Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How much difference 08:46 - Oct 24 with 3637 viewsBlueySwede

Do you think (fully fit and up to speed) players like Huws, Bishop and Adeyemi would have done to our season? I am not sure about Bishop and Adeyemi, but Huws would certainly add some quality and energy to our midfield. Huws is training again, but how far off is Bishop?
How much difference on 09:03 - Oct 24 with 3342 viewshype313

Huws would have made a difference, the isolation issues we faced would have been far less with him pulling the strings.

Bar a few games 3 years ago you can't really tell if Bishop would have made much difference, to be honest, I doubt we will see him in a town shirt again.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

How much difference on 09:15 - Oct 24 with 3307 viewsjas0999

The problem is none of these players will remain fit, so it’s a mute point.

Huws is clearly a good player - but rarely plays. Bishop doesn’t play. Adeyemi is a complete waste of time.
How much difference on 09:16 - Oct 24 with 3305 viewsHarry_Palmer

They would have helped for sure but the problem is its difficult to see any of them ever actually being 'fully fit' again.
How much difference on 09:26 - Oct 24 with 3286 viewsRegencyBlue

Fully fit they would obviously make a difference but its not going to happen is it, and certainly not in time to get us out of this mess.

Adeyemi and Bishop will never be seen in a first team Town shirt again in my honest opinion and its beginning to look as if Huws is the same.

Bishop aside its what happens when you shop in the bargain basement. We would never have got near a player like Huws had he not got an injury record.
How much difference on 09:29 - Oct 24 with 3270 viewsSamWhiteUK

How much difference on 09:15 - Oct 24 by jas0999

Huws is clearly a good player - but rarely plays. Bishop doesn’t play. Adeyemi is a complete waste of time.

moot
How much difference on 09:32 - Oct 24 with 3265 viewsJimmy86

People are forgetting Teddy made his comeback against Exeter in the league cup. He had a setback though unfortunately.

Huws is also back in training, so hopefully soon we'll see both back in the 1st team.

Would like to see Rowe get some minutes, as has been doing well in the U23's
How much difference on 09:34 - Oct 24 with 3263 viewsMullet

At their absolute best, a massive difference possibly totally redefining this season and one or two before it.

Even if you allow for them being "average" this season we'd be midtable at least because we'd retain and use the ball much better meaning our strikers wouldn't be snatching at one chance every ten minutes at best.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

How much difference on 10:04 - Oct 24 with 3216 viewsWickets

Sadly i think this is all conjecture as it does not look as though any of them are very likely to play much of a part this season and maybe even ever. In Marcus Evans statement at the start of the season he reminded us how much of a loss they had been and what a big part he thought they could play this season and i well remember saying at the time, if we are relying on these three keeping fit we are in for a struggle. Sad but true!
Login to get fewer ads

How much difference on 10:08 - Oct 24 with 3206 viewsNthsuffolkblue

How much difference would they have made last season too?

Yes, they are all very good players and it would be great if they were fit but I think our current problems are not down to their absence.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

How much difference on 10:17 - Oct 24 with 3182 viewsBlueySwede

Actually, if I remember correctly, Huws has not been that unlucky with injuries prior to joining. Might be wrong, though.
How much difference on 11:07 - Oct 24 with 3137 viewsAlexGreen

He'd probably play Huws at left back and Bishop at right back.

Poll: Who from our injured list will play the most games in 20/21

How much difference on 11:10 - Oct 24 with 3131 viewsKeno

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

How much difference on 11:18 - Oct 24 with 3117 viewsclive_baker

Some players bodies just aren't built for the rigours of being a professional footballer. Some are just unfortunate and pick up injuries, that happens. I think when you look at the nature of the injuries these players have suffered from, and the frequency at which they've occurred, I think they fall into the first category.

Bishop has played 90 minutes for Ipswich once in his career. ONCE. Staggering really, given he made his debut in 2014. As for Huws, if he was robust and capable of staying injury free I don't think he would be here at all, certainly not for £250k. He's a quality player, but it's not much use if he can't move. It's like having a Rolls Royce in the garage without an engine, next to a beat up Fiesta that runs. There's only one of them that's going to get you to work on Monday morning.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

How much difference on 11:20 - Oct 24 with 3106 viewschicoazul

Fully fit and up to speed they would be excellent. That's a top half midfield right there. Sadly I dont believe we will see Adeyemi again and i'd be surprised if either Huws or Bish put a run together of more than a few games before breaking down, such is their injury history and our seeming-inability to put players back together again these days..

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

How much difference on 11:21 - Oct 24 with 3099 viewschicoazul

How much difference on 09:32 - Oct 24 by Jimmy86

People are forgetting Teddy made his comeback against Exeter in the league cup. He had a setback though unfortunately.

Huws is also back in training, so hopefully soon we'll see both back in the 1st team.

Would like to see Rowe get some minutes, as has been doing well in the U23's

Yeah what's happened with Rowe? In our endless search for wingers he looked decent but has completely vanished.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

on 11:27 - Oct 24 with 3082 views_

How much difference on 09:03 - Oct 24 by hype313

Huws would have made a difference, the isolation issues we faced would have been far less with him pulling the strings.

Bar a few games 3 years ago you can't really tell if Bishop would have made much difference, to be honest, I doubt we will see him in a town shirt again.

How much difference on 11:48 - Oct 24 with 3044 viewsNo9

As it is with a team manager who doesn't know who to play where or to what formula- if any, I doubt any player in the world of football would make much difference e.g IF we got Messi tomorrow how good would he be in goal?
How much difference on 12:01 - Oct 24 with 3036 viewsCoastalblue

How much difference on 11:21 - Oct 24 by chicoazul

Yeah what's happened with Rowe? In our endless search for wingers he looked decent but has completely vanished.

I don't think Rowe is going to cut it here sadly, the step up to first team will be too much.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

How much difference on 12:04 - Oct 24 with 3026 viewschicoazul

How much difference on 12:01 - Oct 24 by Coastalblue

I don't think Rowe is going to cut it here sadly, the step up to first team will be too much.

Well it#s not like we have much to lose by giving him a crack here and there is it.

How much difference on 12:08 - Oct 24 with 3021 viewsDarth_Koont

Huws is a front-foot player who is also decent at keeping the ball and using it well. He's also a goal threat in his own right with his late runs.

He'd make a massive difference. But we wouldn't be having this discussion if Nolan had stepped up. For me, Nolan is the biggest disappointment and surprised that Hurst hasn't got more out of a player he knows all about.

Pronouns: He/Him

How much difference on 12:24 - Oct 24 with 2983 viewshype313

How much difference on 12:08 - Oct 24 by Darth_Koont

Huws is a front-foot player who is also decent at keeping the ball and using it well. He's also a goal threat in his own right with his late runs.

He'd make a massive difference. But we wouldn't be having this discussion if Nolan had stepped up. For me, Nolan is the biggest disappointment and surprised that Hurst hasn't got more out of a player he knows all about.

Yep I'm also surprised at the poor performances of Nolan, he was their engine last season creating and scoring and he is a shadow of the player at Shrewsbury, maybe he's finding the step up that little bit harder, also I know he's struggling to settle in the area too.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

How much difference on 12:26 - Oct 24 with 2970 viewsKeaneish

Not much at the moment. Nothing down to the player, just the system. We're ponderous o the ball at the back, too many gaps / voids in midfield and now way near quick enough at moving the ball though the midfield or supporting the attack.

We lack so much cohesion you could out anyone in there at the moment and it wouldn't make much of a difference.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

How much difference on 12:51 - Oct 24 with 2930 viewsRyorry

How much difference on 11:20 - Oct 24 by chicoazul

Fully fit and up to speed they would be excellent. That's a top half midfield right there. Sadly I dont believe we will see Adeyemi again and i'd be surprised if either Huws or Bish put a run together of more than a few games before breaking down, such is their injury history and our seeming-inability to put players back together again these days..

Looking at this season and last with injuries, and now Didz & Webster playing regularly elsewhere (incl full matches I believe), really does suggest that there are big questions that need to be asked re our behind the scenes medical/rehab/sports science depts. It's making a massive fundamental difference. Or is it down to the managers overplaying or picking the wrong games for them? (or a combination of course).

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

How much difference on 13:29 - Oct 24 with 2868 viewsDarth_Koont

How much difference on 12:26 - Oct 24 by Keaneish

Not much at the moment. Nothing down to the player, just the system. We're ponderous o the ball at the back, too many gaps / voids in midfield and now way near quick enough at moving the ball though the midfield or supporting the attack.

We lack so much cohesion you could out anyone in there at the moment and it wouldn't make much of a difference.

Better ball retention and use of it by individuals would help the team be more cohesive.

Throughout the whole team, we seem to lose the ball or hurry a poor pass before players can get close and support. Skuse and Chalobah are the least guilty of that and they're in central midfield where there's least time and space so it's definitely a case of individuals needing to up their game or Hurst picking players who are better at it. Players like Graham and Edun, for example.

Pronouns: He/Him

How much difference on 16:41 - Oct 24 with 2773 viewsNo_Moore_Kieffer

A lot.

Bishop is scheduled to return to the 23s on Monday, so hopefully he can get some action under his belt and return as soon as possible.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024