Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nsiala and Nolan are Town player in all but name 18:27 - Aug 1 with 3773 viewsportmanking

There's no way Hurst would have bid for the players without being confident of getting them.

He knows the valuation Shrewsbury had of the players last season, so will have been able to fill Evans in on this from the get go.

As a few others have said, Caldwell is merely posturing to appease the Salop fans three days before the start of the campaign.
Nsiala and Nolan are Town player in all but name on 18:42 - Aug 1 with 3637 viewsElderGrizzly

Maybe, or maybe Hurst has broken an agreement not to go back in the first window?
Nsiala and Nolan are Town player in all but name on 18:43 - Aug 1 with 3628 viewsjas0999

Nsiala and Nolan are Town player in all but name on 18:42 - Aug 1 by ElderGrizzly

Maybe, or maybe Hurst has broken an agreement not to go back in the first window?

Do you think there would have been that agreement? Seems a little unlikely.
Nsiala and Nolan are Town player in all but name on 18:44 - Aug 1 with 3614 viewsportmanking

Nsiala and Nolan are Town player in all but name on 18:42 - Aug 1 by ElderGrizzly

Why would he agree to something like that?
Nsiala and Nolan are Town player in all but name on 18:56 - Aug 1 with 3481 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I suspect Caldwell mightve mentioned it had that been the case.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Nsiala and Nolan are Town player in all but name on 19:06 - Aug 1 with 3408 viewsmuccletonjoe

Absolute rubbish. How many summer windows have to go by with us putting bids in for players we never get ??. No way on earth will we spending over 2 million on these 2 players.
Nsiala and Nolan are Town player in all but name on 20:00 - Aug 1 with 3153 viewsJ2BLUE

Such an arrogant title. If we saw this about Waghorn on the Boro board this site would melt down.

We're Ipswich. We'll likely increase the bid bu 47p per day and miss out. Watford also showed last year that when a chairman digs his heels in they do have power to block moves.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Nsiala and Nolan are Town player in all but name on 20:15 - Aug 1 with 3079 viewsElderGrizzly

Nsiala and Nolan are Town player in all but name on 18:56 - Aug 1 by Marshalls_Mullet

I suspect Caldwell mightve mentioned it had that been the case.

No idea, but it isn’t unheard of. Obviously not enforceable, but he might have had a gentleman's agreement?

But you’re right, the Shrews chIrman appears to be quite gobby so we’d know!
Nsiala and Nolan are Town player in all but name on 20:20 - Aug 1 with 3023 viewsJ2BLUE

Nsiala and Nolan are Town player in all but name on 20:15 - Aug 1 by ElderGrizzly

No idea, but it isn’t unheard of. Obviously not enforceable, but he might have had a gentleman's agreement?

But you’re right, the Shrews chIrman appears to be quite gobby so we’d know!

I doubt it was ever an issue. It makes no sense for them to have that agreement. If Derby came in for them for example they would want as many clubs targeting them as possible.

Do we really have such a low opinion of Evans/Hurst to think they would go back on their word? It's nonsense.

Truly impaired.

Login to get fewer ads

Nsiala and Nolan are Town player in all but name on 20:23 - Aug 1 with 2980 viewsolimar

I know tat bids are often speculative to start with, but it seems a bit of a waste if we are bidding below a figure that our manager himself knows they had agreed they were worth.
Nsiala and Nolan are Town player in all but name on 20:30 - Aug 1 with 2917 viewsElderGrizzly

Nsiala and Nolan are Town player in all but name on 20:20 - Aug 1 by J2BLUE

I doubt it was ever an issue. It makes no sense for them to have that agreement. If Derby came in for them for example they would want as many clubs targeting them as possible.

Do we really have such a low opinion of Evans/Hurst to think they would go back on their word? It's nonsense.

You’re defending Evans now? The world is upside down 😉
Nsiala and Nolan are Town player in all but name on 20:30 - Aug 1 with 2920 viewsportmanking

Nsiala and Nolan are Town player in all but name on 20:00 - Aug 1 by J2BLUE

Such an arrogant title. If we saw this about Waghorn on the Boro board this site would melt down.

We're Ipswich. We'll likely increase the bid bu 47p per day and miss out. Watford also showed last year that when a chairman digs his heels in they do have power to block moves.

How is it arrogant?

Hurst would know precisely the sum of money that Shrewsbury would be wiling to accept, so why would he let Evans make a derisory offer? We're already in their ballpark and will find a middle ground soon enough.
Nsiala and Nolan are Town player in all but name on 20:33 - Aug 1 with 2885 viewsbluefunk

Nsiala and Nolan are Town player in all but name on 20:30 - Aug 1 by portmanking

How is it arrogant?

Hurst would know precisely the sum of money that Shrewsbury would be wiling to accept, so why would he let Evans make a derisory offer? We're already in their ballpark and will find a middle ground soon enough.

To add to that, it’s seems unlikely that the Chairman would have given that level of detail in his interview if they weren’t on their way. Many of his comments had the air of justifying himself to the Shrews fan base
Nsiala and Nolan are Town player in all but name on 21:08 - Aug 1 with 2732 viewsbournemouthblue

Nsiala and Nolan are Town player in all but name on 20:30 - Aug 1 by portmanking

How is it arrogant?

Hurst would have roughly known what they would accept

All this posturing could just be an attempt to push up the fees especially given the timing of it

Their potential replacements may also have an effect on the pricing?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Nsiala and Nolan are Town player in all but name on 21:17 - Aug 1 with 2656 viewsJ2BLUE

Nsiala and Nolan are Town player in all but name on 20:30 - Aug 1 by ElderGrizzly

You’re defending Evans now? The world is upside down 😉

I've always been balanced IMO.

Truly impaired.

Nsiala and Nolan are Town player in all but name on 21:24 - Aug 1 with 2593 viewstextbackup

What I find strange is why didn’t we do this earlier, as PH must have known he wanted them from the off.

Unless he wasn’t fussed when we got them as he knew that they knew his style and requirements.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Nsiala and Nolan are Town player in all but name on 21:29 - Aug 1 with 2541 viewsBrixtonBlue

Nsiala and Nolan are Town player in all but name on 21:17 - Aug 1 by J2BLUE

I've always been balanced IMO.

Unlike that rock

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Nsiala and Nolan are Town player in all but name on 21:34 - Aug 1 with 2490 viewsJ2BLUE

Nsiala and Nolan are Town player in all but name on 21:29 - Aug 1 by BrixtonBlue

Unlike that rock

Truly impaired.

Nsiala and Nolan are Town player in all but name on 21:36 - Aug 1 with 2459 viewsJakeITFC

Nsiala and Nolan are Town player in all but name on 21:24 - Aug 1 by textbackup

What I find strange is why didn’t we do this earlier, as PH must have known he wanted them from the off.

Unless he wasn’t fussed when we got them as he knew that they knew his style and requirements.

Maybe it was hands off until August?
Nsiala and Nolan are Town player in all but name on 21:37 - Aug 1 with 2439 viewstextbackup

Nsiala and Nolan are Town player in all but name on 21:36 - Aug 1 by JakeITFC

Maybe it was hands off until August?

If it was I hope that it’s in writing, so PH can stick it on the wall and laugh at it, knowing the TW is still open in august

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Nsiala and Nolan are Town player in all but name on 21:41 - Aug 1 with 2399 viewsJakeITFC

Nsiala and Nolan are Town player in all but name on 21:37 - Aug 1 by textbackup

If it was I hope that it’s in writing, so PH can stick it on the wall and laugh at it, knowing the TW is still open in august

I did think to myself as I typed it that it would be a weird clause to put in.
Nsiala and Nolan are Town player in all but name on 21:43 - Aug 1 with 2368 viewsSuperfrans

How is it arrogant?

There is an assumption from a few people on here that Hurst would know what these players are worth now and that we would bid that. The Shrews chairman has said Hurst was involved in discussions about their value, but that could have been last October, for all we know, when Nsiala had 18 months plus left and Nolan almost over two and a half years. They now have 1 year and 2 years, plus the window shuts in 8 days. That could easily slice 20% off the initial discussed value.

Also, who ever heard of someone going into a negotiation and immediately bidding the highest fee? Has nobody on here ever bought a car, seen the value is £5,000, hummed and hawed, and offered £4,500?

Personally, I think they’re as good as ours. The Shrews chairman has said as much, the players don’t want to be there and more. The question for the Shrews is whether they can find replacements in time for Saturday - but this could go right up to the weekend.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2018 21:44]

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Nsiala and Nolan are Town player in all but name on 21:49 - Aug 1 with 2308 viewsSuperfrans

We may have been having off the record talks with the Shrews owner for weeks. It’s quite clear that there’s more to things than meet the eye with him - there must have been talks going on before the P.O. final re. Hurst (we would never have waited that long otherwise) and yet he denied any talks, presumably to protect himself, for whatever reason. And we’re being made to look the big bad wolves again, when the very same thing might have happened (to allow them time to get in replacements).

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Nsiala and Nolan are Town player in all but name on 22:20 - Aug 1 with 2171 viewsagentp

Nsiala and Nolan are Town player in all but name on 21:43 - Aug 1 by Superfrans

There is an assumption from a few people on here that Hurst would know what these players are worth now and that we would bid that. The Shrews chairman has said Hurst was involved in discussions about their value, but that could have been last October, for all we know, when Nsiala had 18 months plus left and Nolan almost over two and a half years. They now have 1 year and 2 years, plus the window shuts in 8 days. That could easily slice 20% off the initial discussed value.

Also, who ever heard of someone going into a negotiation and immediately bidding the highest fee? Has nobody on here ever bought a car, seen the value is £5,000, hummed and hawed, and offered £4,500?

Personally, I think they’re as good as ours. The Shrews chairman has said as much, the players don’t want to be there and more. The question for the Shrews is whether they can find replacements in time for Saturday - but this could go right up to the weekend.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2018 21:44]

Agree with much of that.

It's actually common practice. It's laughable the way some here think transfers work. I understand if you don't know you don't know but using b0ll0cks as some do to knock ITFC staff is quite laughable.

9/10 first bids are declined. It usually takes 3 or 4.

The players do not have a price tag hanging out of their arse - They have NO value. The buying club will talk to his agent and usually find out a) what he earns. b) what he wants to earn. c) How long left on his contract. d) if he's happy. e) if his family is happy. If they can work with those they will discuss if the club is an option for him and offer a bid accordingly.

If he's happy, earning his desired wage with a settled family and a long contract he will go for a big bid. If not the starting price will start t decline.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2018 22:26]

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Nsiala and Nolan are Town player in all but name on 22:51 - Aug 1 with 2038 viewsHarry_Palmer

Perhaps its only now that he know's he is definitely getting the Waghorn money?

Prior to this I guess the other players he has brought in were considered more of a priority.

I'm just guessing but seems feasible.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024