Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Taylors single biggest problem is Chappers. 21:24 - Jan 13 with 3013 viewshomer_123

That would be Taylors best position for us but he has no chance of moving the wee man.

Need to find a way to play him further up the pitch, where he can be more effective for us.
[Post edited 13 Jan 21:26]

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Taylors single biggest problem is Chappers. on 21:29 - Jan 13 with 2718 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Understand what you’re saying, but he’s come off the bench a lot and has not once come on for Chappers, always Luongo or Sam.

Could be McKenna has other ideas for him.
[Post edited 14 Jan 19:17]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Taylors single biggest problem is Chappers. on 21:33 - Jan 13 with 2678 viewshomer_123

Taylors single biggest problem is Chappers. on 21:29 - Jan 13 by Cheltenham_Blue

Understand what you’re saying, but he’s come off the bench a lot and has not once come on for Chappers, always Luongo or Sam.

Could be McKenna has other ideas for him.
[Post edited 14 Jan 19:17]

Could be. But given he needs to perm Hurch, Harness and now Sarimento in...you can see why Taylor doesn't get a look in there.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Taylors single biggest problem is Chappers. on 21:38 - Jan 13 with 2642 viewsNutkins_Return

I'm not sure. It would waste his engine and thrusting runs. Got some acceleration him.

His big issue tonight was how many passes he completely misjudged. His passing stats must have been real poor. That's the area to improve. I don't think you can play the 10 role without having the ability to thread passes really well. He'd s ore some screamers but he doesn't have Chaplin's little disguised passes through the lines etc.

A player there but he has to make his passes count and keep possession much much better.
Taylors single biggest problem is Chappers. on 21:39 - Jan 13 with 2625 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

I thought he grew into the game today. Looked nervous to begin with and gave away possession a couple of times. He did better as the game went on, and did hold his own against a good opposition.

I don’t think McKenna bought him with a no. 10 in mind. I think the problem for him has been not getting a run of starts to build up good partnerships. That’s testament to how superb Mass and Morsy have been.
Taylors single biggest problem is Chappers. on 23:31 - Jan 13 with 2404 viewsNutkins_Return

Taylors single biggest problem is Chappers. on 21:39 - Jan 13 by SuperKieranMcKenna

I thought he grew into the game today. Looked nervous to begin with and gave away possession a couple of times. He did better as the game went on, and did hold his own against a good opposition.

I don’t think McKenna bought him with a no. 10 in mind. I think the problem for him has been not getting a run of starts to build up good partnerships. That’s testament to how superb Mass and Morsy have been.

I thought he continued to misplace passes. He was trying so hard and the shift he put in for me means very forgiveable. Any player putting in that effort gets a thumbs up from me. He has to tidy his possession and passing accuracy. Just almost rushing or panicking a bit. Hard give he does play regular.

Completely agree I don't think the plan is 10. McKenna wants his drive and engine in midfield and arriving into area/edge of to score.
Taylors single biggest problem is Chappers. on 23:44 - Jan 13 with 2328 viewspointofblue

Taylors single biggest problem is Chappers. on 23:31 - Jan 13 by Nutkins_Return

I thought he continued to misplace passes. He was trying so hard and the shift he put in for me means very forgiveable. Any player putting in that effort gets a thumbs up from me. He has to tidy his possession and passing accuracy. Just almost rushing or panicking a bit. Hard give he does play regular.

Completely agree I don't think the plan is 10. McKenna wants his drive and engine in midfield and arriving into area/edge of to score.

If he was less than a million then he would be worth the risk. At the moment, he seems a luxury, thanks to FFP, we couldn't really afford. He shows promise so can only hope something clicks.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Taylors single biggest problem is Chappers. on 08:29 - Jan 14 with 2004 views_clive_baker_

Disagree. He’s every bit a number 8, not a number 10. His ability to carry the ball from deep areas is so important to getting us up the pitch. It’s Massimo he’s completing with but it sounds like that might not be much of a competition right now.
Taylors single biggest problem is Chappers. on 08:30 - Jan 14 with 1993 viewsMullet

Taylors single biggest problem is Chappers. on 08:29 - Jan 14 by _clive_baker_

Disagree. He’s every bit a number 8, not a number 10. His ability to carry the ball from deep areas is so important to getting us up the pitch. It’s Massimo he’s completing with but it sounds like that might not be much of a competition right now.

Said last night, but until he gets a run we'll not really see if he can step up consistently. It's a nice problem to have in some ways as it's another sign of how far we've come so quickly.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Login to get fewer ads

Agree with you and the Bakers buh on 08:44 - Jan 14 with 1944 viewsDyland

Taylors single biggest problem is Chappers. on 08:30 - Jan 14 by Mullet

Said last night, but until he gets a run we'll not really see if he can step up consistently. It's a nice problem to have in some ways as it's another sign of how far we've come so quickly.

Infuriating that Jack did so much of the difficult stuff so well only to flunk the easy ten yard pass. There are a handful of know-it-all (yet in reality know fook all) newbies near me who give a running commentary on every little mistake our players make but was glad yesterday even they didn't got full meltdown on Jackers. The lad is on a really steep learning curve, and Massimo's absence could make or break him. I am positive that it could be the former.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Taylors single biggest problem is Chappers. on 08:44 - Jan 14 with 1943 views_clive_baker_

It might just be the break he needs.

Agree with others in that he was a little loose in possession at times and needs to tighten up, but I thought he was excellent last night. Not any easy job to do either against a good side.
Taylors single biggest problem is Chappers. on 09:02 - Jan 14 with 1884 viewsDJR

In his first few games, including the Luton friendly, he was loose in possession but it seems to me that this aspect of his game hasn't improved much, although he has a lot of other good attributes.

This seems strange given the way that we normally manage to improve players under McKenna, but he is playing at a higher level than he has played at before where there is less space and time.
[Post edited 14 Jan 9:04]
I'm totally guessing here on 09:05 - Jan 14 with 1867 viewsDyland

Taylors single biggest problem is Chappers. on 09:02 - Jan 14 by DJR

In his first few games, including the Luton friendly, he was loose in possession but it seems to me that this aspect of his game hasn't improved much, although he has a lot of other good attributes.

This seems strange given the way that we normally manage to improve players under McKenna, but he is playing at a higher level than he has played at before where there is less space and time.
[Post edited 14 Jan 9:04]

Maybe it's a psychological thing, nerves e.g. Spannering short passes isn't a matter of technique, is it? He needs to find some zen in the middle of combat. So a guru is needed rather than extra (traditional) coaching.

Possibly :)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

I'm totally guessing here on 09:10 - Jan 14 with 1835 viewsDJR

I'm totally guessing here on 09:05 - Jan 14 by Dyland

Maybe it's a psychological thing, nerves e.g. Spannering short passes isn't a matter of technique, is it? He needs to find some zen in the middle of combat. So a guru is needed rather than extra (traditional) coaching.

Possibly :)

Yes, I was going to add to my post that he just needs to calm down a bit, so there may well be something in what you say.
I'm totally guessing here on 11:31 - Jan 14 with 1677 viewsCheltenham_Blue

I'm totally guessing here on 09:10 - Jan 14 by DJR

Yes, I was going to add to my post that he just needs to calm down a bit, so there may well be something in what you say.

Think there is something in this. Prime example, was when he picked up the ball midway in our own half, drove through 2 or 3 Sunderland players and then massively overcooked a ball over the top to Jackson, which ended up going straight to their keeper.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Taylors single biggest problem is Chappers. on 13:41 - Jan 14 with 1545 viewsArnieM

Taylor loses possession too easily and frequently . Pity really coz he shows moments of magic. But consistency, or lack of it, is his biggest problem, not Chappers.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Taylors single biggest problem is Chappers. on 13:45 - Jan 14 with 1525 viewsMK1

Wouldn't mind giving him a few games up top. Would be a handful for defenders and has a bit of pace. Could be helpful until we get a new forward in.
Taylors single biggest problem is Chappers. on 13:56 - Jan 14 with 1494 viewsVegtablue

Taylors single biggest problem is Chappers. on 13:41 - Jan 14 by ArnieM

Taylor loses possession too easily and frequently . Pity really coz he shows moments of magic. But consistency, or lack of it, is his biggest problem, not Chappers.

He is guilty of that but I'm still really excited by him tbh. Below shows how he stacks up against other midfielders in his position. Passing and protecting the ball are where we'll hopefully see improvement, at which point he's the complete box-to-box midfielder. Time's on his side to get there.

https://fbref.com/en/players/48eed8d5/scout/365_m2/Jack-Taylor-Scouting-Report
Taylors single biggest problem is Chappers. on 14:36 - Jan 14 with 1412 viewsSawtrich

I think Taylor is the sort of midfielder that 'tries things' so he's a more high risk option. He'll give away possession more than Luongo but he might just create something that playing safe wouldn't have got you.
Taylors single biggest problem is Chappers. on 14:43 - Jan 14 with 1377 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Taylors single biggest problem is Chappers. on 08:29 - Jan 14 by _clive_baker_

I agree except I wonder if he will now be behind Travis in that role. I was very impressed with him.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Taylors single biggest problem is Chappers. on 14:55 - Jan 14 with 1334 viewspointofblue

Taylors single biggest problem is Chappers. on 14:43 - Jan 14 by Nthsuffolkblue

I agree except I wonder if he will now be behind Travis in that role. I was very impressed with him.

Think Travis is only three yellows off a two match ban, though he managed to avoid a booking yesterday.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Taylors single biggest problem is Chappers. on 15:03 - Jan 14 with 1316 viewsJimmy86

Has he deserved a run in the team though? Morsy, Luongo seems to be the partnership, when all are fit, but he's going to have to go some to displace Luongo, barring injury/suspension.. when he has started he hasn't really grabbed his chance, in my opinion.

He has spoken of his frustration of not playing as much as he'd like... Well, it isn't Peterborough anymore... I'm sure he'll end up in the engine room a bit more this season now Mass might be out
Taylors single biggest problem is Chappers. on 18:55 - Jan 14 with 1078 views3_5_2

He had a very mixed game. Obviously a technically gifted player, has clever turns etc and can produce 20 yarfers but his passing was very poor. I lost count of how many passes went astray, a lot simple 10 years balls. He will know this and will have to improve in this area at this level if he wants to get more game time

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Taylors single biggest problem is Chappers. on 19:12 - Jan 14 with 1047 views_clive_baker_

Taylors single biggest problem is Chappers. on 14:43 - Jan 14 by Nthsuffolkblue

I think primarily Travis has come in as cover for Morsy / to push Morsy in the number 6 role. Given the current and potential future suspensions and potential cup run etc I wouldn’t be surprised if he starts a decent amount of games for us. It’s good to have 2 players of that calibre now as we want 2 options in each position.

I would imagine it’s likely to be either Travis or Morsy with either Taylor or Luongo. Having said that I did think yesterday Travis could maybe play number 8 alongside Morsy, that could work. He showed he’s capable of getting us up the pitch and with a bit more licence to do that alongside Morsy it could be effective.

You wouldn’t want to play against them as a partnership, pair of right sh1thouses.
Taylors single biggest problem is Chappers. on 19:21 - Jan 14 with 1001 viewsMullet

Taylors single biggest problem is Chappers. on 19:12 - Jan 14 by _clive_baker_

I think primarily Travis has come in as cover for Morsy / to push Morsy in the number 6 role. Given the current and potential future suspensions and potential cup run etc I wouldn’t be surprised if he starts a decent amount of games for us. It’s good to have 2 players of that calibre now as we want 2 options in each position.

I would imagine it’s likely to be either Travis or Morsy with either Taylor or Luongo. Having said that I did think yesterday Travis could maybe play number 8 alongside Morsy, that could work. He showed he’s capable of getting us up the pitch and with a bit more licence to do that alongside Morsy it could be effective.

You wouldn’t want to play against them as a partnership, pair of right sh1thouses.

Plus we can play both and just boot teams for a laugh then go and score

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Taylors single biggest problem is Chappers. on 19:29 - Jan 14 with 956 viewsStevieH

Taylors single biggest problem is Chappers. on 19:21 - Jan 14 by Mullet

Plus we can play both and just boot teams for a laugh then go and score

This made me chuckle. Well done sir ……..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024