Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
‘Hurst was the leading contender from the start’ 17:26 - May 24 with 13551 viewsVeryStableGenius

Looks to me like someone from the club has given the EADT an unofficial progress update.

http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/town-hope-to-land-paul-hurst-but-do-have-back-up-opt
[Post edited 24 May 2018 17:26]
‘Hurst was the leading contender from the start’ on 17:28 - May 24 with 6792 viewsWorcester

he'll probably get a better player budget if he stays where he is...
‘Hurst was the leading contender from the start’ on 17:32 - May 24 with 6734 viewsJ2BLUE

Really? Looks to me as if the Star have pieced together lots that we already know or are almost certain is true and made an article out of it.

They've really hedged their bets here. Hurst is the top target but it might be someone else and don't completely rule out Jack Ross although it looks unlikely...

Hardly breaking news.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

‘Hurst was the leading contender from the start’ on 17:35 - May 24 with 6705 viewsWestSussexBlue

Surely this should all be kept under wraps, it’s like saying player X is our main target this summer.
It alerts everyone else and pushes his value up.
‘Hurst was the leading contender from the start’ on 17:35 - May 24 with 6704 viewsBrixtonBlue

POINT OF ORDER! It says *a* leading contender, not *the* leading contender. Which we already knew.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

‘Hurst was the leading contender from the start’ on 17:36 - May 24 with 6687 viewsBrixtonBlue

‘Hurst was the leading contender from the start’ on 17:35 - May 24 by WestSussexBlue

Surely this should all be kept under wraps, it’s like saying player X is our main target this summer.
It alerts everyone else and pushes his value up.

Except it doesn't say he's our main target.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

‘Hurst was the leading contender from the start’ on 17:37 - May 24 with 6676 viewsReuser_is_God

Darrell Clarke please

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

‘Hurst was the leading contender from the start’ on 17:37 - May 24 with 6675 viewsBrixtonBlue

‘Hurst was the leading contender from the start’ on 17:32 - May 24 by J2BLUE

Really? Looks to me as if the Star have pieced together lots that we already know or are almost certain is true and made an article out of it.

They've really hedged their bets here. Hurst is the top target but it might be someone else and don't completely rule out Jack Ross although it looks unlikely...

Hardly breaking news.

The main newsworthy bit there is Lampard not discussing terms or turning anything down.

‘Hurst was the leading contender from the start’ on 17:37 - May 24 with 6665 viewsVeryStableGenius

‘Hurst was the leading contender from the start’ on 17:32 - May 24 by J2BLUE

Hardly breaking news.

I disagree. This is more specific than any of the information we have received so far. ME is putting on record that Hurst has always been his first choice.
Login to get fewer ads

‘Hurst was the leading contender from the start’ on 17:38 - May 24 with 6654 viewsBrixtonBlue

‘Hurst was the leading contender from the start’ on 17:37 - May 24 by VeryStableGenius

I disagree. This is more specific than any of the information we have received so far. ME is putting on record that Hurst has always been his first choice.

NO HE ISN'T!

‘Hurst was the leading contender from the start’ on 17:38 - May 24 with 6655 viewsitfcmatty

I think its Chris Coleman He has been in Milsoms for lunch with Kieron Dyer. I think he has been having talks with the club all morning.
So we haven't interviewed him... but we did Ross.. and he impressed... on 17:39 - May 24 with 6651 viewsunstableblue

.. but he was poached by Sunderland before we could complete our process.. because we hadn't interviewed Hurst.

Head explodes

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

‘Hurst was the leading contender from the start’ on 17:41 - May 24 with 6613 viewsLord_Lucan

‘Hurst was the leading contender from the start’ on 17:37 - May 24 by VeryStableGenius

I haven't read the article but now he has fecked JR up he will always say Hurst was first choice just to save face.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

So we haven't interviewed him... but we did Ross.. and he impressed... on 17:41 - May 24 with 6607 viewsBrixtonBlue

So we haven't interviewed him... but we did Ross.. and he impressed... on 17:39 - May 24 by unstableblue

.. but he was poached by Sunderland before we could complete our process.. because we hadn't interviewed Hurst.

Head explodes

Living up to your username as usual!

‘Hurst was the leading contender from the start’ on 17:42 - May 24 with 6597 viewsPhilTWTD

‘Hurst was the leading contender from the start’ on 17:37 - May 24 by BrixtonBlue

The main newsworthy bit there is Lampard not discussing terms or turning anything down.

Confident that's wrong, decent sources on that, although I don't think anyone said FL turned anything down, just that he and ME weren't on the same page terms-wise. Broadly an accurate run through largely of what's been reported over what's nearly two months now. Seems longer.

This post has been edited by an administrator
‘Hurst was the leading contender from the start’ on 17:43 - May 24 with 6578 viewsJETPower

‘Hurst was the leading contender from the start’ on 17:28 - May 24 by Worcester

if we could stop talking the club down we'd have a better chance of appointing someone decent.
‘Hurst was the leading contender from the start’ on 17:44 - May 24 with 6558 viewsVeryStableGenius

‘Hurst was the leading contender from the start’ on 17:38 - May 24 by BrixtonBlue

NO HE ISN'T!

The piece is credited to Watson and Warren. Stating that ‘it’s understood’ is basically journalistic short-hand for ‘we can’t reveal our source but it has been provided by a credible third-party’.

‘It’s understood that Hurst — whose Shrewsbury side contest a League One Play-Off Final against Rotherham this Sunday — was very quickly identified as a leading contender for the job in the early stages of Marcus Evans’ search almost two months ago.’
So we haven't interviewed him... but we did Ross.. and he impressed... on 17:45 - May 24 with 6536 viewsunstableblue

So we haven't interviewed him... but we did Ross.. and he impressed... on 17:41 - May 24 by BrixtonBlue

Living up to your username as usual!

I've posted so many times today.. I may have completely lost the plot...

Must lie down in darkened chamber... I shall now not post until after the Rotherham v Shrewsbury game.

My work here is done.. wibble wibble

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

‘Hurst was the leading contender from the start’ on 17:47 - May 24 with 6504 viewsJ2BLUE

‘Hurst was the leading contender from the start’ on 17:44 - May 24 by VeryStableGenius

The piece is credited to Watson and Warren. Stating that ‘it’s understood’ is basically journalistic short-hand for ‘we can’t reveal our source but it has been provided by a credible third-party’.

‘It’s understood that Hurst — whose Shrewsbury side contest a League One Play-Off Final against Rotherham this Sunday — was very quickly identified as a leading contender for the job in the early stages of Marcus Evans’ search almost two months ago.’

Not according to the journalist posting above you...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

So we haven't interviewed him... but we did Ross.. and he impressed... on 17:47 - May 24 with 6496 viewsElderGrizzly

So we haven't interviewed him... but we did Ross.. and he impressed... on 17:39 - May 24 by unstableblue

Head explodes

That isn't true, but hey....
‘Hurst was the leading contender from the start’ on 17:48 - May 24 with 6490 viewsBrixtonBlue

‘Hurst was the leading contender from the start’ on 17:44 - May 24 by VeryStableGenius

Yeah I know how journalism works, I have a degree in it. But thanks for the lesson.

You seem to have missed my point (deliberately or otherwise). They say *a* leading contender not *the* leading contender.

There is nothing in that piece that says he was ever the leading contender (though he may well be now).

‘Hurst was the leading contender from the start’ on 17:52 - May 24 with 6442 viewsCheltenham_Blue

‘Hurst was the leading contender from the start’ on 17:47 - May 24 by J2BLUE

Not according to the journalist posting above you...

Out of interest Phil, do ITFC make you flash a press card for pressers?

Only ask because there were a raft of Camera thefts from press rooms this season and all clubs were supposed to be tightening up on access.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

‘Hurst was the leading contender from the start’ on 17:53 - May 24 with 6429 viewsWestover

‘Hurst was the leading contender from the start’ on 17:28 - May 24 by Worcester

He would need to as they don't have the quality of players that we have plus our up and coming youngsters.
‘Hurst was the leading contender from the start’ on 17:53 - May 24 with 6439 viewsPhilTWTD

‘Hurst was the leading contender from the start’ on 17:41 - May 24 by Lord_Lucan

I haven't read the article but now he has fecked JR up he will always say Hurst was first choice just to save face.

To be fair, I think it's clear that was the case. Ross impressed during the interview process but Hurst was always the candidate to beat, as such, which has been the understanding for some while. I don't think it was a coincidence that the timescale ME set out was closely linked to the play-off date.

‘Hurst was the leading contender from the start’ on 17:55 - May 24 with 6404 viewsitfcmatty

‘Hurst was the leading contender from the start’ on 17:53 - May 24 by PhilTWTD

To be fair, I think it's clear that was the case. Ross impressed during the interview process but Hurst was always the candidate to beat, as such, which has been the understanding for some while. I don't think it was a coincidence that the timescale ME set out was closely linked to the play-off date.

Chris Coleman
‘Hurst was the leading contender from the start’ on 17:57 - May 24 with 6372 viewsKieran_Knows

‘Hurst was the leading contender from the start’ on 17:55 - May 24 by itfcmatty

Chris Coleman

Not exactly ‘something different’ as Evans alluded to, is he?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024