Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A slightly unpopular view I fear 14:30 - Jun 29 with 5002 viewsDanFord

But I would take £8m for Waghorn if it was to all be reinvested. Hurst is going to play a 4141 and Waghorn doesn't fit as a winger in that mould and I don't think his best position is actually as a lone striker getting on the end of crosses either. People here banding £10m to £15m are right in the sense that this is what other players with a similar goals and assists ratio are going for, but I think the fact we got him for less than £500k last year may come into the offers we are likely to receive. Waggy is my FAVOURITE player by the way so I say this lightly. But I do think he's a great player who had a 'Murphy' season. I could see him scoring 10 this year and another 5 assists but I don't think he's going to replicate last year over the next few years, which is what those £10m to £15m players are expected to do. With this money for a player that we may not get the best out of in Hurst's system I trust Hurst to make signings that could seriously make us into a promotion contender on the big proviso he got all the money to spend. After all we got Waghorn for a 1/16th of what I would take for him (1/32nd if you believe other reports on that fee). I just don't see why we would turn it down when we have the perfect manager to not only replace him for a slice of that fee but to invest the rest to make us stronger. If we got say £16m for Bart, Webster and Waghorn and Hurst could spend that I have no doubt we'd end up much stronger. That's why I could live with them going. The thought of 5 or 6 £3m players would be very exciting. Que Sera Sera. I'm happy for Waggy to stay but certainly won't be upset if he leaves unless it's for less than £8m.

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

A slightly unpopular view I fear on 14:31 - Jun 29 with 3922 viewschicoazul

"reinvested"

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

A slightly unpopular view I fear on 14:32 - Jun 29 with 3909 viewsportmanking

A) Stop writing in such long paragraphs
B) How on earth do you know Hurst is set on a 4-1-4-1?
C) Some of Waghorn's best games last season were as a lone central striker...
A slightly unpopular view I fear on 14:35 - Jun 29 with 3866 viewsDanFord

A slightly unpopular view I fear on 14:31 - Jun 29 by chicoazul

"reinvested"

Give it a rest. Evans has said the Webster money will be reinvested. He is going to do the same if we get big money for Bart or Waghorn. He isn't going to leave Hurst with a weaker squad than he inherited. He would already have decided what he's putting in this year and Hurst will get to spend what he raises. In any event my post clearly stated if it is reinvested.

A slightly unpopular view I fear on 14:36 - Jun 29 with 3857 viewsIP33

A slightly unpopular view I fear on 14:32 - Jun 29 by portmanking

Derby Away comes to mind, he was fantastic
A slightly unpopular view I fear on 14:36 - Jun 29 with 3856 viewsDanFord

A slightly unpopular view I fear on 14:32 - Jun 29 by portmanking

a) I'll do what I want thanks. b) I'll stick this here. c) This can go here as well.

A slightly unpopular view I fear on 14:37 - Jun 29 with 3839 viewsportmanking

A slightly unpopular view I fear on 14:36 - Jun 29 by DanFord

a) I'll do what I want thanks. b) I'll stick this here. c) This can go here as well.

Goodness, you're weird.
A slightly unpopular view I fear on 14:41 - Jun 29 with 3815 viewsDeano69

A slightly unpopular view I fear on 14:35 - Jun 29 by DanFord

Give it a rest. Evans has said the Webster money will be reinvested. He is going to do the same if we get big money for Bart or Waghorn. He isn't going to leave Hurst with a weaker squad than he inherited. He would already have decided what he's putting in this year and Hurst will get to spend what he raises. In any event my post clearly stated if it is reinvested.

Hmmmm. The method of 'reinvestment' thus far in the club is a bit like this.

You are a houseowner, but skint. You sell of some of your garden for a house plot. Do you (a.) invest the money in your own house on a new bathroom, kitchen, additional bedroom and improve its value, or (b.) put the money in the bank and reduce your borrowing, and spend what is left on food, heating, lighting and ordinary household necessities?

The answer so far has been (b.)

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

A slightly unpopular view I fear on 14:44 - Jun 29 with 3789 viewsWestover

So tell me this who do we buy with the money that is as good as waggy? .
Login to get fewer ads

A slightly unpopular view I fear on 14:44 - Jun 29 with 3792 viewsDanFord

A slightly unpopular view I fear on 14:41 - Jun 29 by Deano69

Hmmmm. The method of 'reinvestment' thus far in the club is a bit like this.

You are a houseowner, but skint. You sell of some of your garden for a house plot. Do you (a.) invest the money in your own house on a new bathroom, kitchen, additional bedroom and improve its value, or (b.) put the money in the bank and reduce your borrowing, and spend what is left on food, heating, lighting and ordinary household necessities?

The answer so far has been (b.)

It doesn't matter what it has been when the owner is saying that it is going to be different. If Evans says that and doesn't do it then it's another matter. Evans is currently saying fees raised will be reinvested. Given the last 3 months and everything Evans has said has been correct and that he seems to have finally got it, then I'm trusting him until proven otherwise.

A slightly unpopular view I fear on 14:44 - Jun 29 with 3789 viewschicoazul

"Hurst will get to spend what he raises"

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

A slightly unpopular view I fear on 14:48 - Jun 29 with 3768 viewsDanFord

A slightly unpopular view I fear on 14:44 - Jun 29 by Westover

So tell me this who do we buy with the money that is as good as waggy? .

Well this is a completely pointless exercise. Because if we sold an £10m striker last season and I suggested we get Waghorn from Rangers for £500k, I'd have been laughed off the board. That's the issue isn't it. Unless we replace him with a proven £10m striker like Hogan, which we won't do, I can only name a load of players I think could replace Waghorn, but you'd all laugh at. If I'd have suggested paying £1m for Vardy for example people would have laughed. It's the problem with this whole 'who would replace him'. You have to swap proven quality for unproven quality.

A slightly unpopular view I fear on 15:04 - Jun 29 with 3666 viewsDeano69

A slightly unpopular view I fear on 14:44 - Jun 29 by DanFord

It doesn't matter what it has been when the owner is saying that it is going to be different. If Evans says that and doesn't do it then it's another matter. Evans is currently saying fees raised will be reinvested. Given the last 3 months and everything Evans has said has been correct and that he seems to have finally got it, then I'm trusting him until proven otherwise.

It will be an interesting summer.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

A slightly unpopular view I fear on 15:09 - Jun 29 with 3639 viewsSteve_M

A slightly unpopular view I fear on 14:44 - Jun 29 by DanFord

"It doesn't matter what it has been when the owner is saying that it is going to be different."

The most hopelessly panglossian remark ever on TWTD. How naive do you wish to be, have you not paid attention to how Evans has worked over the last decade?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

A slightly unpopular view I fear on 15:27 - Jun 29 with 3558 viewsDanFord

A slightly unpopular view I fear on 15:09 - Jun 29 by Steve_M

"It doesn't matter what it has been when the owner is saying that it is going to be different."

The most hopelessly panglossian remark ever on TWTD. How naive do you wish to be, have you not paid attention to how Evans has worked over the last decade?

He's worked the same way for the last 7 years, made no comment on it, didn't seem to get it. Then he came out with a statement saying we'd try something different, showed he gets it, appointed an outstanding young manager. He's clearly changed his strategy to a degree and is now saying we'll get to use the money raised. I believe him.

A slightly unpopular view I fear on 15:27 - Jun 29 with 3557 viewsDarth_Koont

All our money in is 'reinvested". But if you mean 8 million in transfer fees coming in would be balanced by 8 million going out, I don't think that will happen. Or if so it would be spread around to cover three or four hopefully younger players and their wages.

Pronouns: He/Him

A slightly unpopular view I fear on 15:33 - Jun 29 with 3523 viewsCaptainObvious

His definition of re-invested will be a couple of 500k players and some freebies and their wages.

Which is what we bought last summer without selling anyone.

i.p. verification result : "not blueas"
Poll: Garner or Pitman?

A slightly unpopular view I fear on 15:45 - Jun 29 with 3473 viewsSWGF

A slightly unpopular view I fear on 15:27 - Jun 29 by DanFord

He's worked the same way for the last 7 years, made no comment on it, didn't seem to get it. Then he came out with a statement saying we'd try something different, showed he gets it, appointed an outstanding young manager. He's clearly changed his strategy to a degree and is now saying we'll get to use the money raised. I believe him.

You're not in the market for some magic beans, are you?

I've got a truck-load.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

A slightly unpopular view I fear on 15:47 - Jun 29 with 3452 viewsBlue_Order

£8M 😂

No chance it’ll be more than what we just got for Webster.
A slightly unpopular view I fear on 15:53 - Jun 29 with 3428 viewschicoazul

A slightly unpopular view I fear on 15:09 - Jun 29 by Steve_M

didn't Evans literally say in his interview that things will NOT be any different?

A slightly unpopular view I fear on 15:58 - Jun 29 with 3395 viewsBenters2

A slightly unpopular view I fear on 14:31 - Jun 29 by chicoazul

"reinvested"

Hmmm so let’s see Evans loved Mick Mac but wouldn’t spunk the dosh yet here we are now and Evans is going to spunk the dosh?
A slightly unpopular view I fear on 16:06 - Jun 29 with 3368 viewsjas0999

... but it won’t be fully reinvested. We know that from Mings, Wickham, Cresswell, Murphy and other youngsters moving on. Not reinvested in the playing squad anyway.
A slightly unpopular view I fear on 16:11 - Jun 29 with 3345 viewsPhilTWTD

A slightly unpopular view I fear on 16:06 - Jun 29 by jas0999

... but it won’t be fully reinvested. We know that from Mings, Wickham, Cresswell, Murphy and other youngsters moving on. Not reinvested in the playing squad anyway.

Where else has it gone if not on the playing squad?
A slightly unpopular view I fear on 16:17 - Jun 29 with 3312 viewsITFC_Forever

A slightly unpopular view I fear on 16:11 - Jun 29 by PhilTWTD

Hobnobs and Audis.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

A slightly unpopular view I fear on 16:21 - Jun 29 with 3299 viewstractorboy1978

A slightly unpopular view I fear on 16:11 - Jun 29 by PhilTWTD

Clearly been reinvested but it’s just reduced what Evans has needed to put in. We operate on the same budget regardless of what fees we generate so it’d be a little disingenuous to make out the money in has made any tangible difference in terms of calibre of player we’ve signed.
A slightly unpopular view I fear on 16:33 - Jun 29 with 3246 viewsNo9

New Team Management at ITFC, why is anyone surprised he / they, want to build a team that reflects their way of playing the game? Maybe like some of us in the stands, they don't see what MM saw in some players OR, maybe they think it a good option to sell those not fitting into their plans & bringing in talent to play the game their way?

By the end of the year they maybe hero's or zero's but at least it will be with thier team not someone elses -
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024