Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Walters has just confirmed Evans called him on Goals on Sunday 11:35 - Oct 7 with 6646 viewsDublinBlue84

Would suggest that the rumours about him being an Evans signing may be true.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Walters has just confirmed Evans called him on Goals on Sunday on 11:39 - Oct 7 with 6613 viewsFixed_It

No. It suggests Evans knew him personally and Hurst didn't.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

How is that a "rumour"? (n/t) on 11:40 - Oct 7 with 6594 viewsDyland

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Walters has just confirmed Evans called him on Goals on Sunday on 12:10 - Oct 7 with 6428 viewsDarth_Koont

Strictly speaking, Evans makes all the signings doesn't he? It's pretty well documented that he handles all the deals.

And as people have pointed out, Evans knows Walters.

But overall, the idea that Evans would suddenly after 10 years go over the head of his manager and make a footballing decision on his own is bonkers.

Pronouns: He/Him

Walters has just confirmed Evans called him on Goals on Sunday on 12:14 - Oct 7 with 6390 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Walters has just confirmed Evans called him on Goals on Sunday on 12:10 - Oct 7 by Darth_Koont

Strictly speaking, Evans makes all the signings doesn't he? It's pretty well documented that he handles all the deals.

But overall, the idea that Evans would suddenly after 10 years go over the head of his manager and make a footballing decision on his own is bonkers.

Almost as bonkers as thinking its still managers that make the approaches.

Standard practice now that the manager gives the DoF or Chairman a list of targets and then someone else makes it happen.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Walters has just confirmed Evans called him on Goals on Sunday on 12:16 - Oct 7 with 6384 viewsSitfcB

He said that in his interview when he signed.

Next...

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Walters has just confirmed Evans called him on Goals on Sunday on 12:38 - Oct 7 with 6255 viewsBinner

Walters has just confirmed Evans called him on Goals on Sunday on 12:10 - Oct 7 by Darth_Koont

Not sure we're allowed to say "bonkers" any more.

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

Walters has just confirmed Evans called him on Goals on Sunday on 13:53 - Oct 7 with 5994 viewsSimonds92

I would suggest nobody actually gives a cr&p
Walters has just confirmed Evans called him on Goals on Sunday on 14:31 - Oct 7 with 5847 viewssolemio

Play nicely, children.
Login to get fewer ads

Walters has just confirmed Evans called him on Goals on Sunday on 15:01 - Oct 7 with 5752 viewshoppy

Walters has just confirmed Evans called him on Goals on Sunday on 12:38 - Oct 7 by Binner

Not sure we're allowed to say "bonkers" any more.

Has that phrase been retired now as a mark of respect?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Walters has just confirmed Evans called him on Goals on Sunday on 15:03 - Oct 7 with 5743 viewshoppy

He should’ve put his phone on silent when he’s on Goals on Sunday, whether it’s Evans ringing him or anybody else. Very unprofessional.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Walters has just confirmed Evans called him on Goals on Sunday on 15:08 - Oct 7 with 5716 viewsjeera

Walters has just confirmed Evans called him on Goals on Sunday on 15:03 - Oct 7 by hoppy

He should’ve put his phone on silent when he’s on Goals on Sunday, whether it’s Evans ringing him or anybody else. Very unprofessional.

Keane would have done his nut.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Walters has just confirmed Evans called him on Goals on Sunday on 15:14 - Oct 7 with 5699 viewsWickets

Stop talking sense on a footie forum !
Walters has just confirmed Evans called him on Goals on Sunday on 16:05 - Oct 7 with 5578 viewsBlueBadger

Walters has just confirmed Evans called him on Goals on Sunday on 15:01 - Oct 7 by hoppy

Has that phrase been retired now as a mark of respect?

More because it triggers the snowflakes, if anything.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Walters has just confirmed Evans called him on Goals on Sunday on 16:18 - Oct 7 with 5501 viewsBinner

Walters has just confirmed Evans called him on Goals on Sunday on 13:53 - Oct 7 by Simonds92

I would suggest nobody actually gives a cr&p

Though maybe someone is trying to create friction where there is none. The bane of the 'social media' era.

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

Walters has just confirmed Evans called him on Goals on Sunday on 17:04 - Oct 7 with 5356 viewsjas0999

Indeed. Tupically the player talks to the manager though, but I agree on this occasion, Walters knows Evans. No surprise here.
Walters has just confirmed Evans called him on Goals on Sunday on 17:55 - Oct 7 with 5253 viewsPositivelyPortman

I’m glad if he did ring him.
I’d love for him to be playing for us regularly. Mr 100% always.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Walters has just confirmed Evans called him on Goals on Sunday on 18:10 - Oct 7 with 5198 viewslmfcblue

Walters has just confirmed Evans called him on Goals on Sunday on 12:14 - Oct 7 by Cheltenham_Blue

Almost as bonkers as thinking its still managers that make the approaches.

Standard practice now that the manager gives the DoF or Chairman a list of targets and then someone else makes it happen.

Didn't Hurst say the other week that Collins text him saying he wouldn't be signing?
Walters has just confirmed Evans called him on Goals on Sunday on 22:24 - Oct 7 with 4737 viewsJ2BLUE

Walters has just confirmed Evans called him on Goals on Sunday on 18:10 - Oct 7 by lmfcblue

Didn't Hurst say the other week that Collins text him saying he wouldn't be signing?

Clearly it's all very individual. With MM he had loads of contacts so he probably contacted quite a lot of managers/people at other clubs himself. Evans would know Walters so it's no major shock he phoned him. Hurst would know Collins after he spent 4 days training here.

It all comes down to who knows who. I doubt when we signed Ebanks-Blake that it was ME who made the first move because it wouldn't make any sense. Again, with McAuley it was probably ME. Who do we think Shrewsbury phoned when they wanted Emmanuel?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Walters has just confirmed Evans called him on Goals on Sunday on 20:26 - Oct 8 with 4201 viewsWickets

This thread just smacks of some trying to make a mountain out of any molehill, Hurst could have well suggested Evans call Walters or Evans could have asked Hurst shall i approach Walters, truth is all Town managers under Evans have said they talk to the owner regularly . No story here !!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024