Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
COTTY HAS LEFT??? 00:22 - Feb 17 with 5381 viewsconnorscontract

WTF!!!

Just got back from pub a bit p1ssed and read that...

WTF is going on..?

TWTD get over yourselves! I haven't read ANY of tonight's threads apart from the one saying he's leaving, but if he has... WTF???

I think TWTD needs nearly middle aged men who groom young nursing students as it gives all us middle aged men hope...

And without hope...

What have we got left???

Yours p1ssed on the bathroom floor...

connorscontract
[Post edited 17 Feb 2017 0:23]
COTTY HAS LEFT??? on 00:48 - Feb 17 with 3673 viewscaught-in-limbo

Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone,
Prevent the dog from barking with a juicy bone,
Silence the pianos and with muffled drum
Bring out the coffin, let the mourners come.

Let aeroplanes circle moaning overhead
Scribbling on the sky the message Cotty's fled,
Put crepe bows round the white necks of the public doves,
Let the traffic policemen wear black cotton gloves.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

COTTY HAS LEFT??? on 01:52 - Feb 17 with 3575 viewsfactual_blue

COTTY HAS LEFT??? on 00:48 - Feb 17 by caught-in-limbo

Rob Brydon's rendition of that in Gavin and Stacey was masterful.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

COTTY HAS LEFT??? on 06:11 - Feb 17 with 3466 viewsBenters

COTTY HAS LEFT??? on 00:48 - Feb 17 by caught-in-limbo

smashing

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

COTTY HAS LEFT??? on 07:44 - Feb 17 with 3340 viewsGlasgowBlue

He's trying to blame me. The fact is that he has started two threads recently and he has been pulled apart on both of them by other posters. One of which he went back and edited the title under pressure.

The fact that he's trying to finger me is an extension of him continually waving an imaginary red card in my direction.

He needs to grow up imo.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

COTTY HAS LEFT??? on 08:02 - Feb 17 with 3273 viewsBenters

COTTY HAS LEFT??? on 07:44 - Feb 17 by GlasgowBlue

He's trying to blame me. The fact is that he has started two threads recently and he has been pulled apart on both of them by other posters. One of which he went back and edited the title under pressure.

The fact that he's trying to finger me is an extension of him continually waving an imaginary red card in my direction.

He needs to grow up imo.

I will never understand why some on here get great enjoyment out of trying to get other posters banned ?

Gentlybentley

COTTY HAS LEFT??? on 08:12 - Feb 17 with 3242 viewsPinewoodblue

He will be back, he was just being a drama queen. All he said, on a rather silly thread he had started, was that he had had enough and was hanging up his boots.

Took that to mean he was leaving the thread, and possibly taking a few days off.

won't be long before something happens that he feels the need to bring to our attention.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

COTTY HAS LEFT??? on 08:13 - Feb 17 with 3231 viewstaximan

COTTY HAS LEFT??? on 08:02 - Feb 17 by Benters

I will never understand why some on here get great enjoyment out of trying to get other posters banned ?

sad acts with nothing meaningful in their lives would be my guess
COTTY HAS LEFT??? on 08:15 - Feb 17 with 3215 viewsBenters

COTTY HAS LEFT??? on 08:12 - Feb 17 by Pinewoodblue

He will be back, he was just being a drama queen. All he said, on a rather silly thread he had started, was that he had had enough and was hanging up his boots.

Took that to mean he was leaving the thread, and possibly taking a few days off.

won't be long before something happens that he feels the need to bring to our attention.

I will miss his Jazz threads...................... NOT !

Gentlybentley

Login to get fewer ads

COTTY HAS LEFT??? on 08:18 - Feb 17 with 3193 viewsBenters

COTTY HAS LEFT??? on 08:13 - Feb 17 by taximan

sad acts with nothing meaningful in their lives would be my guess

Nice

Gentlybentley

COTTY HAS LEFT??? on 08:22 - Feb 17 with 3178 viewsartsbossbeard

He needs to grow up imo.

When you re-read a post and you're hit by the startling realisation that you take an internet message board waaaay too seriously.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

COTTY HAS LEFT??? on 08:27 - Feb 17 with 3138 viewsBluebell

COTTY HAS LEFT??? on 08:22 - Feb 17 by artsbossbeard

When you re-read a post and you're hit by the startling realisation that you take an internet message board waaaay too seriously.

What amazes me is that posters 'remember' what others have said in threads going back ages. I usually read them, post if I want to and forget about it.

Life is far too short to take an internet forum to heart.

FWIW I liked Cotty's posts even is he was up his own a*se at times.
COTTY HAS LEFT??? on 08:28 - Feb 17 with 3123 viewsBenters

COTTY HAS LEFT??? on 08:27 - Feb 17 by Bluebell

What amazes me is that posters 'remember' what others have said in threads going back ages. I usually read them, post if I want to and forget about it.

Do you like Jazz?

Gentlybentley

COTTY HAS LEFT??? on 08:30 - Feb 17 with 3116 viewsBluebell

COTTY HAS LEFT??? on 08:28 - Feb 17 by Benters

Do you like Jazz?

No I hate jazz but I am intelligent enough to avoid those threads.
COTTY HAS LEFT??? on 08:32 - Feb 17 with 3095 viewsclive_baker

COTTY HAS LEFT??? on 08:27 - Feb 17 by Bluebell

I think that too, people recite conversations from years ago and remember all the posters involved etc. Do some posters have a spreadsheet tracking notable posts by certain posters. 9/10 I couldn't tell you who I had responded to anyway. There's only a handful of posters that strike me as right choppers, and a handful that seem alright. 95% I have no opinion on. Maybe my memory is really crap, or maybe I don't care. Probably both.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

COTTY HAS LEFT??? on 08:33 - Feb 17 with 3085 viewsGlasgowBlue

COTTY HAS LEFT??? on 08:22 - Feb 17 by artsbossbeard

I take the subject matter seriously.

I care about immigration. I care about refugees. I don't want to play the virtue card and only mention this to give it some context but I do more than click a petition in order to help a refugee charity.

So when my position on a serious of sexual assaults by some people from the migrant community in Germany is misrepresented, and Cotty who claimed to have me on ignore, started backslapping the poster who misrepresented me, I had every right to me mightlynoissed off.

Vapers apologised because he understood that.

You have done a lot t rehabilitate yourself as a liberal caring remainer on here from somebody who had a series of posts removed about a sensitive subject. We don't need to highlight what. You have a reputation on here as a decent caring guy and quite rightly so. How would you feel if that reputation was trashed? Probably the same as I did.

It's not taking the Internet way too seriously. It's maintaining a reputation on a board that I frequent regarding a subject I care passionately about.

That should be the end of the matter but others like you will chip in with their tuppence worth and I either answer, which continues the discussion, or get cheap shots that I'm not answering.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

COTTY HAS LEFT??? on 08:33 - Feb 17 with 3077 viewsMJallday

He needs to grow up imo.

He tried to WHAT you?!

blimey. Twtd after dark is a dangerous place.

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

COTTY HAS LEFT??? on 08:49 - Feb 17 with 2999 viewsBenters

COTTY HAS LEFT??? on 08:30 - Feb 17 by Bluebell

Hmm

Gentlybentley

COTTY HAS LEFT??? on 08:51 - Feb 17 with 2977 viewsPinewoodblue

Agreed have never opened any of Cotty's Jazz links.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

COTTY HAS LEFT??? on 08:52 - Feb 17 with 2960 viewsBenters

COTTY HAS LEFT??? on 08:32 - Feb 17 by clive_baker

I think that too, people recite conversations from years ago and remember all the posters involved etc. Do some posters have a spreadsheet tracking notable posts by certain posters. 9/10 I couldn't tell you who I had responded to anyway. There's only a handful of posters that strike me as right choppers, and a handful that seem alright. 95% I have no opinion on. Maybe my memory is really crap, or maybe I don't care. Probably both.

Dont you forget that nasty thread you made about me on a NF/BNP march in Brighton ?

I still cry myself to sleep over that !

Gentlybentley

COTTY HAS LEFT??? on 08:53 - Feb 17 with 2965 viewshype313

COTTY HAS LEFT??? on 08:33 - Feb 17 by GlasgowBlue

I care about immigration. I care about refugees. I don't want to play the virtue card and only mention this to give it some context but I do more than click a petition in order to help a refugee charity.

So when my position on a serious of sexual assaults by some people from the migrant community in Germany is misrepresented, and Cotty who claimed to have me on ignore, started backslapping the poster who misrepresented me, I had every right to me mightlynoissed off.

You have done a lot t rehabilitate yourself as a liberal caring remainer on here from somebody who had a series of posts removed about a sensitive subject. We don't need to highlight what. You have a reputation on here as a decent caring guy and quite rightly so. How would you feel if that reputation was trashed? Probably the same as I did.

It's not taking the Internet way too seriously. It's maintaining a reputation on a board that I frequent regarding a subject I care passionately about.

That should be the end of the matter but others like you will chip in with their tuppence worth and I either answer, which continues the discussion, or get cheap shots that I'm not answering.

I like Cotty, but that thread was blatantly to antogonise a few and quite quickly he realised he had made a big mistake.

He can be a sanctimonious at times which I found quite unpalatable, but decent poster all things ITFC related.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

COTTY HAS LEFT??? on 09:07 - Feb 17 with 2892 viewsSwailsey

This is sad news but ultimately what is even sadder, is the creator of the greatest game I have ever played is no more.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

COTTY HAS LEFT??? on 12:08 - Feb 17 with 2614 viewsRyorry

COTTY HAS LEFT??? on 08:02 - Feb 17 by Benters

And I'll never understand why some on here get great enjoyment from baiting & continuing to repeat untruths and smears.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

COTTY HAS LEFT??? on 12:46 - Feb 17 with 2501 viewsTollycobbold

How on earth will the up votes be counted now?
COTTY HAS LEFT??? on 13:15 - Feb 17 with 2407 viewschicoazul

All jazz ever made is awful.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

COTTY HAS LEFT??? on 16:36 - Feb 17 with 2223 viewsSwansea_Blue

COTTY HAS LEFT??? on 08:33 - Feb 17 by GlasgowBlue

The trouble is Cotty takes the subject matter seriously too, because if he's anything like us his job partly depends directly on funding from the EU and EU citizens. He'll also be surrounded by many, many EU citizen colleagues and be seeing the direct impact this is having on them. Brexit will affect most of us in some way, but Universities are at the sharp end and we're already feeling the pinch as a result of lower numbers of foreign students thanks to the anti-immigration drive.

So I can understand why he doesn't back down, and then when he meets someone else who also wants the last word....

It would be nice to see a little bit more understanding all round (on here and in the 'real world'). He/she who walks a mile in someone's shoes, etc.

Group hug needed, apart from Keno as I reckon he'd have wandering hands

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024