Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hladky Save 13:22 - Apr 2 with 1191 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Sorry if already mentioned.

The save from the header from the Saints free kick. Superb, absolutely brilliant save. Got forgotten a bit in the melee that was last night. Kept us in the game.

Thought he had a great game, distribution was good. Some nice aerial balls collected. Very very good.
[Post edited 2 Apr 13:24]

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Hladky Save on 13:31 - Apr 2 with 1104 viewsSwansea_Blue

I thought he got a bit lucky and the officials capitulated. Ah sorry, wrong forum

It was rather marvellous wasn’t it. I said earlier I didn’t think the Saints keeper was that bad, but maybe if he had reactions like Hladky he would have saved at least one of our goals.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Hladky Save on 13:33 - Apr 2 with 1077 viewsArnieM

He made two or three really good saves in the game I thought : certainly kept us in it when they were on top .
Hldaky : Brilliant Keeper

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Hladky Save on 13:47 - Apr 2 with 1020 viewsIllinoisblue

Hladky Save on 13:33 - Apr 2 by ArnieM

He made two or three really good saves in the game I thought : certainly kept us in it when they were on top .
Hldaky : Brilliant Keeper

The 1 on 1 save from Fraser was crucial, but on replay looked like Wolfy may have blocked it albeit Hladky spread himself really well.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Hladky Save on 13:50 - Apr 2 with 980 viewsArnieM

Hladky Save on 13:47 - Apr 2 by Illinoisblue

The 1 on 1 save from Fraser was crucial, but on replay looked like Wolfy may have blocked it albeit Hladky spread himself really well.

Yes he did. Ive literally just seen that video replay , and it was great defending ... I think without the ricochet off Woolfie it may well have gone in....

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Hladky Save on 13:50 - Apr 2 with 976 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Hladky Save on 13:47 - Apr 2 by Illinoisblue

Yep that was Woolfy. He then proceeded to boot the post after it, very hard, Hope his foot is ok.

He was immense last night again I thought. Him and Burgess. Woolfy made a great sliding interception late in the game when the ball was going across the face of goal.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Hladky Save on 13:50 - Apr 2 with 973 viewsIllinoisblue

Hladky Save on 13:50 - Apr 2 by ArnieM

Yes he did. Ive literally just seen that video replay , and it was great defending ... I think without the ricochet off Woolfie it may well have gone in....

Wolf and big Burg were immense as ever.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Hladky Save on 13:52 - Apr 2 with 963 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Hladky Save on 13:31 - Apr 2 by Swansea_Blue

I thought he got a bit lucky and the officials capitulated. Ah sorry, wrong forum

It was rather marvellous wasn’t it. I said earlier I didn’t think the Saints keeper was that bad, but maybe if he had reactions like Hladky he would have saved at least one of our goals.

For all the criticism Bazunu has got and I don't rate him. His worst act last night was to boot us the ball back with 1 minute to play. They had 10 men. Just keep hold of the ball. Bizarre decision.

Hladky Save on 14:10 - Apr 2 with 853 viewsBasuco

Not forgetting the save after getting caught out by Szmodics on Friday, he could well have earned us 4 points, if not 5 or 6 over Easter.
[Post edited 2 Apr 14:28]
Login to get fewer ads

Hladky Save on 14:14 - Apr 2 with 826 viewsGeoffSentence

It was a brilliant reaction save could easily have been a goal to them.

Mind you it was a perverse decision for Southampton to get the free kick in the first place, Fraser hooked his leg round Jacko's standing leg and brought him down but somehow got the free kick his way. I am sure Russell Martin will have mentioned that during one of his monologues about the ref.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Hladky Save on 14:22 - Apr 2 with 778 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Hladky Save on 14:14 - Apr 2 by GeoffSentence

It was a brilliant reaction save could easily have been a goal to them.

Mind you it was a perverse decision for Southampton to get the free kick in the first place, Fraser hooked his leg round Jacko's standing leg and brought him down but somehow got the free kick his way. I am sure Russell Martin will have mentioned that during one of his monologues about the ref.

Agreed. Never a foul. One of many bizarre decisions he gave.

He just seemed to have no consistency in terms of what to give and what not to give.

Hladky Save on 15:41 - Apr 2 with 588 viewsFtnfwest

great save although came off the saints players back if anything
Hladky Save on 15:50 - Apr 2 with 550 viewsNutkins_Return

If any keeper let's that in they shouldn't be playing championship football. Perfect height and not exactly a bullet header.

Hladky didn't put a foot wrong though, thought he was excellent. Obviously with his feet he's good but his decision making was switched on and got the balance just right on when not to take the risk. From a goalkeeping point of view he's excellent at meeting 1-1s and closing down the space.

His weaknesses are less exposed against better footballing sides as they tend to have less long range shots and less direct constant crosses etc. Well play Vaz!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024