Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How much did Keane pay for Priskin? 17:08 - Oct 3 with 1328 viewsstewartm

I could just write it all went wrong when Evans took control of Ipswich, but the treatment of Majilton and the horror show that followed (and is now continuing) is all down to Evans!

Poll: How long will Lamburke survive this season?

How much did Keane pay for Priskin? on 17:09 - Oct 3 with 1314 viewsIllinoisblue

it was 1.3m or 1.7m. Similar fee for Lee white boots Martin. Imagine if Mick had received those sort of funds to spend...

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

How much did Keane pay for Priskin? on 17:10 - Oct 3 with 1298 viewsJ2BLUE

£1.7m

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

How much did Keane pay for Priskin? on 17:11 - Oct 3 with 1298 viewsstewartm

How much did Keane pay for Priskin? on 17:09 - Oct 3 by Illinoisblue

it was 1.3m or 1.7m. Similar fee for Lee white boots Martin. Imagine if Mick had received those sort of funds to spend...

I could never disagree with your comment!

Poll: How long will Lamburke survive this season?

How much did Keane pay for Priskin? on 17:12 - Oct 3 with 1294 viewsBasuco

Didn't Keane take funds from the academy and use them for first team spending? I might be wrong here.
How much did Keane pay for Priskin? on 17:14 - Oct 3 with 1288 viewsGeoffSentence

How much did Keane pay for Priskin? on 17:10 - Oct 3 by J2BLUE

£1.7m

Though he didn't negotiate the fee and said he would never have paid that much if it was down to him.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

How much did Keane pay for Priskin? on 17:28 - Oct 3 with 1244 viewsCurrie10

He spent £1.7 mill.

However, after reading his book he didn't negotiate the fee at all. He was pleased to sign him, and absolutely alarmed it was that - he thought it was around £500k!!
How much did Keane pay for Priskin? on 17:41 - Oct 3 with 1193 viewsBlueBadger

How much did Keane pay for Priskin? on 17:14 - Oct 3 by GeoffSentence

Though he didn't negotiate the fee and said he would never have paid that much if it was down to him.

...but he still bought him.

See also: Lee Martin.

He also got the arse when Clegg wouldn't break the bank to sign Chopra.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

How much did Keane pay for Priskin? on 17:48 - Oct 3 with 1182 viewsBlueBadger

How much did Keane pay for Priskin? on 17:28 - Oct 3 by Currie10

He spent £1.7 mill.

However, after reading his book he didn't negotiate the fee at all. He was pleased to sign him, and absolutely alarmed it was that - he thought it was around £500k!!

He did, however get the arse when Clegg refused to go to £4M+ for Michael Chopra...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Login to get fewer ads

How much did Keane pay for Priskin? on 17:54 - Oct 3 with 1170 viewsmagilton

We would have been ripped off if Priskin had joined on a free.
How much did Keane pay for Priskin? on 18:24 - Oct 3 with 1118 viewsRadlett_blue

How much did Keane pay for Priskin? on 17:54 - Oct 3 by magilton

We would have been ripped off if Priskin had joined on a free.

It's not just about signing players, it's about using them properly. Priskin had come off a decent season at Watford under Brendan Rogers, where the team played to his strengths & got the ball to him on the ground. I groaned when we signed him because I thought we would lump long balls in his general direction & that's exactly what happened & unsurprisingly he was ineffective. While he wasn't ever worth £1.7m, there's more to it than that.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

How much did Keane pay for Priskin? on 18:30 - Oct 3 with 1102 viewsBlueBadger

How much did Keane pay for Priskin? on 18:24 - Oct 3 by Radlett_blue

It's not just about signing players, it's about using them properly. Priskin had come off a decent season at Watford under Brendan Rogers, where the team played to his strengths & got the ball to him on the ground. I groaned when we signed him because I thought we would lump long balls in his general direction & that's exactly what happened & unsurprisingly he was ineffective. While he wasn't ever worth £1.7m, there's more to it than that.

Priskin was a rich man's Kevin Lisbie. He was signed off the back of one, half-decent season in which he score 12 goals, albeit for a pretty indifferent Watford team. One season in Hungary aside, he'd never broke double figures in season before(or, to my knowledge, since).
Lest we forget, he went out on loan numerous times after Jewell HAD tried playing to his strengths, to little avail. It's not that he wasn't 'used properly', he was crap.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2018 18:40]

How much did Keane pay for Priskin? on 18:50 - Oct 3 with 1060 viewsmagilton

How much did Keane pay for Priskin? on 18:24 - Oct 3 by Radlett_blue

The guy had a purple patch for Watford but you only have to look at his post-Town career to see that he should never have been signed, especially with Rhodes being let go for such a pathetic fee. Just terrible decision making all around.
How much did Keane pay for Priskin? on 19:11 - Oct 3 with 1013 viewsBlueBadger

How much did Keane pay for Priskin? on 18:50 - Oct 3 by magilton

The guy had a purple patch for Watford but you only have to look at his post-Town career to see that he should never have been signed, especially with Rhodes being let go for such a pathetic fee. Just terrible decision making all around.

Hell, even during his Town career. He had a couple of loans AND a manager who DID play him 'ball to feet'. He was still crap.

How much did Keane pay for Priskin? on 01:50 - Oct 4 with 896 viewsThe_Last_Baron

How much did Keane pay for Priskin? on 18:50 - Oct 3 by magilton

Wasn't Rhodes sold to finance the Priskin deal?

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024