Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Considering a change in employment. 12:07 - Mar 12 with 1564 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Pretty much anything indoors really!!
Dental assistant perhaps.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Considering a change in employment. on 12:12 - Mar 12 with 1526 viewsNomore4

No…There is no dentist to assist
Considering a change in employment. on 12:15 - Mar 12 with 1504 viewsgiant_stow

Can you even work in this, as in is the ground too wet to do anything to?

Feel for you.

Know of a thatcher in Norfolk who's livelihood is getting properly screwed by this weather.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Considering a change in employment. on 12:16 - Mar 12 with 1501 viewsRyorry

I’d rather be growing garlic in pouring rain and howling wind than have to lean over and work in peoples’ garlicky mouths all day 😬
[Post edited 12 Mar 12:25]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Considering a change in employment. on 12:27 - Mar 12 with 1445 viewsleitrimblue

Do you not own a good pair of waterproofs man?
Says the man working from home today..
Considering a change in employment. on 12:28 - Mar 12 with 1441 viewsKeno

Considering a change in employment. on 12:27 - Mar 12 by leitrimblue

Have you managed to find that Norwich trophy cabinet yet?

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Considering a change in employment. on 12:38 - Mar 12 with 1366 viewsleitrimblue

Considering a change in employment. on 12:28 - Mar 12 by Keno

Have you managed to find that Norwich trophy cabinet yet?

No I'm beginning to think it's a mythical beast.

I tell you what I did find last week that's nearly as glamorous. I'm having to watch the slow destruction of these old outbuildings connected with a large stately home in Co Mayo ( looks like Downturn Abbey).

A couple of hundred years ago it looks like it was heavily repaired and renovated using local Ballina produced bricks.
These bricks were made by Joe Bidens great grandfather ( Ballinas brick maker). The production of these bricks and another 20 odd thousand he sold to the local cathedral paid for him to take his whole family to US. Where 200 years later his great grandson becomes president.

More importantly I have hundreds of old 'Biden bricks' for sale at a tenner a pop if anyone interested?
Considering a change in employment. on 12:41 - Mar 12 with 1353 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Considering a change in employment. on 12:15 - Mar 12 by giant_stow

Can you even work in this, as in is the ground too wet to do anything to?

Feel for you.

Know of a thatcher in Norfolk who's livelihood is getting properly screwed by this weather.

Been squelching about doing tree work in the woods but no prospect of driving anything on the ground to collect all the brush wood up anytime soon. It isn't good for the old bones I have to say being constantly soggy.

Considering a change in employment. on 12:43 - Mar 12 with 1338 viewsgiant_stow

Considering a change in employment. on 12:41 - Mar 12 by BanksterDebtSlave

Been squelching about doing tree work in the woods but no prospect of driving anything on the ground to collect all the brush wood up anytime soon. It isn't good for the old bones I have to say being constantly soggy.

Same for my bro in sort of law in Somerset - he's mid 50s - keep telling him he needs an apprentice soon. Hope its dries soon.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Login to get fewer ads

Considering a change in employment. on 12:43 - Mar 12 with 1326 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Considering a change in employment. on 12:27 - Mar 12 by leitrimblue

The Berghaus leggings are ok but don't much like brambles and thorns! The waxed coat is good to a point but eventually relents.

Considering a change in employment. on 12:46 - Mar 12 with 1307 viewsKeno

Considering a change in employment. on 12:38 - Mar 12 by leitrimblue

I tell you what I did find last week that's nearly as glamorous. I'm having to watch the slow destruction of these old outbuildings connected with a large stately home in Co Mayo ( looks like Downturn Abbey).

A couple of hundred years ago it looks like it was heavily repaired and renovated using local Ballina produced bricks.
These bricks were made by Joe Bidens great grandfather ( Ballinas brick maker). The production of these bricks and another 20 odd thousand he sold to the local cathedral paid for him to take his whole family to US. Where 200 years later his great grandson becomes president.

More importantly I have hundreds of old 'Biden bricks' for sale at a tenner a pop if anyone interested?

Stories like that are amazing arent they!!

Im surprised some yank hasn't offered you a small fortune for those!!

Considering a change in employment. on 13:01 - Mar 12 with 1259 viewshype313

Considering a change in employment. on 12:38 - Mar 12 by leitrimblue

Please tell me the nickname for where you live is Hellmans

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Considering a change in employment. on 13:05 - Mar 12 with 1232 viewsleitrimblue

Considering a change in employment. on 12:43 - Mar 12 by BanksterDebtSlave

The Berghaus leggings are ok but don't much like brambles and thorns! The waxed coat is good to a point but eventually relents.

Yer, brambles etc is why I often wear cheap easily replaceable leggings. I have this Nordberg jacket that was cheap enough that's still waterproof after a couple of years but that's rare enough.
I used to work with a lad who was a mountain rescue volunteer and whose family had a outdoor wear shop.
He suggested you may have to spend €600 plus on waterproof equipment to stay dry on a sh1te day in the West of Ireland.
Considering a change in employment. on 13:08 - Mar 12 with 1194 viewsleitrimblue

Considering a change in employment. on 13:01 - Mar 12 by hype313

Please tell me the nickname for where you live is Hellmans

I live in Co Leitrim .
Co Mayo is like Norfolk on steroids
Considering a change in employment. on 13:10 - Mar 12 with 1172 viewsleitrimblue

Considering a change in employment. on 12:46 - Mar 12 by Keno

Stories like that are amazing arent they!!

Im surprised some yank hasn't offered you a small fortune for those!!

Be on ebay in a few weeks .
When Joe visited Ballina last year he was presented with one of the family bricks in a glass case apparently
Considering a change in employment. on 13:17 - Mar 12 with 1144 viewshype313

Considering a change in employment. on 13:08 - Mar 12 by leitrimblue

I live in Co Leitrim .
Co Mayo is like Norfolk on steroids

Not too far from McKenna's parents hotel then!

Considering a change in employment. on 13:19 - Mar 12 with 1146 viewsGuthrum

I decided to give up gardening up a tree in pouring rain one November (many years ago). At least with decorating I can do some of it indoors.
[Post edited 12 Mar 13:20]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Considering a change in employment. on 13:21 - Mar 12 with 1115 viewshoppy

Weather forecaster, or presenter?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Considering a change in employment. on 13:22 - Mar 12 with 1108 viewsleitrimblue

Considering a change in employment. on 13:17 - Mar 12 by hype313

Not too far from McKenna's parents hotel then!

About 20 minutes from the lake its located on but about 40 mins to the hotel. Gonna pop up for a bit of lunch in next few weeks
Considering a change in employment. on 13:24 - Mar 12 with 1099 viewshype313

Considering a change in employment. on 13:22 - Mar 12 by leitrimblue

About 20 minutes from the lake its located on but about 40 mins to the hotel. Gonna pop up for a bit of lunch in next few weeks

Sounds good, expect a full on Egon Ronay esq review!

Considering a change in employment. on 13:25 - Mar 12 with 1092 viewsNthQldITFC

Swimming pool attendant?

Have you a threatening manner?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Considering a change in employment. on 13:34 - Mar 12 with 1052 viewsleitrimblue

Considering a change in employment. on 13:24 - Mar 12 by hype313

Sounds good, expect a full on Egon Ronay esq review!

Tried to get the whole family, in laws etc to go for a meal up there over Xmas ( thinking there was a chance might bump into Kieran).
Problem is there's this high quality restaurant (owned by 1 of those chefs you see on Irish tv) halfway between home an the Mckenna family hotel. When i suggested we just drive past that and continue driving north to the Mckenna owned hotel 'cause their son's the Town manager and he may be around for xmas) my respect amongst my inlaws did not increase..
Considering a change in employment. on 17:28 - Mar 12 with 857 viewsfactual_blue

Proprietor of on-line football website/message board?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Considering a change in employment. on 17:38 - Mar 12 with 833 viewsKeno

Considering a change in employment. on 13:34 - Mar 12 by leitrimblue

Tried to get the whole family, in laws etc to go for a meal up there over Xmas ( thinking there was a chance might bump into Kieran).
Problem is there's this high quality restaurant (owned by 1 of those chefs you see on Irish tv) halfway between home an the Mckenna family hotel. When i suggested we just drive past that and continue driving north to the Mckenna owned hotel 'cause their son's the Town manager and he may be around for xmas) my respect amongst my inlaws did not increase..

"Problem is there's this high quality restaurant (owned by 1 of those chefs you see on Irish tv)"

so its basically posh ways to cook potatoes?

Considering a change in employment. on 17:42 - Mar 12 with 825 viewsfactual_blue

Considering a change in employment. on 13:19 - Mar 12 by Guthrum

I decided to give up gardening up a tree in pouring rain one November (many years ago). At least with decorating I can do some of it indoors.
[Post edited 12 Mar 13:20]

I'd heard the reason for your career change was that, following an 'incident', you were banned from using a chain saw ever again.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Considering a change in employment. on 17:47 - Mar 12 with 803 viewsGuthrum

Considering a change in employment. on 17:42 - Mar 12 by factual_blue

I'd heard the reason for your career change was that, following an 'incident', you were banned from using a chain saw ever again.

OK, so I chopped the branch the wrong side of where I was sitting ...

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024