Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Honest reaction (Norwich Home) 14:56 - Sep 2 with 4504 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

First of all a big shout out to every single town fan there today, the atmosphere and support for the team was absolutely fantastic.

Secondly, the Town players gave absolutely everything on that pitch and for the shirt and for the they have 100%.

However, for the absolute hard work and desire, unfortunately again I have to say we do lack quality in the team. I think the only quality on the pitch today was Gwion Edwards and Jonny Walters. Though Pennington was a class act but we do certainly lack creativity to open a team up.

We still very much remain the same philosophy as under MM, Walters was very much the target man with Kayden Jackson the runner in behind, please no one be disillusioned that we are playing a different style of football, please dont be disillusioned.

HOWEVER you have to say them players gave everything for that shirt, something we didn't see at the same levels under the last 18 months of MM, and for that they deserve an immense amount of credit. Well Done Town, Well Done Town fans.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Honest reaction (Norwich Home) on 15:06 - Sep 2 with 4034 viewsMenton

I have to disagree with your point about the players not trying in the last 18 months under Mick. They never stopped trying and effort was often what got us out of jail. We were dull under Mick but you can’t accuse the players of lacking heart.

Gareth McCauley in Dead Man's Shoes
Poll: Which of our strikers will get injured for the Republic of Ireland tomorrow?

Honest reaction (Norwich Home) on 15:06 - Sep 2 with 4034 viewschristiand

Completely agree about the lack of quality throughout the team and that ultimately will be our downfall this season. Today’s performance just confirmed to me that staying up this season is going to be a huge task, we just don’t look good enough. We look a very poor Championship side, but show lots of endeavour. The performance today was one very much in the MM mould, if that’s us for the rest of the season we might as well have kept MM on as our manager. If this is a project under PH, we sadly haven’t progressed very far!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Honest reaction (Norwich Home) on 15:09 - Sep 2 with 3975 viewsurbanblue

It depends how you categorise a 'Mick like' performance. I have to say, that for the first time since PH's arrival I thought the first half resembled a a Mick like performance. Lot's of Huff and Puff with not much end product. However, that spell in the second half up until we scored was something else. That is how I believe PH wants us to play ....

.... it will take some time!!
Honest reaction (Norwich Home) on 15:10 - Sep 2 with 3945 viewsAlong

I'm glad some people are at last seeing we lack any sort of quality, we sold our quality players and replaced with a load of average players from league 1. I'm not saying it was Hurst's fault these players were sold, but I think his signings lack any real quality.

Let's stop the 'its only been 7 games' bull and face up to fact we are probably in for this kind of performance, league position all season.

I'd disagree with your last comment, I think the players always gave Mick pretty much 100%, we wouldn't have done as well as we did without this.
Honest reaction (Norwich Home) on 15:11 - Sep 2 with 3922 viewsSpruceMoose

Honest reaction (Norwich Home) on 15:10 - Sep 2 by Along

I'm glad some people are at last seeing we lack any sort of quality, we sold our quality players and replaced with a load of average players from league 1. I'm not saying it was Hurst's fault these players were sold, but I think his signings lack any real quality.

Let's stop the 'its only been 7 games' bull and face up to fact we are probably in for this kind of performance, league position all season.

I'd disagree with your last comment, I think the players always gave Mick pretty much 100%, we wouldn't have done as well as we did without this.

Budgies gon' Budgie.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Honest reaction (Norwich Home) on 15:11 - Sep 2 with 3912 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Honest reaction (Norwich Home) on 15:06 - Sep 2 by Menton

I have to disagree with your point about the players not trying in the last 18 months under Mick. They never stopped trying and effort was often what got us out of jail. We were dull under Mick but you can’t accuse the players of lacking heart.

Not lacking heart as such, but lacking intensity.

Honest reaction (Norwich Home) on 15:12 - Sep 2 with 3897 viewsGarv

Honest reaction (Norwich Home) on 15:06 - Sep 2 by christiand

Completely agree about the lack of quality throughout the team and that ultimately will be our downfall this season. Today’s performance just confirmed to me that staying up this season is going to be a huge task, we just don’t look good enough. We look a very poor Championship side, but show lots of endeavour. The performance today was one very much in the MM mould, if that’s us for the rest of the season we might as well have kept MM on as our manager. If this is a project under PH, we sadly haven’t progressed very far!

Your last sentence makes absolutely no sense.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Honest reaction (Norwich Home) on 15:13 - Sep 2 with 3863 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Worded wrong, I dont ever think a player never wanted to play for MM, he wouldn't allow it, but you cannot honestly saying the same intensity was there in the last 18 months for example as there was in our play off season.

Login to get fewer ads

Honest reaction (Norwich Home) on 15:16 - Sep 2 with 3821 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Honest reaction (Norwich Home) on 15:09 - Sep 2 by urbanblue

It depends how you categorise a 'Mick like' performance. I have to say, that for the first time since PH's arrival I thought the first half resembled a a Mick like performance. Lot's of Huff and Puff with not much end product. However, that spell in the second half up until we scored was something else. That is how I believe PH wants us to play ....

The spell after half time was exactly how MM had us in his best, a lot of intensity, a lot of threat from wide areas. It was MM at his very best, and I think with the lack of quality we actually have it possibly is our most effective way of playing. It's was entertaining for the 20 minutes but then when it dies down and it becomes a lot more huff and puff again it does become frustrating.

Honest reaction (Norwich Home) on 15:16 - Sep 2 with 3813 viewschristiand

Honest reaction (Norwich Home) on 15:12 - Sep 2 by Garv

If you are unable to read, then yes I would agree with you.

Honest reaction (Norwich Home) on 15:17 - Sep 2 with 3791 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Honest reaction (Norwich Home) on 15:12 - Sep 2 by Garv

I dont think it makes no sense, just stating that it isn't a progression from Mick, whether you agree with his opinion is a different matter all together.

Honest reaction (Norwich Home) on 15:31 - Sep 2 with 3654 viewschristiand

Honest reaction (Norwich Home) on 15:17 - Sep 2 by TheTrueBlue1878

I dont think it makes no sense, just stating that it isn't a progression from Mick, whether you agree with his opinion is a different matter all together.

‘I don’t think it makes no sense’....brilliant!!

Honest reaction (Norwich Home) on 15:33 - Sep 2 with 3626 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Honest reaction (Norwich Home) on 15:31 - Sep 2 by christiand

‘I don’t think it makes no sense’....brilliant!!

What? That makes no sense.

Honest reaction (Norwich Home) on 15:36 - Sep 2 with 3586 viewsPositivelyPortman

WE DIDN’T SELL THEM, THEY WANTED TO LEAVE FFS.
Gormless or what?

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Honest reaction (Norwich Home) on 15:37 - Sep 2 with 3583 viewschristiand

Honest reaction (Norwich Home) on 15:33 - Sep 2 by TheTrueBlue1878

What? That makes no sense.

A double negative there, it doesn’t make any sense!!!

Honest reaction (Norwich Home) on 15:37 - Sep 2 with 3570 viewsSpruceMoose

Honest reaction (Norwich Home) on 15:36 - Sep 2 by PositivelyPortman

Gormless or what?

Poster is a Budgie troll. Please ignore.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Honest reaction (Norwich Home) on 15:41 - Sep 2 with 3523 viewsSwansea_Blue

Gormless or what?

I think you’ve missed the point, which wasn’t that they were sold but that we didn’t replace with like quality.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Honest reaction (Norwich Home) on 16:39 - Sep 2 with 3282 viewsBloomBlue

Anyone who has ever played football know changing style takes a long time, unfortunalty we have lots of fans who have only ever played football on a computer game real life isn't the same.
Honest reaction (Norwich Home) on 17:00 - Sep 2 with 3152 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Gormless or what?

No, they were under contract and we chose to sell them

This whole no options but to sell thing is ridiculous, we could have kept them if we wanted to

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Honest reaction (Norwich Home) on 17:21 - Sep 2 with 3043 viewsDublinBlue84

Don't agree that Bart should have been dropped but I can see why Hurst did it. Slight worry is that I don't see Gerken making the kind of saves that Bart does when he is at his best and over the course of the season that may mean less points picked up. Noticeable how he came out both halves on his own, say he's pretty dejected.

Graham for me was very poor, going down too easy, looked very rusty and every time he got the ball felt that he was going to lose it or fall over. Edun has to be in for me for the next game as Graham is nowhere near ready to be playing, could do with at least some U23 games to get him match fit, since I assume that is the problem.

Walters had a good return, Edwards excellent as usual and Pennington feels like a find. Not convinced by our defending fully today, but at least having three of last seasons back for seemed to have a positive difference versus having two new players there, I'd expect Nsala to come back in but Pennington is promising. Wonder how Collins will fit in to be honest.

Unfortunately I'm struggling to see what is so good about Harrison and Jackson at this point, both of them don't look up to the standard for this division so far, sure maybe they will prove me wrong, but they just don't look like Championship players for me and don't look like scoring at all.

Norwich were really awful, that's the worst team I've seen them bring to PR, they offered very little and looked like a team going through the motions who were not up for it and had no real plan or quality. Seemed to be content with a draw and were not exactly pushing men forward. if I was a Norwich fan I'd be deeply concerned.

That being said we have an awful lot of work to do and over the season so far we've played some teams who have not been anything special but haven't taken a win out of any of those games. With harder games to come then that is a concern for me, so the Jury is still very much out on Hurst and his system. I still remain very much on the fence, since we need to start putting wins on the board.

Have to say though that on that showing, Norwich have even more to fear than us about relegation.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2018 17:22]

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Honest reaction (Norwich Home) on 17:54 - Sep 2 with 2926 viewsAlong

Gormless or what?

Did we cancel their contracts and let them go for nothing? No....we sold them for a fee. If you read my post, I said it wasn't necessarily Hurst's fault for selling. Maybe think a little before getting the insults out because you just end up looking stupid.
Honest reaction (Norwich Home) on 18:01 - Sep 2 with 2879 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Honest reaction (Norwich Home) on 17:21 - Sep 2 by DublinBlue84

Don't agree that Bart should have been dropped but I can see why Hurst did it. Slight worry is that I don't see Gerken making the kind of saves that Bart does when he is at his best and over the course of the season that may mean less points picked up. Noticeable how he came out both halves on his own, say he's pretty dejected.

Graham for me was very poor, going down too easy, looked very rusty and every time he got the ball felt that he was going to lose it or fall over. Edun has to be in for me for the next game as Graham is nowhere near ready to be playing, could do with at least some U23 games to get him match fit, since I assume that is the problem.

Walters had a good return, Edwards excellent as usual and Pennington feels like a find. Not convinced by our defending fully today, but at least having three of last seasons back for seemed to have a positive difference versus having two new players there, I'd expect Nsala to come back in but Pennington is promising. Wonder how Collins will fit in to be honest.

Unfortunately I'm struggling to see what is so good about Harrison and Jackson at this point, both of them don't look up to the standard for this division so far, sure maybe they will prove me wrong, but they just don't look like Championship players for me and don't look like scoring at all.

Norwich were really awful, that's the worst team I've seen them bring to PR, they offered very little and looked like a team going through the motions who were not up for it and had no real plan or quality. Seemed to be content with a draw and were not exactly pushing men forward. if I was a Norwich fan I'd be deeply concerned.

That being said we have an awful lot of work to do and over the season so far we've played some teams who have not been anything special but haven't taken a win out of any of those games. With harder games to come then that is a concern for me, so the Jury is still very much out on Hurst and his system. I still remain very much on the fence, since we need to start putting wins on the board.

Have to say though that on that showing, Norwich have even more to fear than us about relegation.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2018 17:22]

Agree with 100% of that. Don’t think Bart deserves to be dropped at all especially after everything he has done over the past 3 years.

Think Graham can only be described as rusty today. Needs game time but we need results now. I would be playing Edun there with graham having 20/30 minutes and build him up.

I’m sorry but Jackson/Harrison look a waste of money. 2.5 million for the both could have easily been spent best elsewhere.Jon Walters/Chris Martin should have been the two we went into the season with.

I’m not sold on Jon nolan, again 1.2m for him, and I look at him and think he is no better than Dozzell/no better than nydam/no better than Bishop/definitely not better than Huws. Would again have rather used the money elsewhere.

Thought Pennington was mustard, a lot lot cooler and calmer than Nsiala who tends to be too rash.

Need to settle on a system and personnel and start to stick with them now.

Honest reaction (Norwich Home) on 18:07 - Sep 2 with 2848 viewsBluedanW

Honest reaction (Norwich Home) on 15:09 - Sep 2 by urbanblue

Similar game to Blackburn first game of the season. We had a couple of decent chances straight after taking the league. Missed them both and then resulted to the Mick McCarthy sit back and defend. Sadly our defence isn't as good as McCarthys so I really can't see us winning a game pretty soon unless we score very late. D
Poor defence and a lacklustre league 1 strike force. A deflection was the only way we would score
Honest reaction (Norwich Home) on 18:55 - Sep 2 with 2668 viewswarkthisway

Rubbish- no passion at all second half when we needed to get back in front - bunch of wimps who don’t deserve the support they got

bentnkuqi

Honest reaction (Norwich Home) on 20:53 - Sep 2 with 2439 viewsWickets

Are we playing a different style of football maybe not but for me the big difference is we are now trying to play on the front foot for the first time for quite a while.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024