Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How would people feel if Mick stayed on as manager? (n/t) 10:13 - Feb 9 with 4366 viewshomer_123

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

How would people feel if Mick stayed on as manager? (n/t) on 10:14 - Feb 9 with 4364 viewsKieran_Knows

I'd give my season ticket up, that's for sure.

Whilst I don't go round shouting from the rooftops as to much I dislike him, I do very much think his time is up here, and i'm not sure I could face another 23 home games (plus however many away games I decide to do) with him in charge.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2018 10:15]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

How would people feel if Mick stayed on as manager? (n/t) on 10:32 - Feb 9 with 4320 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Disappointed.... but I'd also be a little nervous if we did change!!

I think its time for a change, the club is stale, the fans are being lost, and god knows how we will attract the next generation.

Mick seems as fed up as the fans, so its probably best for him to have a new challenge.

On the flip side, I appreciate that Mick has achieved OK league positions that probably out perform his budget, and with no obvious successor, there is a big risk if the next appointment is wrong.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2018 10:34]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

How would people feel if Mick stayed on as manager? (n/t) on 10:48 - Feb 9 with 4282 viewsBluefish

D
E
L
I
G
H
T
E
D
!

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

How would people feel if Mick stayed on as manager? (n/t) on 10:57 - Feb 9 with 4270 viewsLesta_Tractor

I'd be quite happy.

I like MM, our football has improved this season and would be better if our midfielders were fit.

I think a lot of the frustration with our current position comes from the way football has really become all about £££ over the last 5-6 years.

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

How would people feel if Mick stayed on as manager? (n/t) on 11:37 - Feb 9 with 4239 viewsMattinLondon

I won’t be happy or upset. I will simply shrug my shoulders and say ‘meh’.

If he stays then when I go to football I will look forward to meeting up with mates for a few drinks with the actual match simply being a distraction or allow me to sober-up.

If he goes and the manager is just another manager on the championship merry-go-round then I’ll be bored.

If the new manager is recruited from overseas then I’ll look forward to the signings he’ll make. Same if he’s a young manager from the lower leagues.
How would people feel if Mick stayed on as manager? (n/t) on 11:40 - Feb 9 with 4231 viewsPJH

Not sure about how people would feel but as I have said on similar threads, I would be delighted.
How would people feel if Mick stayed on as manager? (n/t) on 11:45 - Feb 9 with 4223 viewsJimmy86

I wouldn't be adverse to Mick staying on. We don't find ourselves in the mire like Sunderland and Hull are and don't think realistically we would go down.

On the flip side to that I don't know whether we would ever get promoted with Mick in charge and also the lack of resources made available by Evans.

Mick also has bridges to build and it's clear there are some people who's mind is already made up and a lot of damage has been done.

If we did appoint a new manager maybe then Evans would be more in the firing line, if the lack of resources were to continue
How would people feel if Mick stayed on as manager? (n/t) on 11:49 - Feb 9 with 4218 viewsericclacton

With my hands, no seriously I would feel a bit flat, but we could end up getting a complete comedian in, that would be awful.......I don't know, I'd like to see something positive happen to change the inane atmosphere at Portman Road.

Login to get fewer ads

How would people feel if Mick stayed on as manager? (n/t) on 12:22 - Feb 9 with 4179 viewsBrianTablet

meh
[Post edited 9 Feb 2018 12:23]

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

How would people feel if Mick stayed on as manager? (n/t) on 12:50 - Feb 9 with 4144 viewsitfcjoe

Disappointed.

The only satisfaction I'd get is seeing the meltdown from some. I'm also not looking forward to seeing the vitriol some will spout about him when he does inevitably leave who are so one-eyed and OTT in their criticism

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

How would people feel if Mick stayed on as manager? (n/t) on 13:05 - Feb 9 with 4114 viewsVic

Ambivalent!

I just wonder how well we'd have done and what style of football we'd have played had we had our best midfielders available. The style of football is an easy stick to beat him with, but I think it's pretty obvious from the players he's brought in, the way we played at the start of the season and his use of Bishop, Huws and Dozzell (when possible) that his choice was for a different style. He's rather been forced into some of the decisions he's made.

That said, he still makes some wierd decisions, and I don;t subscribe to the opinion that we'll be worse off without him. He'd leave behind a decent enough squad.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

How would people feel if Mick stayed on as manager? (n/t) on 13:07 - Feb 9 with 4105 viewsLeoMuff

Indifference, though I think it would be a big mistake

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

How would people feel if Mick stayed on as manager? (n/t) on 13:13 - Feb 9 with 4095 viewsTJS

I would have to think long and hard about whether I could summon any enthusiasm foe next season.
How would people feel if Mick stayed on as manager? (n/t) on 13:14 - Feb 9 with 4092 viewsunbelievablue

Briefly miffed, then further disenfranchised, and finally, shruggingly apathetic.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

How would people feel if Mick stayed on as manager? (n/t) on 13:24 - Feb 9 with 4058 viewsRedWhiteAndBLUE

As much as I enjoy the overall day out I'd seriously consider not renewing if Mick was still here come August. It's become an expensive product with only brief glimpses of entertainment.
How would people feel if Mick stayed on as manager? (n/t) on 13:47 - Feb 9 with 4010 viewsNo9

I can't do anything about ti so I am not going to get into a lather,
Just anticipate more mid table mediocrity,
& unpleasant verbals to those not in his camp.
How would people feel if Mick stayed on as manager? (n/t) on 13:50 - Feb 9 with 4002 viewsWestover

I think we would be in safe hands but with someone new it could go either way is it a chance worth taking at this time when we have some good young players coming through.
How would people feel if Mick stayed on as manager? (n/t) on 13:52 - Feb 9 with 3989 viewsBenters2

Id feel lovely and id safe a small fortune.
How would people feel if Mick stayed on as manager? (n/t) on 08:43 - Feb 10 with 3848 viewsTerry_Nutkins

I'd feel ok. He's done a very good job in all but one year with us. The frustration to me is I felt he built a really good squad thisnyear with some good youngsters there to balance it out but we have been absolutely decimated by injuries to many of our best players. I thought this season was make or break for him to get in the playoffs. With what he has achieved with the squad available to him i think he has really performed well but some dont realise that for some reason. I would therefore love to see him have a shot with the squad he has assembled mostly fit and few additions.

All that being said, i think the relationship with the fans is just broken now and i fear if we had injuries again it will be a slow long season. I'd therefore almost favour a change just to have everyone pulling together again. I'd equally fear though there is more chance of us failing without Mick. It will be a huge appointment to get right.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

How would people feel if Mick stayed on as manager? (n/t) on 08:52 - Feb 10 with 3841 viewsNo9

How would people feel if Mick stayed on as manager? (n/t) on 13:52 - Feb 9 by Benters2

Id feel lovely and id safe a small fortune.

He's already saved me a fair bit.
After a few games my wife said "I don't know how you can sit & watch that, I'm not going anymore".
So with that & me now losing interest that is a fair chunk of change saved each season
How would people feel if Mick stayed on as manager? (n/t) on 09:42 - Feb 10 with 3809 viewstomo

As I have said in previous threads, it wouldn’t bother me at all.

He has done a good job here all things considered, consistently punching above our weight and with the squad he has assembled, and the youngsters he has brought on I am hopeful for the future. I’m not one of those people who get upset about what he says in press conferences so that whole side of things doesn’t bother me. It certainly wouldn’t stop me going to watch The Town.

I also wouldn’t be overly fussed if we made a change, would be nice to have a united fanbase. Although I cannot think of anyone currently available who would do a better job and MM aside Evans hasn’t got a great track record with picking managers.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2018 9:44]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024