Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I miss the family feeling.. 15:48 - Oct 3 with 2522 viewsskyblue23

I can't help but miss the family feeling Ipswich had in the 90's early 2000's. Although we've had a brighter start to this season than what most expected we certainly don't have the quality we once had, but we also seem to have lost that togetherness with the players and fans (other than the chamber fist pump).

I miss the days of seeing Marcus Stewart and Martjin Reuser wearing the blue Ipswich gloves in the winter with ITFC written on. Players you felt loved the club like Magilton, Holland, Stewart etc. Stewart running into the fans when he scored his second goal against Bolton in the play offs.

I know times have changed but I crave the old days so much..

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

I miss the family feeling.. on 15:49 - Oct 3 with 2515 viewsbluewein

*Insert obvious Norwich joke here*

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

I miss the family feeling.. on 15:55 - Oct 3 with 2495 viewsSteve_M

Winning matches regularly and football not being so entirely beholden to money play a big part in that. I can't remember the exact details but at one point in the late 90s we were fourth in the country for results over a long-run of matches (Man Utd, Arsenal & Sunderland). Even the disappointment of the play-offs fosters a sense of community.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

I miss the family feeling.. on 18:27 - Oct 3 with 2364 viewsMullet

I miss the old days too.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

I miss the family feeling.. on 18:33 - Oct 3 with 2354 viewsReuser_is_God

I'm miss the smell of the churchmans.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

I miss the family feeling.. on 18:40 - Oct 3 with 2341 viewsMullet

I miss the family feeling.. on 18:33 - Oct 3 by Reuser_is_God

I'm miss the smell of the churchmans.

Piss yourself and sit outside in the cold eating a bag of werthers.

Strain your neck up occasionally and you get the full sensory recreation by going no further than your garden.

Ask a neighbour to crouch behind their fence and tut every 15 mins and you're practically there.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

I miss the family feeling.. on 18:43 - Oct 3 with 2333 viewsWickets

Dont we all bud.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2017 19:44]
I miss the family feeling.. on 20:19 - Oct 4 with 2182 viewsBrettenhamBlue

90's were good days. A lot has changed, not just the football. People now just wander round permanently attached to screens. Hard to believe mobiles have only been around 15 odd years. I'm not anti-technology, but miss the simplicity.

MMcCarthyisaGod
Poll: Favourite ITFC victory of 2018?

I miss the family feeling.. on 04:45 - Oct 5 with 2087 viewsCurrie10

I think others since have helped, Kuqi / De Vos / Pablo however know what you mean.

While I like Mick, not exactly pretty to watch! Royle's entertainers were a fun bunch to watch with some comical ' defending '.

I think the club have taken fans for granted, well done to those who actually didn't renew who said they would. While gates are pants right now, it's what the club have needed. Big wake up call such a drop in season ticket sales.

Would the club have done various ticket ideas since like lower the cost, the away fans 25 if they agree without the hit? I doubt it. They've ruined the relationship and it's going to take quite some time to be mended.
Login to get fewer ads

I miss the family feeling.. on 04:47 - Oct 5 with 2086 viewsCurrie10

I miss the family feeling.. on 20:19 - Oct 4 by BrettenhamBlue

90's were good days. A lot has changed, not just the football. People now just wander round permanently attached to screens. Hard to believe mobiles have only been around 15 odd years. I'm not anti-technology, but miss the simplicity.

With you on this. Every person I go past on Sydney is glued to their damn mobile with their headphones in saying ' LIKE ' every damn sentence.

Technology is superb, the end user is a major issue.
I miss the family feeling.. on 19:46 - Oct 5 with 2020 viewsWickets

I miss the family feeling.. on 04:45 - Oct 5 by Currie10

I think others since have helped, Kuqi / De Vos / Pablo however know what you mean.

While I like Mick, not exactly pretty to watch! Royle's entertainers were a fun bunch to watch with some comical ' defending '.

I think the club have taken fans for granted, well done to those who actually didn't renew who said they would. While gates are pants right now, it's what the club have needed. Big wake up call such a drop in season ticket sales.

Would the club have done various ticket ideas since like lower the cost, the away fans 25 if they agree without the hit? I doubt it. They've ruined the relationship and it's going to take quite some time to be mended.

Fun defending Drissa by any chance?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024