Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lorry driver tries to block thieves path 13:18 - Aug 5 with 1881 viewsjeera

Then gets criticised on Twitter, with someone expressing concern for the safety of the perpetrators:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/vigilante-waitrose-lorry-driver-swerves-ac

Can't win.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Lorry driver tries to block thieves path on 13:23 - Aug 5 with 1844 viewsJ2BLUE

Twitter has good parts and good people but overall social media is poison.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Lorry driver tries to block thieves path on 13:43 - Aug 5 with 1773 viewsSwansea_Blue

Lorry driver tries to block thieves path on 13:23 - Aug 5 by J2BLUE

Twitter has good parts and good people but overall social media is poison.

Too true. Social media is very useful in some instances (it can literally be a life saver and can help people in times of need or just make life easier by providing information or helping people connect). But it’s horrendously abused. Once people stop using it as a tool to make their life easier or positively connect, that’s where the problem starts. And once people use it to spread hate or simply abuse people to make their own insignificant lives seem better, it certainly is poison.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Lorry driver tries to block thieves path on 14:03 - Aug 5 with 1733 viewsPendejo

Lewisham has suffered very badly for these scum, so I applaud the lorry driver.

As for endangering others...

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/636616/London-crime-news-moped-gang

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/16314317.moped-riders-wanted-after-robberies-i

They don't seem to worry about others, why worry about them?

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Lorry driver tries to block thieves path on 14:09 - Aug 5 with 1716 viewsPJH

Lorry driver tries to block thieves path on 14:03 - Aug 5 by Pendejo

Lewisham has suffered very badly for these scum, so I applaud the lorry driver.

As for endangering others...

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/636616/London-crime-news-moped-gang

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/16314317.moped-riders-wanted-after-robberies-i

They don't seem to worry about others, why worry about them?

I can never understand sympathy for anyone that gets hurt or worse either in committing a crime or in the aftermath of committing a crime.
If someone steals a car and wraps it around a tree and injures themselves or worse then maybe they should not have stolen the car.
Lorry driver tries to block thieves path on 15:30 - Aug 5 with 1599 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Twitter; the home of outrage and pedantry.

Ignore it. Full of tw4ts.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Lorry driver tries to block thieves path on 15:47 - Aug 5 with 1548 viewsNthsuffolkblue

One person on Twitter criticised him and asked the company whether it was policy. I would suspect that Twitter user has far too much sympathy with the thieves for a particular reason. If she is not already known to the police I am sure they are having a good look at her associations now (or should be).

All other comments I have seen have praised the lorry driver. I sometimes wonder how easy it would be to judge a situation and know the best way to help but it is clear he got it right here.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Lorry driver tries to block thieves path on 16:44 - Aug 5 with 1464 viewsjeera

Lorry driver tries to block thieves path on 15:47 - Aug 5 by Nthsuffolkblue

One person on Twitter criticised him and asked the company whether it was policy. I would suspect that Twitter user has far too much sympathy with the thieves for a particular reason. If she is not already known to the police I am sure they are having a good look at her associations now (or should be).

All other comments I have seen have praised the lorry driver. I sometimes wonder how easy it would be to judge a situation and know the best way to help but it is clear he got it right here.

Then maybe you've done some in-depth reading on it. I haven't so have probably missed something.

2 reports I've read said the same line, so are from the same source admittedly. But they do say, "Others were critical of the driver's actions, labelling him a "vigilante."

I hope that's untrue then. Good.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Lorry driver tries to block thieves path on 17:45 - Aug 5 with 1380 viewsBlueBadger

Lorry driver tries to block thieves path on 15:30 - Aug 5 by Marshalls_Mullet

Twitter; the home of outrage and pedantry.

Ignore it. Full of tw4ts.

Nothing like this place then?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024