Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just the 27 point lead for Labour 22:59 - Jan 17 with 9154 viewsElderGrizzly

Tories back to Liz Truss levels of support.

But Starmer once wrote a textbook or something..

Just the 27 point lead for Labour on 23:03 - Jan 17 with 3926 viewsredrickstuhaart

Pathetic effort at PMQs today when Sunak actually had the gall to criticise a professional barrister for having acted for people who had done something wrong.

No surprise to see that Sunak either doesn't understand or doesn't have any time for professional duties and integrity.
Just the 27 point lead for Labour on 23:17 - Jan 17 with 3879 viewsBlueBadger

Just the 27 point lead for Labour on 23:03 - Jan 17 by redrickstuhaart

Pathetic effort at PMQs today when Sunak actually had the gall to criticise a professional barrister for having acted for people who had done something wrong.

No surprise to see that Sunak either doesn't understand or doesn't have any time for professional duties and integrity.

Sunk has spent his whole political career acting in the interests if wrongdoers, he's got no grounds to criticise.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Just the 27 point lead for Labour on 00:27 - Jan 18 with 3788 viewsChurchman

I think there’s a case for taking the vote from the 20% that support them. They’re clearly incapable of rational thought.

On a serious note, Sunak. Oh dear.
Just the 27 point lead for Labour on 03:09 - Jan 18 with 3668 viewsIllinoisblue

Nailed on for automatics.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Just the 27 point lead for Labour on 07:48 - Jan 18 with 3486 viewsDubtractor

When this calibre of mp was recently on the front bench, you can see why they are struggling.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Just the 27 point lead for Labour on 07:51 - Jan 18 with 3469 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Just the 27 point lead for Labour on 07:48 - Jan 18 by Dubtractor

When this calibre of mp was recently on the front bench, you can see why they are struggling.

Ha ha. Armando Iannucci Is a genius. How he keeps coming up with these scripts is beyond me.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Just the 27 point lead for Labour on 08:15 - Jan 18 with 3398 viewsGlasgowBlue

Amazing what having a competent and credible leader can do for an opposition.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Just the 27 point lead for Labour on 08:18 - Jan 18 with 3366 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Just the 27 point lead for Labour on 08:15 - Jan 18 by GlasgowBlue

....get life long Tories to vote for him. Inspirational.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Login to get fewer ads

Just the 27 point lead for Labour on 08:34 - Jan 18 with 3309 viewsWD19

Just the 27 point lead for Labour on 08:18 - Jan 18 by BanksterDebtSlave

....get life long Tories to vote for him. Inspirational.

Getting people to vote for you seems like a good idea and might work. Surprised nobody thought about it before.
Just the 27 point lead for Labour on 08:38 - Jan 18 with 3269 viewsHerbivore

I think this is more about how awful the Tories have shown themselves to be since 2019 (and beforehand, but they've really ramped it up since 2019) than it is about Starmer being seen as an especially good leader. There's little enthusiasm for Starmer but he is in the position of leading the other party at a time when the Tories are rightly loathed. You could stick Paul Lambert in charge of Labour and they should still win the next election.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Just the 27 point lead for Labour on 08:40 - Jan 18 with 3252 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Just the 27 point lead for Labour on 08:34 - Jan 18 by WD19

Getting people to vote for you seems like a good idea and might work. Surprised nobody thought about it before.

That would depend on what you become to make that happen and what you are seen to stand for.

Just the 27 point lead for Labour on 08:44 - Jan 18 with 3195 viewsblueasfook

It will be interesting to see if the Tories lose as badly as Labour did in 2019. Can a party who have decimated the country for 13 years get as comprehensively trounced as Labour under Marxist terrorist supporter Jeremy Corbyn. i think it will be close.

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Just the 27 point lead for Labour on 08:51 - Jan 18 with 3157 viewsNthQldITFC

Just the 27 point lead for Labour on 07:48 - Jan 18 by Dubtractor

I didn't realise that turd was still floating.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Just the 27 point lead for Labour on 08:57 - Jan 18 with 3114 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Just the 27 point lead for Labour on 08:44 - Jan 18 by blueasfook

It will be interesting to see if the Tories lose as badly as Labour did in 2019. Can a party who have decimated the country for 13 years get as comprehensively trounced as Labour under Marxist terrorist supporter Jeremy Corbyn. i think it will be close.

They have been decimating the country for about 50 years and yet strangely a lot of people that got fat off it have failed to notice. Fortunately though they can now vote Labour too for more of the same. Heady days indeed.

Just the 27 point lead for Labour on 09:00 - Jan 18 with 3093 viewsDJR

"The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which."

OR

"If it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck ...."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2024/01/17/rachel-reeves-hints-at-labour-ta

As the link may be paywalled, this is the introduction.

Rachel Reeves has hinted at tax cuts for top earners as the shadow chancellor attempts to recast Labour as the party of economic growth.

Ms Reeves vowed to ensure “success is celebrated” under a Labour government as she outlined ambitions to ease the burden of Rishi Sunak’s multi-year stealth tax raid on workers.

Speaking to The Telegraph at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, she said that lowering taxes on “working people” remains a priority, including those paying the highest 45p rate.

Ms Reeves said that freezing income tax thresholds in the face of rising inflation “has affected people paying the top rate of tax and the basic rate of tax, and both of those groups of people are working hard, but getting less every month in their pay packets.”

She added: “My instinct is to have lower taxes.”
[Post edited 18 Jan 9:08]
Just the 27 point lead for Labour on 09:05 - Jan 18 with 3057 viewsleitrimblue

Just the 27 point lead for Labour on 09:00 - Jan 18 by DJR

"The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which."

OR

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2024/01/17/rachel-reeves-hints-at-labour-ta

Rachel Reeves has hinted at tax cuts for top earners as the shadow chancellor attempts to recast Labour as the party of economic growth.

Ms Reeves vowed to ensure “success is celebrated” under a Labour government as she outlined ambitions to ease the burden of Rishi Sunak’s multi-year stealth tax raid on workers.

Speaking to The Telegraph at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, she said that lowering taxes on “working people” remains a priority, including those paying the highest 45p rate.

Ms Reeves said that freezing income tax thresholds in the face of rising inflation “has affected people paying the top rate of tax and the basic rate of tax, and both of those groups of people are working hard, but getting less every month in their pay packets.”

She's right though, tax cuts for the rich is exactly what the UK needs...
Fancy getting into politics to be a sh1te version of the Torys.
Why would you bother?
Just the 27 point lead for Labour on 09:08 - Jan 18 with 3026 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

OR

F#ck that duck!

Just the 27 point lead for Labour on 09:13 - Jan 18 with 2966 viewsPinewoodblue

Just the 27 point lead for Labour on 09:05 - Jan 18 by leitrimblue

Why would you bother?

Telling people what they want to hear will always be a vote winner. In a way Corbyn proved that last election.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Just the 27 point lead for Labour on 09:13 - Jan 18 with 2967 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

OR

However, asked if she agreed that she wanted lower taxes on workers “across the spectrum”, including those earning above £100,000, the shadow chancellor responded: “Yes”.

Just the 27 point lead for Labour on 09:16 - Jan 18 with 2951 viewsHerbivore

Just the 27 point lead for Labour on 08:44 - Jan 18 by blueasfook

Hard to call. A key difference is the Tories still have a huge chunk of their media chums cheerleading for them, rather than convincing the hard of thinking that pretty standard European social democracy is actually Marxism.

Just the 27 point lead for Labour on 09:17 - Jan 18 with 2940 viewsDJR

Just the 27 point lead for Labour on 09:05 - Jan 18 by leitrimblue

Why would you bother?

The gradual abandonment of everything that Starmer stood for made me resign a couple of months ago from a party that bears no resemblance to the party it once was, even under Brown or Miliband (who was seen as a dangerous lefty by the Blairites).

I also resigned in 2003, not because of Iraq but because of the direction that Blair was taking the party in, but re-joined when Brown took over.
[Post edited 18 Jan 9:18]
Just the 27 point lead for Labour on 09:21 - Jan 18 with 2910 viewsHerbivore

Just the 27 point lead for Labour on 09:17 - Jan 18 by DJR

The gradual abandonment of everything that Starmer stood for made me resign a couple of months ago from a party that bears no resemblance to the party it once was, even under Brown or Miliband (who was seen as a dangerous lefty by the Blairites).

I also resigned in 2003, not because of Iraq but because of the direction that Blair was taking the party in, but re-joined when Brown took over.
[Post edited 18 Jan 9:18]

On a basic level, I find it odd that Labour are looking at how unpopular the Tories are and thinking to themselves "let's not deviate too far from what these guys have been doing". I get that there should be less corruption and not as much nastiness but surely we can ask for a bit more than that?

Just the 27 point lead for Labour on 09:25 - Jan 18 with 2874 viewsDJR

Just the 27 point lead for Labour on 09:21 - Jan 18 by Herbivore

On a basic level, I find it odd that Labour are looking at how unpopular the Tories are and thinking to themselves "let's not deviate too far from what these guys have been doing". I get that there should be less corruption and not as much nastiness but surely we can ask for a bit more than that?

Agreed. And it was a criticism I had of Blair when he came to power (by, for example, sticking to Tory spending plans), because if you can't be slightly more radical when the Tories are so unpopular, you are never likely to be when the difficulties of government hit, and the right wing media have you in their sights.
[Post edited 18 Jan 10:00]
Just the 27 point lead for Labour on 09:29 - Jan 18 with 2828 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Just the 27 point lead for Labour on 09:13 - Jan 18 by BanksterDebtSlave

However, asked if she agreed that she wanted lower taxes on workers “across the spectrum”, including those earning above £100,000, the shadow chancellor responded: “Yes”.

Seems a weird base to target given it’s so small it’s not going to swing an election. You’d think few people on that money would be voting for this government anyway given their handling or the economy and pushing Brexit through.

Still I guess MP’s have got to think of how their post political career earnings are going to be taxed…
Just the 27 point lead for Labour on 09:30 - Jan 18 with 2808 viewssolemio

I think a couple of people need to investigate the meaning of the word 'decimated'.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024