went to clubs promoted from L2 or relegated from the Champ (with most of those going to Tranmere). A further 42% went to just four clubs (Bristol Rovers 4, Coventry 5, Gillingham 6 and Portsmouth 5).

65% of signings have been free so far and 10% loans. Just a quarter involved a transfer fee (all "undisclosed", at least officially).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Quiet. on 13:21 - Jul 1 with 3711 viewsSitfcB

Quiet. on 12:34 - Jul 1 by Northstander_Blue

Thanks 12thMan in other news water is still wet and the sky is blue

Just creating conversation, you should try it.

COYB

Quiet. on 13:39 - Jul 1 with 3647 viewsHARRY10

Quiet. on 12:06 - Jul 1 by SitfcB

Isn’t there a silly rule for the Checkatrade that so many from the starting 11 in the game before (league game) have to start in the game?

"For EFL clubs; a minimum of 5 'First Team' players in the starting 11 as defined under the competition’s existing rules."
Quiet. on 14:27 - Jul 1 with 3535 viewsSwansea_Blue

I was thinking it must be one of the quietest days ever with there only being 2 active threads today.
And then noticed I was filtering my posts only

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024