Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mick's trip to France 11:00 - Feb 12 with 3935 viewsFinidiCentenary

A bit baffled as to why you've mentioned which top flight games were going on yesterday Phil.

What we need to know, is which 5th tier games were going on, and who might we have been looking at?

Poll: Which lower league manager would you appoint if all of the following applied?

Mick's trip to France on 11:01 - Feb 12 with 3901 viewsBluefish

I'd say we want to know if Mrs McCarthy was there and how many cases he had

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Mick's trip to France on 11:03 - Feb 12 with 3884 viewsFinidiCentenary

Mick's trip to France on 11:01 - Feb 12 by Bluefish

I'd say we want to know if Mrs McCarthy was there and how many cases he had

I think there's more chance that TC was with him.

Poll: Which lower league manager would you appoint if all of the following applied?

Mick's trip to France on 11:23 - Feb 12 with 3790 viewsNo9

Going to check up on his chateau near Lyon
Mick's trip to France on 11:25 - Feb 12 with 3786 viewsIpswichKnight

Off to discuss the 2 year extension with ME who is no doubt skiing in Val for 1/2 term.
Mick's trip to France on 11:45 - Feb 12 with 3734 viewsPhilTWTD

I knew someone would say something like that! I was talking to a youth scout of another club recently and they were saying everyone's looking at young players in France at the minute as aside from the big clubs the youth set-ups aren't up to much and there's talent to be snapped up along the lines of Chris Goteni.

Steve McGavin - academy recruitment manager until crossing the border at the end of last year - said something similar to me when he recruited Idris El Mizouni and Lounes Foudil last year.

However, I doubt Mick would make a trip to check out young players in lower leagues in France, if he was making a professional rather than social trip then it would have been to one of the higher divisions.
Mick's trip to France on 11:52 - Feb 12 with 3662 viewsKieran_Knows

Mick's trip to France on 11:45 - Feb 12 by PhilTWTD

I knew someone would say something like that! I was talking to a youth scout of another club recently and they were saying everyone's looking at young players in France at the minute as aside from the big clubs the youth set-ups aren't up to much and there's talent to be snapped up along the lines of Chris Goteni.

Steve McGavin - academy recruitment manager until crossing the border at the end of last year - said something similar to me when he recruited Idris El Mizouni and Lounes Foudil last year.

However, I doubt Mick would make a trip to check out young players in lower leagues in France, if he was making a professional rather than social trip then it would have been to one of the higher divisions.

Think PSG have lined Mick up if Unai Emery doesn't win the Champions League this season.....

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Mick's trip to France on 11:54 - Feb 12 with 3661 viewsSWGF

Is the co-owner of Barnsley still something to do with Nice? Do we know where Mick was flying to, other than France? Elder Grizzly can probably find him on a plane manifest somewhere.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Mick's trip to France on 11:56 - Feb 12 with 3648 viewsPhilTWTD

Mick's trip to France on 11:54 - Feb 12 by SWGF

Is the co-owner of Barnsley still something to do with Nice? Do we know where Mick was flying to, other than France? Elder Grizzly can probably find him on a plane manifest somewhere.

Was in the Eurotunnel rather than on a plane.
Login to get fewer ads

Mick's trip to France on 11:58 - Feb 12 with 3632 viewsSWGF

Mick's trip to France on 11:56 - Feb 12 by PhilTWTD

Was in the Eurotunnel rather than on a plane.

Driving? Ah...bit of a slog to Nice!

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Mick's trip to France on 12:14 - Feb 12 with 3556 viewsitfcjoe

Mick's trip to France on 11:58 - Feb 12 by SWGF

It was £8 cheaper and Mick is a Yorkshireman

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Mick's trip to France on 12:20 - Feb 12 with 3538 viewsPhilTWTD

That is true! Hadn't realised the Barnsley-Nice connection when I wrote the story.
Mick's trip to France on 12:26 - Feb 12 with 3501 viewsBrianTablet

Mick's trip to France on 12:20 - Feb 12 by PhilTWTD

That is true! Hadn't realised the Barnsley-Nice connection when I wrote the story.

Don't forget your tin hat for the next press conference.... :-)

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Mick's trip to France on 12:38 - Feb 12 with 3457 viewsPinewoodblue

It was Mick's birthday last week. It is Valentine's Day Wednesday. The big softy is an old romantic at heart.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Mick's trip to France on 12:38 - Feb 12 with 3461 viewsJ2BLUE

and there's talent to be snapped up along the lines of Chris Goteni.

Not sure why because i've never seen him play but that made me laugh.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Mick's trip to France on 12:44 - Feb 12 with 3434 viewsPhilTWTD

Mick's trip to France on 12:38 - Feb 12 by J2BLUE

and there's talent to be snapped up along the lines of Chris Goteni.

Not sure why because i've never seen him play but that made me laugh.

I meant playing at a similarly lowly level rather than making any comment on Goteni's ability per se, although he did OK in the game I saw him play for the U23s the other week, even if it was a 5-0 romp against Millwall.

MM made the point himself about Jonathan Kodjia playing at a relatively low level in France - third tier - only a couple of years before he broke through.
Mick's trip to France on 12:53 - Feb 12 with 3378 viewsFenboyBlue

C'est banquers
Mick's trip to France on 14:02 - Feb 12 with 3218 viewsGodBlue

If he's on the train, Paris would be a nice half way point to meet someone for an initial chat over a coffee though.

Just to be clear, in no way do I think MM is meeting anyone with the intention of taking over at Barnsley. Conspiracy theories and wishful thinking are both fun though.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2018 14:03]

Poll: After 778 days, what’s improved since Paul Lambert arrived?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024