Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Janoi Donacien's work permit 09:26 - Nov 9 with 4437 viewsMalcolmBlue

Just wondering if there have been any developments over this that I've missed out on. Everything I read when we initially signed him made it sound like just a formality.

Can anyone in the know clarify if it is just a case of it's just a process and he will definitely be granted the right to work in the UK or is this another oversight we can attribute to Paul Hurst's ever-increasing tally?

When we signed him reports made it seem like he had been given the green light and it just needs to be rubber stamped but that was three months ago.

Also what happens if he isn't granted a work permit or if the process drags on until the end of his loan, will he end up being just a very expensive loan or will we be able to claim our transfer fee back from Stanley?

Hope it's sorted soon, when played in the right position he's looked decent.

Poll: Is Theresa May the "Paul Hurst" of politics?

Janoi Donacien's work permit on 09:46 - Nov 9 with 4414 viewsPhilTWTD

It is just a case of waiting, confirmation had been expected before now. It's permanent leave to remain that he's waiting for rather than a work permit per se. Here's what he said about it a few weeks back.

Donacien Still Waiting for Clearance to Join Town Permanently 18th Oct 2018 17:41
Janoi Donacien may be on loan at Town from Accrington Stanley but he admits he already feels like a permanent signing, although no such deal can be finalised without government say-so. 1

Janoi Donacien's work permit on 09:47 - Nov 9 with 4398 viewsuefacup81

As is my understanding, the transfer fee will only become payable should permanent leave to remain be granted. Until then, and if no leave is granted, it's just a loan and he can be returned to Accrington at the end of the loan.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Janoi Donacien's work permit on 10:31 - Nov 9 with 4295 viewsHarry_Palmer

Janoi Donacien's work permit on 09:46 - Nov 9 by PhilTWTD

It is just a case of waiting, confirmation had been expected before now. It's permanent leave to remain that he's waiting for rather than a work permit per se. Here's what he said about it a few weeks back.

Donacien Still Waiting for Clearance to Join Town Permanently 18th Oct 2018 17:41
Janoi Donacien may be on loan at Town from Accrington Stanley but he admits he already feels like a permanent signing, although no such deal can be finalised without government say-so. 1

Phil, do you know if the club still has an option to not make this a permanent deal and send him back to Accrington should Lambert not see him as a long term option?
Janoi Donacien's work permit on 10:44 - Nov 9 with 4262 viewsMalcolmBlue

Cheers Phil, I'll read it now. I've been trying to follow things from across the pond but some stuff slips through the net

Poll: Is Theresa May the "Paul Hurst" of politics?

Janoi Donacien's work permit on 10:54 - Nov 9 with 4233 viewsfactual_blue

He'll have to leave on 30 March anyway

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Janoi Donacien's work permit on 11:35 - Nov 9 with 4154 viewshomer_123

Are we hoping it doesn't come off now?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Janoi Donacien's work permit on 14:41 - Nov 9 with 4016 viewsWacko

I heard that Town will announce it once they've got a date for the Lazio friendly

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Janoi Donacien's work permit on 15:21 - Nov 9 with 3960 viewsChocorange

Janoi Donacien's work permit on 09:47 - Nov 9 by uefacup81

As is my understanding, the transfer fee will only become payable should permanent leave to remain be granted. Until then, and if no leave is granted, it's just a loan and he can be returned to Accrington at the end of the loan.

Is there a chance that if we dont play him, that he wont be granted a work permit?

Is this one of Baldricks cunning plans?
Login to get fewer ads

Janoi Donacien's work permit on 02:04 - Nov 10 with 3795 viewsharlingblue

He is one of Paul Hurst's better signings, when played at right back, I hope that his permit is granted.
Janoi Donacien's work permit on 06:59 - Nov 10 with 3751 viewsBonchosBicycle

I hope it gets sorted too. I think he looks very solid at right back.
on 07:01 - Nov 10 with 3744 views_

Janoi Donacien's work permit on 02:04 - Nov 10 by harlingblue

He is one of Paul Hurst's better signings, when played at right back, I hope that his permit is granted.

Janoi Donacien's work permit on 07:30 - Nov 10 with 3711 viewschristiand

Would we be disappointed if it didn’t materialise into a permanent deal? I’m not convinced Donacien or Spence are the answer for us at right back. Just wonder if PL thinks this is one area of the team that needs strengthening in January? Would love to see Cotter or Crowe really put a marker down over the coming weeks.
[Post edited 10 Nov 2018 7:34]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Janoi Donacien's work permit on 08:03 - Nov 10 with 3636 viewsSuperblue95

This whole prolonged scenario brings back memories of the Adam McDonnell situation.

We seem to have no luck when it comes to these things

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Janoi Donacien's work permit on 09:36 - Nov 10 with 3572 viewsNorthstander_Blue

Was hoping it wouldn't then we can send him back

Poll: Would you be happy to sign Daryl Murphy?

Janoi Donacien's work permit on 10:18 - Nov 10 with 3523 viewsPinewoodblue

Janoi Donacien's work permit on 09:36 - Nov 10 by Northstander_Blue

Was hoping it wouldn't then we can send him back

Think this is more complicated than we know. Not playing regularly for Town probably doesn't help his case. Interesting story from At Lucia news source

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.stlucianewsonline.com/overseas-based-football

Wish him well.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Janoi Donacien's work permit on 10:25 - Nov 10 with 3506 viewspatrickswell

Janoi Donacien's work permit on 07:30 - Nov 10 by christiand

Would we be disappointed if it didn’t materialise into a permanent deal? I’m not convinced Donacien or Spence are the answer for us at right back. Just wonder if PL thinks this is one area of the team that needs strengthening in January? Would love to see Cotter or Crowe really put a marker down over the coming weeks.
[Post edited 10 Nov 2018 7:34]

It should be Emmanuel - a player with more Championship experience than any of those brought in during the summer and good enough to be part of a team that stopped Hurst adding a promotion to the Championship to his CV. And yes, I think that the tanned gnome and his troglodyte of a an assistant would be vindictive enough to loan Emmanuel back to League 1 because he had got one over on them.
Janoi Donacien's work permit on 10:32 - Nov 10 with 3488 viewsPositivelyPortman

Janoi Donacien's work permit on 10:25 - Nov 10 by patrickswell

It should be Emmanuel - a player with more Championship experience than any of those brought in during the summer and good enough to be part of a team that stopped Hurst adding a promotion to the Championship to his CV. And yes, I think that the tanned gnome and his troglodyte of a an assistant would be vindictive enough to loan Emmanuel back to League 1 because he had got one over on them.

What a ludicrous post. How old are you ffs?

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Janoi Donacien's work permit on 11:13 - Nov 10 with 3439 viewspatrickswell

Janoi Donacien's work permit on 10:32 - Nov 10 by PositivelyPortman

What a ludicrous post. How old are you ffs?

Old enough to know better - but it’s going to take a while before I’ve got all the contempt I have for Hurst and Doig out of my system.
Janoi Donacien's work permit on 11:17 - Nov 10 with 3431 viewsHerbivore

Janoi Donacien's work permit on 10:25 - Nov 10 by patrickswell

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

"absolute pony" on 11:18 - Nov 10 with 3433 viewsDyland

on 07:01 - Nov 10 by _

Libbers, sweet cheeks, you are providing more evidence that whilst you're a lovely bloke who I'd be very happy to buy a pint for, you really don't know anything about football.

#McGoldrickispants

:) x

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

on 12:29 - Nov 10 with 3353 views_

"absolute pony" on 11:18 - Nov 10 by Dyland

Libbers, sweet cheeks, you are providing more evidence that whilst you're a lovely bloke who I'd be very happy to buy a pint for, you really don't know anything about football.

#McGoldrickispants

:) x

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024