Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What a non-story - some football fans really need to grow up 13:50 - Mar 12 with 1604 viewsNeedhamChris

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68544688

Unless I'm missing something, what on earth is there to apologise for here?

Swansea City sporting director Paul Watson insists he meant "no offence" to fans after being pictured with former Luton Town boss Nathan Jones.

Jones has made no secret of his support for Swansea's rivals Cardiff City.

Former Luton chief operating officer Watson faced fierce criticism after being pictured sitting next to his former colleague during the FA Cup defeat at Bournemouth

"I worked with Nathan for five years," said Watson speaking at a fans forum.

"When I went to an away game, they put our seats together because they knew we'd worked together. On reflection, I apologise. It won't happen again. I certainly didn't mean to offend the fans."

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

What a non-story - some football fans really need to grow up on 14:02 - Mar 12 with 1498 viewsMattinLondon

With this story in mind I wish to apologise for eating a lime skittle alongside a lemon one. In hindsight mixing green and yellow is wrong and I acknowledge my mistake. In future, I will ensure that another flavour will be eaten between the lime and lemon ones.
What a non-story - some football fans really need to grow up on 15:08 - Mar 12 with 1326 viewsSwansea_Blue

There's a bit more to it than that. Watson also joined Jones in the stands at the derby earlier in the season when Duff was under pressure. Neither Jones nor Watson are liked at all down here and people assumed (rightly or wrongly) they were undermining the manager. And then throw on top the fact that there's been a bit of history between Jones and Swansea in the past. Watson at best was being very naive if he thought there wouldn't be a reaction. Some of that reaction is petty though, for sure, but it's also at a time when there have been a whole host of poor decisions at the club and the fans couldn't fell more alienated than they do now.

I think the club hierarchy got a bit of a pasting at their fans forum last night

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

What a non-story - some football fans really need to grow up on 15:14 - Mar 12 with 1292 viewsJ2BLUE

What a non-story - some football fans really need to grow up on 14:02 - Mar 12 by MattinLondon

With this story in mind I wish to apologise for eating a lime skittle alongside a lemon one. In hindsight mixing green and yellow is wrong and I acknowledge my mistake. In future, I will ensure that another flavour will be eaten between the lime and lemon ones.

Yes. The only point of orange ones is to separate the green and yellow ones.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

What a non-story - some football fans really need to grow up on 16:50 - Mar 12 with 1131 viewsHelp

What a non-story - some football fans really need to grow up on 14:02 - Mar 12 by MattinLondon

throw the green and yellow in the bin where they belong.
What a non-story - some football fans really need to grow up on 17:01 - Mar 12 with 1092 viewsNthQldITFC

FFS! I expect you're the sort of person who allows daffodils to come into flower in your garden too. Hack the bastards down before the bud appears!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

What a non-story - some football fans really need to grow up on 19:26 - Mar 12 with 899 viewsMattinLondon

What a non-story - some football fans really need to grow up on 17:01 - Mar 12 by NthQldITFC

FFS! I expect you're the sort of person who allows daffodils to come into flower in your garden too. Hack the bastards down before the bud appears!

I quite like daffodils.
What a non-story - some football fans really need to grow up on 07:52 - Mar 13 with 595 viewsWeWereZombies

What a non-story - some football fans really need to grow up on 19:26 - Mar 12 by MattinLondon

I quite like daffodils.

I don't see the problem either, as long as everything yellow and green stays rooted to the spot at Carrot Rudd with the blue and white flowing easily about I'm happy.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024