Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sterling the easy target 15:25 - Jul 12 with 4796 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

but for me Lingard and his lack of composure cost us multiple times in this tournament . People will point to Kane's chance (he should have squared it to Sterling BTW) but Lingard side foot effort was the goal was gaping was as big. He failed to kill of Columbia, missed chances in other games and just seemed lack of composure when it mattered. People saying he shinned last night. Well he covered a lot of ground and got in great positions but didn't deliver the end product. Did score a hell of a goal against Panama I know.
Sterling the easy target on 15:27 - Jul 12 with 3128 viewscrazyblue68

I think Walker lets us down, he always seems to be the weak link in our defence. Has the speed, yes, but his defending can be woeful at times.
Sterling the easy target on 15:28 - Jul 12 with 3128 viewsOsborneOneNil

A rough diamond. He was still better than Alli though eh.
(No subject) (n/t) on 15:30 - Jul 12 with 3112 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Sterling the easy target on 15:33 - Jul 12 with 3103 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Sterling the easy target on 15:28 - Jul 12 by OsborneOneNil

A rough diamond. He was still better than Alli though eh.

Alli was ok when he got on the ball. Don't think he was fit really.
Sterling the easy target on 15:35 - Jul 12 with 3093 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Sterling the easy target on 15:27 - Jul 12 by crazyblue68

I think Walker lets us down, he always seems to be the weak link in our defence. Has the speed, yes, but his defending can be woeful at times.

None of let let us down. they made football interesting again and play their guts out really. We are not a top team though, not yet anyway. Walker last night, was beat for the first goal after he had the wind taken out of him, if I remember correctly?
Sterling the easy target on 15:37 - Jul 12 with 3083 viewsTIB

Hell of a tournament and what a change from the England of old...until last night.

For me, Alli's fitness has to be questioned. He's not been great all season and he looked off the boil all tournament and I'd even question Young's fitness last night also. Both him and Alli were torn apart down the left flank and were to blame for the equaliser, Alli made such little effort to close the crosser down. The game should have been put to bed in the first half...it wasn't and we should have come out second half and looked to hold the ball, instead we hoofed it straight back to Croatia every time. I don't think Sterling should have gone off, he was the biggest threat last night, holding the ball, stretching the two centre backs and once he went we looked useless.

A lot of positives to take from the tournament and I'm glad to see us back up there on the world stage...lets hope we're even better next tournament.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

(No subject) (n/t) on 15:47 - Jul 12 with 3057 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Sterling the easy target on 15:50 - Jul 12 with 3048 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

No one let us down, no one did anything worthy of criticsm, we went as far as we were able.

The lads did us proud.

I've been amazed how quick some people have been to be critical and look for negatives.

Well done to EVERY single member of the squad, they did better than anyone expected and deserve a heroes welcome.

Login to get fewer ads

Sterling the easy target on 16:12 - Jul 12 with 3010 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Sterling the easy target on 15:50 - Jul 12 by Marshalls_Mullet

No one let us down, no one did anything worthy of criticsm, we went as far as we were able.

The lads did us proud.

I've been amazed how quick some people have been to be critical and look for negatives.

Well done to EVERY single member of the squad, they did better than anyone expected and deserve a heroes welcome.

Chill fella. We can be proud of them, delighted we are relevant but also pick apart games and comment on our observations, win lose or draw. I am allowed to do that right?

Everyone is feeling positive about the direction of our national team for the first time in ages and that is very good news but it doesn't mean we can't talk about individuals or tactics on a football discussion board?
Sterling the easy target on 16:12 - Jul 12 with 3008 viewsJakeITFC

Kane was offside for that double chance.
Sterling the easy target on 16:16 - Jul 12 with 2991 viewsVaughan8

Sterling the easy target on 15:50 - Jul 12 by Marshalls_Mullet

The lads did us proud.

A heroes welcome? Come on! We will finish 3rd or 4th which is better than we all thought but a heroes welcome I don't think. If we had won it then yeah.
Sterling the easy target on 16:16 - Jul 12 with 2990 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Sterling the easy target on 16:12 - Jul 12 by JakeITFC

Not sure how
Sterling the easy target on 16:16 - Jul 12 with 2986 viewsVaughan8

Sterling the easy target on 16:12 - Jul 12 by JakeITFC

He was flagged offside but didn't the replays show he wasn't?

The lino flagged very late.
Sterling the easy target on 16:18 - Jul 12 with 2979 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Sterling the easy target on 16:16 - Jul 12 by Vaughan8

Yeah that was bizarre.
Sterling the easy target on 16:18 - Jul 12 with 2980 viewsJakeITFC

Sterling the easy target on 16:16 - Jul 12 by Vaughan8

I haven’t seen a replay tbf, just knew he got flagged (and looked off in real-time, but I wasn’t in a great angle for it).
Sterling the easy target on 16:20 - Jul 12 with 2964 viewsCurrie10

Harsh on LIndgard.

Alli however - passenger last night.

Both in the same team vs a side with a good CM?

As Mick would say, bonkers.
Sterling the easy target on 16:23 - Jul 12 with 2938 viewsTractorFactor

Sterling the easy target on 16:18 - Jul 12 by JakeITFC

I haven’t seen a replay tbf, just knew he got flagged (and looked off in real-time, but I wasn’t in a great angle for it).

But if it had gone in, could VAR have overruled the lino's flag? I think so, but could be wrong! As it didn't go in it didn't matter.

For me Alli was the biggest let down of the tournament. He had the potential to be the creative hub of the team, but didn't really get into any game. I appreciate the off the ball stuff, but we do need a dribbler and a passer in midfield to create more, or at least try to.

Fair play though, can't knock the effort of the lads.
Sterling the easy target on 16:26 - Jul 12 with 2931 viewsgordon

Sterling the easy target on 16:18 - Jul 12 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Yeah that was bizarre.

The lino flagged after the chance was over - if Kane had scored it would have been checked by VAR and the goal given.
Sterling the easy target on 16:27 - Jul 12 with 2922 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Sterling the easy target on 16:26 - Jul 12 by gordon

The lino flagged after the chance was over - if Kane had scored it would have been checked by VAR and the goal given.

I know just bizarre as not sure what he was seeing. Same Lino missed some other stuff as well. Wasn't impressed by the official no major decision screwed us over or anything
Sterling the easy target on 16:31 - Jul 12 with 2920 viewsgordon

Sterling the easy target on 16:20 - Jul 12 by Currie10

Harsh on LIndgard.

Alli however - passenger last night.

Both in the same team vs a side with a good CM?

As Mick would say, bonkers.

Yeah - Lingard and Alli in the same team with just 1 traditional midfielder was too much. When Croatia were pressing us in possession in our own half in the second half, Lingard Alli and Sterling didn't help us retain possession nearly enough. A fit Jack Wilshere would have been perfect to play alongside Henderson and improve our ball retention and play through the press.
Sterling the easy target on 16:40 - Jul 12 with 2894 viewspoppiesman

Surprised no one has mentioned Rashford.
He did nothing at all when he came on. He was so bad it made us look like we missed Sterling!
on 16:41 - Jul 12 with 2890 views_

Sterling the easy target on 15:27 - Jul 12 by crazyblue68

Sterling the easy target on 16:42 - Jul 12 with 2888 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Sterling the easy target on 16:40 - Jul 12 by poppiesman

Surprised no one has mentioned Rashford.
He did nothing at all when he came on. He was so bad it made us look like we missed Sterling!

We did miss Sterling who was excellent last two games. Calls for Rashford to start very unfounded.
Sterling the easy target on 16:51 - Jul 12 with 2873 viewsimsureazzure

Agreed, his finishing was poor all tournament and our worst player last night.

If covering ground makes a player then football is fuked.
Sterling the easy target on 16:53 - Jul 12 with 2868 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Sterling the easy target on 16:51 - Jul 12 by imsureazzure

Agreed, his finishing was poor all tournament and our worst player last night.

If covering ground makes a player then football is fuked.

Throughout the tournament, started against Tunisia and continued. Should have buried Columbia and put was 2-0 up last night,

Hell of a goal vs Panama though
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024