Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stansfield 09:37 - Jan 10 with 5313 viewsnodge_blue

It sounds like he was training with Birmingham yesterday. I can’t see this happening now, unless he’s here today.

It’s no skin off Fulham’s nose if he moved early in the window and if he was going to move, as the loaning club, it would make sense for it to happen as soon as possible. They may also take the view he is getting plenty of game time, is a constant starter and scoring. So why move him?

Just have a feeling it’s not going to happen unless the player himself was super keen on it.

[Post edited 10 Jan 10:22]

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Stansfield on 09:49 - Jan 10 with 4673 viewstractorboy1978

Yeah, I agree. Very unlikely now I'd say. I think the window to recall him is the end of this week.
Stansfield on 10:05 - Jan 10 with 4502 viewsVegtablue

Yes very disappointed by this. I thought Brum's troubles and McKenna's long-held interest would be enough, especially after the Insta tease. Looks like Mogga arrived a week too soon 🫤
Stansfield on 10:14 - Jan 10 with 4370 viewsRIPbobby

I would suggest that we are playing hard ball for a full transfer. If that happens the loan agreement will surely be irrelevant.
Stansfield on 10:15 - Jan 10 with 4336 viewsBiGDonnie

Announced tomorrow is my guess.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Stansfield on 10:16 - Jan 10 with 4329 viewsnodge_blue

Stansfield on 10:14 - Jan 10 by RIPbobby

I would suggest that we are playing hard ball for a full transfer. If that happens the loan agreement will surely be irrelevant.

I cant see that. We cant play hard ball with a premier league club who have little interest in maybe making a small profit on a guy they see as a long term investment.
[Post edited 10 Jan 10:17]

Stansfield on 10:17 - Jan 10 with 4343 viewsPhilTWTD

I had heard a week or so ago before Rooney's sacking that it was expected he would play more regularly at Birmingham than he might here and at the time staying there was the favoured option.
Stansfield on 10:19 - Jan 10 with 4278 viewsnodge_blue

Stansfield on 10:17 - Jan 10 by PhilTWTD

I had heard a week or so ago before Rooney's sacking that it was expected he would play more regularly at Birmingham than he might here and at the time staying there was the favoured option.

Im not surprised. I guess the injury to Hirst may have changed that equation a bit, but even so, as a loan player he's probably mainly concerned with being happy and scoring goals.

Stansfield on 10:23 - Jan 10 with 4211 viewstextbackup

Stansfield on 10:17 - Jan 10 by PhilTWTD

He’d be our only option up top if he came here, so how could they think he’d not get the game time?!

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

Stansfield on 10:25 - Jan 10 with 4146 viewsGuthrum

Stansfield on 10:23 - Jan 10 by textbackup

He’d be our only option up top if he came here, so how could they think he’d not get the game time?!

He'd be behind the signing nobody knows about yet.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Stansfield on 10:25 - Jan 10 with 4132 viewsRIPbobby

Stansfield on 10:16 - Jan 10 by nodge_blue

I cant see that. We cant play hard ball with a premier league club who have little interest in maybe making a small profit on a guy they see as a long term investment.
[Post edited 10 Jan 10:17]

Quite unlikely I must admit. But you never know? If he is the man the boss wants we may make them an offer they can't refuse.
Stansfield on 10:28 - Jan 10 with 4095 viewstractorboy1978

Stansfield on 10:25 - Jan 10 by RIPbobby

Quite unlikely I must admit. But you never know? If he is the man the boss wants we may make them an offer they can't refuse.

Although that's irrelevant if it doesn't happen before their window to recall him expires.
Stansfield on 10:30 - Jan 10 with 4052 viewsnodge_blue

Stansfield on 10:25 - Jan 10 by RIPbobby

Well as a PL club they are used to receiving offers in 10 mil plus territory for their squad. And that's not going to happen. Even if we offered 5 mil, they may just decide to wait until the Summer and see his value only going up and possibly playing for them next season.

George Hirst only came here for the fee he did, because he really pushed for it and made himself a nice pain in the arse for a manager.

Stansfield on 10:34 - Jan 10 with 3968 viewsWeirdFishes

Not sure I see the point in signing him on loan anyway. If we’re taking a player on a short term deal they should be an established striker who can make an impact in getting us up.

Stansfield looks to be a talent but is someone I see as a more long term signing.

Just hope we don’t hold out for him as we did Hirst in Summer 2022 and end up with no one.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

Stansfield on 10:35 - Jan 10 with 3952 viewsPhilTWTD

Stansfield on 10:23 - Jan 10 by textbackup

I think we'll look to sign someone else as well, I'd assume with more experience. Can't really go into the final months of the season with only one number nine up to this level.
Stansfield on 10:51 - Jan 10 with 3750 viewsVegtablue

Stansfield on 10:34 - Jan 10 by WeirdFishes

Not sure I see the point in signing him on loan anyway. If we’re taking a player on a short term deal they should be an established striker who can make an impact in getting us up.

Stansfield looks to be a talent but is someone I see as a more long term signing.

Just hope we don’t hold out for him as we did Hirst in Summer 2022 and end up with no one.

We need two really (IMO), which should mean no risk of delaying on one in order to chase another. I'm confident Stansfield could have been that main man, based on what I've seen and read of his performances this season, but it appears it wasn't meant to be.

Surely one good striker must see us and think there's an opportunity here?! 2nd in the league, no obvious competition and McKenna in charge.. I'll be gutted if we don't find at least one 😅
Stansfield on 11:00 - Jan 10 with 3630 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Don’t think we’re as keen as some of the reports suggest.
Stansfield on 11:00 - Jan 10 with 3626 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

We were told that the window to make that happen would be slim, I assume much like with our loan from Brighton, he would have to be recalled first and then sold or loaned again.

For me the worrying thing is we have an abundance of midfielders, almost too many to choose from now and an intention to limp along with Ladapo who is out of form, and Jackson who isn't as well suited, playing the Hirst role at a crucial time in the season with Leeds and Southampton breathing down our necks. I think this could be the decider between Playoffs and promotion for us, and I expect Sunderland to want to bounce back after the Newcastle game on Saturday against an Ipswich side that has a couple of new faces, a few people recovering from sickness and two key players out in Morsy and Hirst.

Obviously we don't know who we have tried to sign or if there is anyone at this stage, all we know is that it is rarely known who exactly is coming until the day of unlike in ages past when it would be known for weeks before the announcement.
Stansfield on 11:02 - Jan 10 with 3585 viewstractorboy1978

Stansfield on 11:00 - Jan 10 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

We were told that the window to make that happen would be slim, I assume much like with our loan from Brighton, he would have to be recalled first and then sold or loaned again.

For me the worrying thing is we have an abundance of midfielders, almost too many to choose from now and an intention to limp along with Ladapo who is out of form, and Jackson who isn't as well suited, playing the Hirst role at a crucial time in the season with Leeds and Southampton breathing down our necks. I think this could be the decider between Playoffs and promotion for us, and I expect Sunderland to want to bounce back after the Newcastle game on Saturday against an Ipswich side that has a couple of new faces, a few people recovering from sickness and two key players out in Morsy and Hirst.

Obviously we don't know who we have tried to sign or if there is anyone at this stage, all we know is that it is rarely known who exactly is coming until the day of unlike in ages past when it would be known for weeks before the announcement.

We obviously don't have an intention to 'limp along' with Ladapo and Jackson. If a player we want was available and the deal could be done now, it would be.
Stansfield on 11:05 - Jan 10 with 3507 viewstextbackup

Stansfield on 10:25 - Jan 10 by Guthrum

He'd be behind the signing nobody knows about yet.

We need an ITKer in the fulham camp, as they know about the unknown signing

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Stansfield on 18:04 - Jan 10 with 2628 viewsPioneerBlue

Let’s face it. He’s not joining. Fulham may not want to sell or will have priced him out of perm at this stage and he is settled in a loan and appreciating in value.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Stansfield on 18:12 - Jan 10 with 2551 viewsMK1

I reckon it will be a permanent deal as apposed to a loan. At least a loan to permanent deal at the end of season. Just think it will happen.
Stansfield on 18:20 - Jan 10 with 2469 viewsJ2BLUE

Purely speculating but it would make sense for the window to recall him to have been at the beginning of the month. Fulham and Birmingham could then have made other plans and the FA Cup would have meant no league game for 10/11 days.

I'd be surprised if the window was later in the window.

They may have also been told about Mowbray and is he the type of manager you would want to leave a young player with? I would say yes.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Stansfield on 18:27 - Jan 10 with 2389 viewsFrimleyBlue

Stansfield on 18:20 - Jan 10 by J2BLUE

Purely speculating but it would make sense for the window to recall him to have been at the beginning of the month. Fulham and Birmingham could then have made other plans and the FA Cup would have meant no league game for 10/11 days.

They may have also been told about Mowbray and is he the type of manager you would want to leave a young player with? I would say yes.

I've got a feeling it could the 24th Jan ish.

He joined on 24th August. So could potentially be linked with that date.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Stansfield on 20:47 - Jan 10 with 1975 viewspennblue

Stansfield on 18:20 - Jan 10 by J2BLUE

He has turned down Mogga before after speaking with him and if Mogga is genuine he would tell him to come here

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Stansfield on 21:07 - Jan 10 with 1863 viewsitfctilidie

Stansfield on 20:47 - Jan 10 by pennblue

He has turned down Mogga before after speaking with him and if Mogga is genuine he would tell him to come here

If the new manager of your side was recommending your best striker on loan to sign for another side, when your side is 6 points clear of relegation - i wouldn't say that is being genuine, more an idiot.

Mogga would be doing everything in his power to keep Stansfield, lets not kid ourselves
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024