Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Evans has unintentionally pulled off a masterstroke. 11:30 - May 29 with 2529 viewsLord_Lucan

He has ended up with a manager that is exciting enough for us roller coaster enthusiasts but conservative enough for the merry go round people.

Maybe he is God after all.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Evans has unintentionally pulled off a masterstroke. on 11:33 - May 29 with 2471 viewsNo9

??

I don't care who he is, he can't walk on the water where I'm fishing
Evans has unintentionally pulled off a masterstroke. on 11:36 - May 29 with 2426 viewswkj

Or intentional... what if this is all part of his grand plan *rubs hands together and cackles*

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Evans has unintentionally pulled off a masterstroke. on 11:36 - May 29 with 2421 viewsGuthrum

But then that's probably exactly what we needed.

A safe enough pair of hands to avoid major risk of relegation (given the constraints of the ITFC situation). But a bit more spice and mystery than we've had for the last couple of seasons. Freshening up without throwing everything to the winds.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Evans has unintentionally pulled off a masterstroke. on 15:30 - May 29 with 2107 viewsLord_Lucan

Evans has unintentionally pulled off a masterstroke. on 11:36 - May 29 by Guthrum

But then that's probably exactly what we needed.

A safe enough pair of hands to avoid major risk of relegation (given the constraints of the ITFC situation). But a bit more spice and mystery than we've had for the last couple of seasons. Freshening up without throwing everything to the winds.

I warming to him and will give him my full support as always.

It will be interesting to see if there are any stalwarts that he simply doesn't rate.

He needs to look at us as a blank canvas and I'm sure he will, one mans meat is another mans poison sort of thing.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Evans has unintentionally pulled off a masterstroke. on 16:00 - May 29 with 1921 viewsitfcjoe

It's also been conducted in a way that a fair proportion are convinced that Hurst was Evans' number 1 choice from start to finish of process and we've got our man.

That's also a positive look, whether true or not

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Evans has unintentionally pulled off a masterstroke. on 16:14 - May 29 with 1821 viewsSuperfrans

Evans has unintentionally pulled off a masterstroke. on 16:00 - May 29 by itfcjoe

It's also been conducted in a way that a fair proportion are convinced that Hurst was Evans' number 1 choice from start to finish of process and we've got our man.

That's also a positive look, whether true or not

It seems hard to dispute that he decided that Hurst was "the" man (or at least someone he definitely wanted to target, interview, discuss the opportunity with) from a very early stage, set his sights on him, built his timetable around him and wouldn't be wavered until he could at least be fully considered.

It is particularly impressive that he has stuck to his guns, even when lots of us (including me) were getting very stressed about the process and how long it was taking. Whether we agree that he's the right appointment or not, that single-mindedness is to be admired. I certainly have more admiration for Evans now we have been through this process.

This is all assuming we now get Hurst, of course - and I'll only believe it completely when it is formally announced...

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Evans has unintentionally pulled off a masterstroke. on 16:24 - May 29 with 1743 viewsWonky

He's not God but he would do hospitality tours of Heaven and Hell.
Evans has unintentionally pulled off a masterstroke. on 16:29 - May 29 with 1699 viewsitfcjoe

Evans has unintentionally pulled off a masterstroke. on 16:14 - May 29 by Superfrans

It seems hard to dispute that he decided that Hurst was "the" man (or at least someone he definitely wanted to target, interview, discuss the opportunity with) from a very early stage, set his sights on him, built his timetable around him and wouldn't be wavered until he could at least be fully considered.

It is particularly impressive that he has stuck to his guns, even when lots of us (including me) were getting very stressed about the process and how long it was taking. Whether we agree that he's the right appointment or not, that single-mindedness is to be admired. I certainly have more admiration for Evans now we have been through this process.

This is all assuming we now get Hurst, of course - and I'll only believe it completely when it is formally announced...

Yep, keeping calm and unwavering is very good.

Just hope Hurst proves to be the man he expects him to be as we obviously weren't able to interview in as much depth as the other candidates.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Evans has unintentionally pulled off a masterstroke. on 16:33 - May 29 with 1652 viewsVic

Evans has unintentionally pulled off a masterstroke. on 15:30 - May 29 by Lord_Lucan

It will be interesting to see if there are any stalwarts that he simply doesn't rate.

He needs to look at us as a blank canvas and I'm sure he will, one mans meat is another mans poison sort of thing.

I'm concerned for the future of the likes of Blueas, Facters and J2 to be honest. Stalwarts the lot of them, but new broom and all that. It's clear now that he started the process when first contacted - Glasgow and then young Rommers come to mind. Different ends of the age spectrum shows her can be quite ruthless.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Evans has unintentionally pulled off a masterstroke. on 16:54 - May 29 with 1560 viewsOsborneOneNil

Evans has unintentionally pulled off a masterstroke. on 15:30 - May 29 by Lord_Lucan

I hope, and expect, a few of the un-droppables to be dropped.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024