Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Popped onto the Derby forum... 09:29 - Feb 14 with 5435 viewsMrTown

Always nice to see if other fans credit us or whether they're as sour as Lampard. Just some quotes for you:

- "You wouldn’t think Ipswich were bottom. High work rate, in our faces, closing everything down, managing to string three passes together."

- "Ipswich chasing and using a lot of energy here. If we can keep them out for the next 30 mins, we could go on and win by 2 or 3. Ipswich will tire."

- "they are playing well just nothing going their way." - this was in regards to our previous games.

- "Very very scrappy game this, madley is allowing them to kick the poo of of our players. No wonder so many are getting injured"

- " This Ipswich performance is definitely in line with the stories we've been hearing of previous games. Specifically the Norwich loss this weekend.

"They were in the game for large parts, and played well. The scoreline flattered Norwich" etc.

They seem like a generally decent side, who just overhit stuff in the final third."

- " Ipswich have been good without threatening, nothings really going for them at the moment."

- " Absolute joke,which side is rock bottom please remind me."

- " Absolutely deserved that. Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic set piece by us. And not for the first time this season. Half asleep as we have been all game"

- "Only derby county could make the leagues bottom team look like Barcelona."

- "Chalobah is a cracking player."

- "Chalobah has been completely dominating Wilson and Lawrence all game. Really impressive performance."

- "I can't think of any matchup on the pitch where they didn't have the upper hand in terms of physicality. Chalobah especially DOMINATED Lawrence, Wilson and Holmes.

Even their man up front was bigger and stronger than Keogh and Tomori."

Generally quite a balanced and honest reaction from the Derby, accepted that we were a lot better than them, and accepted the poor showing they produced given their ridiculous resources. If you ant to compare resources to a look at their bench last night.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Lampard pull the Chelsea strings next season and have Chalobah at Derby after last nights performance

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Popped onto the Derby forum... on 09:32 - Feb 14 with 5379 viewsSWGF

We were chatting about Chalobah last night & where he'd be next season. I thought he was excellent in that pivotal position. Good shout about being at Derby next year. If they're in the Champ, that could be an ideal fit for him, for another season.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Popped onto the Derby forum... on 09:34 - Feb 14 with 5346 viewsMrTown

Popped onto the Derby forum... on 09:32 - Feb 14 by SWGF

We were chatting about Chalobah last night & where he'd be next season. I thought he was excellent in that pivotal position. Good shout about being at Derby next year. If they're in the Champ, that could be an ideal fit for him, for another season.

Looked a rock in the holding role last night.

Popped onto the Derby forum... on 09:53 - Feb 14 with 5224 viewsITFC_Forever

I didn't think Lampard was sour..... thought he was critical of his own team.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Popped onto the Derby forum... on 09:56 - Feb 14 with 5194 viewsSteve_M

Yes, put him in a good side playing well and he would look better I think. He clearly made an effort to step up in Skuse's absence last night and I think that he's been decent all season - trying to drive forwards even in the poorer team performances.

I think you're right about next season, he'll be there or one of the relegated clubs.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Popped onto the Derby forum... on 10:13 - Feb 14 with 5064 viewschristiand

If that turns out to be true, which seems a very decent shout, watch him blossom.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Popped onto the Derby forum... on 11:14 - Feb 14 with 4755 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Whats Lamps been saying?

Is he beginning to feel the pressure?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Popped onto the Derby forum... on 11:18 - Feb 14 with 4728 viewsfooters

Popped onto the Derby forum... on 11:14 - Feb 14 by Marshalls_Mullet

Whats Lamps been saying?

Need more money, squad not big enough, want to be next Chelsea manager, etc.

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Popped onto the Derby forum... on 11:26 - Feb 14 with 4662 viewsIP33

Popped onto the Derby forum... on 11:14 - Feb 14 by Marshalls_Mullet

Whats Lamps been saying?

That they didn't manage the game very well considering they scored after 2, sloppy in possession and gifted us the goal which stemmed from a poor free kick. A fair assessment really.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2019 11:28]
Login to get fewer ads

Popped onto the Derby forum... on 11:38 - Feb 14 with 4576 viewsTractorCam

Popped onto the Derby forum... on 11:18 - Feb 14 by footers

Need more money, squad not big enough, want to be next Chelsea manager, etc.

Squad not big enough... they have Florian Jozefzoon and Ikechi Anya in their reserves!

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Popped onto the Derby forum... on 11:40 - Feb 14 with 4555 viewsfooters

Popped onto the Derby forum... on 11:38 - Feb 14 by TractorCam

Squad not big enough... they have Florian Jozefzoon and Ikechi Anya in their reserves!

Only having a larf- think they have 33 outfield players or something ridiculous! Fat lot of good that did them against our brave boys in blue last night.

Popped onto the Derby forum... on 11:43 - Feb 14 with 4528 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Popped onto the Derby forum... on 11:40 - Feb 14 by footers

Only having a larf- think they have 33 outfield players or something ridiculous! Fat lot of good that did them against our brave boys in blue last night.

Christ, imagine having a squad that size... 👀

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Popped onto the Derby forum... on 11:44 - Feb 14 with 4519 viewsfooters

Popped onto the Derby forum... on 11:43 - Feb 14 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Christ, imagine having a squad that size... 👀

Ha! Good point. Should have said 33 good players.

He's going to be a fantastic player. (n/t) on 11:51 - Feb 14 with 4455 viewsBloots

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

He's going to be a fantastic player. (n/t) on 11:57 - Feb 14 with 4424 viewsTractorCam

He's going to be a fantastic player. (n/t) on 11:51 - Feb 14 by Bloots

Future England international.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Popped onto the Derby forum... on 15:38 - Feb 14 with 4060 viewsSamWhiteUK

Of course it will happen. Derby aren't capable of scouting on their own
Popped onto the Derby forum... on 15:44 - Feb 14 with 4024 viewsWhymarkmariner

I would hazard a guess that Chalobah will be playing in the Premier League next season. Maybe not with Chelsea. But if he continues on this upward curve he would certainly fit in to a club just outside the top six.
Popped onto the Derby forum... on 16:01 - Feb 14 with 3962 viewsMrTown

Popped onto the Derby forum... on 11:38 - Feb 14 by TractorCam

Add into that Jacob Butterfield and George Thorne our on loan, as well as Scott Carson, Jack Marriott and Mason Mount missing last night.

Popped onto the Derby forum... on 16:04 - Feb 14 with 3947 viewsPJH

Popped onto the Derby forum... on 15:44 - Feb 14 by Whymarkmariner

I would hazard a guess that Chalobah will be playing in the Premier League next season. Maybe not with Chelsea. But if he continues on this upward curve he would certainly fit in to a club just outside the top six.

Your last sentence could refer to Chelsea.
Popped onto the Derby forum... on 16:33 - Feb 14 with 3832 viewsHerbivore

Popped onto the Derby forum... on 15:44 - Feb 14 by Whymarkmariner

Steady on. He's nowhere near that level yet.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Popped onto the Derby forum... on 18:14 - Feb 14 with 3561 viewsRyorry

Oooh, watch out HarryFromBath!

Good reading, thanks!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Popped onto the Derby forum... on 19:15 - Feb 14 with 3352 viewsnever_lose_the_faith

Popped onto the Derby forum... on 16:33 - Feb 14 by Herbivore

Steady on. He's nowhere near that level yet.

look at nailand-miles
Popped onto the Derby forum... on 19:17 - Feb 14 with 3333 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Popped onto the Derby forum... on 19:15 - Feb 14 by never_lose_the_faith

look at nailand-miles

Ashley?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Popped onto the Derby forum... on 11:54 - Feb 15 with 2764 viewsOsborneOneNil

Popped onto the Derby forum... on 09:34 - Feb 14 by MrTown

Looked a rock in the holding role last night.

And mobile.....something that is key for a player in that position.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024