Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well Blackburn have let us off the hook 10:03 - Jul 18 with 4508 viewsDanFord

We all know the sponsorship game and that it's all about branding. Most of us agree that the Magical Vegas logo looks terrible on our kit. Now I get it. I really do. But there surely has to be a line. Unfortunately Blackburn Rovers have agreed to cross that line. There is no doubt this is the best example of a sponsor ruining a shirt (blooming nice one may I say) with its logo. This is beyond horrid.

WARNING - VIEW AT YOUR OWN RISK

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2018/july/new-home-shirt-on-sale-today/

PS. It's so bad I didn't think it was responsible to post the image.

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

Well Blackburn have let us off the hook on 10:06 - Jul 18 with 3898 viewsTJS

At least it's monochrome.
In fact other than it looking like every player has the number 10 on their shirt I would say Magical Vegas is worse.
Well Blackburn have let us off the hook on 10:07 - Jul 18 with 3892 viewsBluefish

How about you compare the rest of the league and see how many are better, worse or the same as our sponsor and then maybe this boring subject can stop

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Well Blackburn have let us off the hook on 10:07 - Jul 18 with 3892 viewsNazemariner

T'is a nice looking kit you're right!

Don't think the sponsor looks that bad myself. Certainly not as dreadful as ours.
Well Blackburn have let us off the hook on 10:08 - Jul 18 with 3889 viewsunstableblue

I have to say our one looks worse

My nephew doesn't want the home or away strip this year for his bday... he loathes the Vegas logo... so getting him ITFC adidas training top instead.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Well Blackburn have let us off the hook on 10:09 - Jul 18 with 3863 viewsPJH

Well Blackburn have let us off the hook on 10:07 - Jul 18 by Bluefish

How about you compare the rest of the league and see how many are better, worse or the same as our sponsor and then maybe this boring subject can stop

Important that we see first,second and third kits for all teams first though.
Well Blackburn have let us off the hook on 10:09 - Jul 18 with 3861 viewsDanFord

Well Blackburn have let us off the hook on 10:06 - Jul 18 by TJS

At least it's monochrome.
In fact other than it looking like every player has the number 10 on their shirt I would say Magical Vegas is worse.

Shirley not! It's just a bizarre logo! It looks like it was created by a 4 year old in 1980. Why would any company (let alone one that must have a few quid) run with that!

Well Blackburn have let us off the hook on 10:10 - Jul 18 with 3858 viewsNazemariner

The dreadfulness of our sponsors logo is amplified by how poor our kits are this year.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 10:10]
Well Blackburn have let us off the hook on 10:11 - Jul 18 with 3836 viewsJohnWarksTash

Well Blackburn have let us off the hook on 10:08 - Jul 18 by unstableblue

My nephew doesn't want the home or away strip this year for his bday... he loathes the Vegas logo... so getting him ITFC adidas training top instead.

If he is in the Junior sizes he won't get the Vegas logo......
Login to get fewer ads

Well Blackburn have let us off the hook on 10:13 - Jul 18 with 3825 viewsDanFord

Well Blackburn have let us off the hook on 10:10 - Jul 18 by Nazemariner

The dreadfulness of our sponsors logo is amplified by how poor our kits are this year.

Our home kit is the most beautiful one we've had for years when you are in the stands and well away from the pitch and then becomes one of the ugliest close up.

Well Blackburn have let us off the hook on 10:20 - Jul 18 with 3752 viewsNazemariner

Well Blackburn have let us off the hook on 10:13 - Jul 18 by DanFord

Our home kit is the most beautiful one we've had for years when you are in the stands and well away from the pitch and then becomes one of the ugliest close up.

A bit like Clacton from the air then?
Well Blackburn have let us off the hook on 10:21 - Jul 18 with 3744 viewsBluefish

@DHOTYA

Well Blackburn have let us off the hook on 10:24 - Jul 18 with 3720 viewsDarth_Koont

Not sure if shirts are designed with the sponsor in mind but this looks an example where they should have. As you say, a really nice subtle design that's then completely overpowered by the logo.

Pronouns: He/Him

Well Blackburn have let us off the hook on 10:54 - Jul 18 with 3579 viewsTractorJack

That's actually a nice kit though.
Well Blackburn have let us off the hook on 10:57 - Jul 18 with 3558 viewsJ2BLUE

Nothing wrong with that one or ours.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Well Blackburn have let us off the hook on 11:14 - Jul 18 with 3487 viewsSitfcB

This is quite bad from Cambridge...

There’s literally a gap in the stripes for where the sponsor logo can go but they’ve placed it a little higher for some reason, looks odd.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Well Blackburn have let us off the hook on 11:41 - Jul 18 with 3333 viewsBluebell

Am I unusual in saying that if the players are putting in 100% every game and winning I don't really care what they are wearing as long as it is not green and yellow?

The only time I ever wear a replica shirt is against Norwich and I have an old one that doesn't even have Marcus Evans on it. I will continue to wear that for the derby games.
Well Blackburn have let us off the hook on 11:57 - Jul 18 with 3223 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Well Blackburn have let us off the hook on 12:06 - Jul 18 with 3189 viewstractorshark

Well Blackburn have let us off the hook on 10:10 - Jul 18 by Nazemariner

Absolutely this.
I’m not offended by the fact we’re sponsored by a betting company but their logo is shocking.
However, the kits this season are truly dire.
The home shirt is an absolute mess. They’ve just taken all our classic kits of the past, jumbled them up in the wash and hoped for the best. Someone tell them less is more.
As for the away number, I like us wearing orange but as a seller, surely only kids will purchase this?
One of our slightly older fans was wearing it last night. He looked like a psychedelic satsuma.
Well Blackburn have let us off the hook on 12:20 - Jul 18 with 3121 viewsTractorWood

Just a kit isn't it?

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Well Blackburn have let us off the hook on 13:32 - Jul 18 with 2970 viewsDanFord

Well Blackburn have let us off the hook on 11:41 - Jul 18 by Bluebell

Am I unusual in saying that if the players are putting in 100% every game and winning I don't really care what they are wearing as long as it is not green and yellow?

The only time I ever wear a replica shirt is against Norwich and I have an old one that doesn't even have Marcus Evans on it. I will continue to wear that for the derby games.

I'm interested in the sense that a good looking kit will always sell more than a poor one and so a bad design hits us in the pocket. However, when you consider we probably don't sell more than 3,000 replica kits a year if that, at £40 average, that's £120,000 and we clearly only get a small amount of that as Adidas will get their bit too. When wages are £18m and losses, after gates and so on are still £6m, I doubt the loss of £10,000 from a better looking kit really matters!

Well Blackburn have let us off the hook on 13:36 - Jul 18 with 2952 viewsBluefish

Well Blackburn have let us off the hook on 13:32 - Jul 18 by DanFord

I'm interested in the sense that a good looking kit will always sell more than a poor one and so a bad design hits us in the pocket. However, when you consider we probably don't sell more than 3,000 replica kits a year if that, at £40 average, that's £120,000 and we clearly only get a small amount of that as Adidas will get their bit too. When wages are £18m and losses, after gates and so on are still £6m, I doubt the loss of £10,000 from a better looking kit really matters!

So that post basically considered of a fuss being justified because of money and ended with it is not enough money to make a fuss.

Impressive stuff

Well Blackburn have let us off the hook on 13:43 - Jul 18 with 2914 viewsimsureazzure

Well Blackburn have let us off the hook on 10:11 - Jul 18 by JohnWarksTash

If he is in the Junior sizes he won't get the Vegas logo......

There should only be junior sizes for replica kits.
Well Blackburn have let us off the hook on 13:44 - Jul 18 with 2906 viewsDanFord

Well Blackburn have let us off the hook on 13:36 - Jul 18 by Bluefish

So that post basically considered of a fuss being justified because of money and ended with it is not enough money to make a fuss.

Impressive stuff

What's actually wrong with you? I said that I (me, personally) am interested in how good the kit looks because a nice one makes more money, before explaining that money is negligible. You realise the two can live side by side right. There is no tangible line of how relevant stuff is to the clubs finances and how interested you can be in it. Quite where have I justified a fuss? You've reverted to just making stuff up now. What an odd person you really are.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 13:46]

Well Blackburn have let us off the hook on 13:47 - Jul 18 with 2889 viewsBluefish

Well Blackburn have let us off the hook on 13:44 - Jul 18 by DanFord

What's actually wrong with you? I said that I (me, personally) am interested in how good the kit looks because a nice one makes more money, before explaining that money is negligible. You realise the two can live side by side right. There is no tangible line of how relevant stuff is to the clubs finances and how interested you can be in it. Quite where have I justified a fuss? You've reverted to just making stuff up now. What an odd person you really are.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 13:46]

Well Blackburn have let us off the hook on 14:00 - Jul 18 with 2846 viewsEireannach_gorm

Well Blackburn have let us off the hook on 11:14 - Jul 18 by SitfcB

This is quite bad from Cambridge...

There’s literally a gap in the stripes for where the sponsor logo can go but they’ve placed it a little higher for some reason, looks odd.

Typesetting error?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024