Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Right then, teams for next season... 12:08 - Jul 5 with 2071 viewsclive_baker

I love hearing everyone’s opinions on who they rate, who they don’t etc. How do you want to see us lining up given the players we have, and perhaps one or 2 realistic additions? I love the back 3 system that England are playing and Tottenham nailed so beautifully, I also think we have the players to consider it, so that’s what I would go for with a lot of emphasis on yoof:

GK: Bartosz
CB: TBC
CB: Chambers
CB: Knudsen
LWB: Nydam
RWB: Ward
CM: Dozzell
CM: Huws
CM: Chalobah
ST: Waghorn
ST: Garner

Spence, Emmanuel, Cotter, Kenlock, Woolfenden, Smith as back up defensive options.

Bishop, Adeyemi and Downes I would love to see kick on this season and really challenge for a starting role.

Sears, Morris, Folami, Drinan providing the competition up top.

Chalobah is a rogue inclusion given his age and inexperience. I’ve got him in that Skuse role, protecting the back 3, where I think he could really excel. I think PH might view him in that Ben Godfrey role he had at Shrewsbury. Clearly Skuse is an option there and remains a reliable one, I’ve just gone a bit balls deep for the purpose of this exercise.

The wide men are crucial in this system, see Rose / Walker at Spurs or more recently Rose / Trippier. Absolutely essential that they’re technically gifted footballers who can defend but also create. So much of the play goes through them, that’s why I’ve gone for Nydam / Ward as I think they’re streets ahead of the likes of Kenlock or Spence. JK I prefer in a back 3.

We certainly need a CB to replace Webster and a proven forward.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Right then, teams for next season... on 12:13 - Jul 5 with 2056 viewsNazemariner

No offence Clive, but did you not witness any of our performances when we played 3 at the back?

You need at least 2 footballing CB's to make it work, and we've just sold the only one we had.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2018 12:14]
Right then, teams for next season... on 12:15 - Jul 5 with 2049 viewsKieran_Knows

Going off how Hurst has played at his previous clubs, i'll go with ....

GK - Bart
RB - TBC
CB - TBC
CB - Chambers
LB - TBC
RM - Roberts
CM - Huws
CDM - Skuse
CM - Dozzell
LM - TBC
ST - Waghorn

Back 4 still up in the air for me, although Chalobah may slot in next to Chambers. Personally, I think Knudsen will be off, so we'll see a new LB, and still not sure on RB either, hopefully Emmanuel can really stake a claim for that position.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2018 12:22]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Right then, teams for next season... on 12:15 - Jul 5 with 2045 viewsSuperblue95

I'm not sure why, but I hate the 352/532 formation. I get your point about it working for England/Spurs and I'm probably being irrational but it has to be a simple back 4 for me

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Right then, teams for next season... on 12:21 - Jul 5 with 2008 viewsclive_baker

Right then, teams for next season... on 12:13 - Jul 5 by Nazemariner

No offence Clive, but did you not witness any of our performances when we played 3 at the back?

You need at least 2 footballing CB's to make it work, and we've just sold the only one we had.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2018 12:14]

None taken. I don’t believe that was down to the system personally. It’s vital we have the right personel though. There’s literally no point playing that system with full backs that can’t control a bag of cement and have 1 instinct, to go long.

I also don’t think we had a manager committed to it. Mick likes what he likes, 2 banks of 4, big man / little man. Ideally some pace out wide. Well organised, don’t concede and we can’t lose, create from set pieces. Happy days. The old dog struggled to learn new tricks IMO.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Right then, teams for next season... on 12:25 - Jul 5 with 1993 viewsNazemariner

I'd expect some more additions, but picking from those we already have, i'd go...

4-3-3

Bart
Spence
Chambers
Chalobah
Knudsen
Skuse
Huws
Bishop
Ward
Garner
Waghorn
Right then, teams for next season... on 12:27 - Jul 5 with 1984 viewsjudespiveyg

I'm personally a big fan of the 532/352 formation, so for me:
Gk:Bialkowski
Rwb:Emmanuel
Cb: Chalobah
Cb: Chambers
Cb: Knudsen
Lwb: Kenlock
Cm: Huws
Cm:Downes
Cm: Dozzell
St: Waghorn
St: Garner

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Right then, teams for next season... on 12:27 - Jul 5 with 1990 viewsitfcjoe

Assuming we play the formation Hurst had success with at Shrews it tends to need...

Solid full backs, who don't offer much going forwards
Wingers who are wild cards but work hard
A complete forward
A destroyer in DM with a big physical presence

-----------------------Bart-------------------
Spence----New CB---Chambers---Knudsen
--------------------Chalobah---------------
Roberts---Skuse-------Huws--------Ward
---------------------Waghorn---------------

Up to Ward to prove he can get us goals and do stuff from out wide - take shackles off which Mick had put on

Spence doesn't convince me yet, but think he may be better when trying to play a bit more from the back and with him Emmanuel and Cotter can't see us adding another one there.

Important to work out that best combo in CM soon though - as that is where we have some quality and needs to be harnessed correctly

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Right then, teams for next season... on 13:03 - Jul 5 with 1882 viewsmaccyd9

I'm surprised Adeyemi doesn't get much of a look in in most of those predicted teams.

He was for me the stand out signing last summer but injuries just ruined him. I'm looking forward to seeing him fit next season as much as anyone else.

It's quite mad to think that in Dozzell, Adeyemi, Huwys, Bishop we have essentially 4 new signings.
Login to get fewer ads

Right then, teams for next season... on 13:19 - Jul 5 with 1847 viewsflimflam

-------------------BART

COTTER---WOLF---CHAMBERS---JONAS

----------------DOWNES

ROBERTS---HUWS---DOZZELL---NYDAM

---------------WAGHORN
[Post edited 5 Jul 2018 13:28]

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Right then, teams for next season... on 13:33 - Jul 5 with 1777 viewsTractorJack

Right then, teams for next season... on 12:15 - Jul 5 by Kieran_Knows

GK - Bart
RB - TBC
CB - TBC
CB - Chambers
LB - TBC
RM - Roberts
CM - Huws
CDM - Skuse
CM - Dozzell
LM - TBC
ST - Waghorn

Back 4 still up in the air for me, although Chalobah may slot in next to Chambers. Personally, I think Knudsen will be off, so we'll see a new LB, and still not sure on RB either, hopefully Emmanuel can really stake a claim for that position.

Really like the idea of Skuse, Huws and Dozz in the middle.

Skuse doing his usual mopping up, Dozzell to dictate the passing and Huws with his late runs in to the box.
Right then, teams for next season... (n/t) on 13:43 - Jul 5 with 1732 viewsWarkystache

Right then, teams for next season... on 12:15 - Jul 5 by Kieran_Knows

GK - Bart
RB - TBC
CB - TBC
CB - Chambers
LB - TBC
RM - Roberts
CM - Huws
CDM - Skuse
CM - Dozzell
LM - TBC
ST - Waghorn

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Right then, teams for next season... (n/t) on 13:45 - Jul 5 with 1719 viewsWarkystache

Right then, teams for next season... (n/t) on 13:43 - Jul 5 by Warkystache

Sorry - dunno what happened there.

Isn't Chalobah a winger?

I think we'll sell Garner, so would expect another striker in, possibly on loan.

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Right then, teams for next season... (n/t) on 13:49 - Jul 5 with 1706 viewsKieran_Knows

Right then, teams for next season... (n/t) on 13:45 - Jul 5 by Warkystache

Sorry - dunno what happened there.

Isn't Chalobah a winger?

I think we'll sell Garner, so would expect another striker in, possibly on loan.

Think Chalobah is considered a centre back/mid who can also play right back. I agree about Garner as well, I think we'll sell him, meaning we'll need 2 more (what with McGoldrick going as well).

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Right then, teams for next season... on 14:27 - Jul 5 with 1637 viewsBlueBadger

Right then, teams for next season... on 13:03 - Jul 5 by maccyd9

I'm surprised Adeyemi doesn't get much of a look in in most of those predicted teams.

He was for me the stand out signing last summer but injuries just ruined him. I'm looking forward to seeing him fit next season as much as anyone else.

It's quite mad to think that in Dozzell, Adeyemi, Huwys, Bishop we have essentially 4 new signings.

I suspect that in Adeyemi's case, it's because we've seen even less of him in an ITFC shirt than Dozzell and he's not 'one of our own' he tends to get forgotten as a result.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Right then, teams for next season... on 12:00 - Jul 6 with 1436 viewsWestcountryblue

GK : Bart
CB : Chalobah
CB : Chambers
CB L Knudsen
LWB : Nydam
RWB : Ward
CM : Dozzell
CM : Bishop
CM : Downes
ST : Waghorn
ST : Sears

I think a back three of Knudsen, Chambers and Chalobah would have a good mix of pace and aggression. It's a tough call between Huws and Bishop, i think Teddy really has to step up his game though with Adeyemi, Huws etc...so we need to see the 2014/2015 Bishop.
Downes is absolutely class, i wouldn't be against starting him right from the get go this season and make Skuse work for his place.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024