Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Christmas - we pack in the matches, the continent takes a break. 18:51 - Dec 7 with 2086 viewsorfordbuoy

Don't we like spending time with the in-laws?
Christmas - we pack in the matches, the continent takes a break. on 18:55 - Dec 7 with 2073 viewsMattinLondon

I know that this ain’t be popular but I’m not a fan of football on Boxing Day. Would rather football stopped for a few days over the festive period. It won’t happen as I know I’m in the minority.
Christmas - we pack in the matches, the continent takes a break. on 18:55 - Dec 7 with 2064 viewsMK1

Love the Christmas period of games. Have 2 weeks off, so a flurry of games is welcome. Great way of testing squad strength. Those with the strongest will come out unscathed.
Christmas - we pack in the matches, the continent takes a break. on 19:00 - Dec 7 with 2046 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

People are off work and it’s a great time to go to FPR with family. I feel like the festive season would be missing something without football. Without it we’d be stuck watching reruns of Home Alone for the millionth time (although to be fair that’s a classic).
Christmas - we pack in the matches, the continent takes a break. on 19:06 - Dec 7 with 2027 viewsSE1blue

Christmas - we pack in the matches, the continent takes a break. on 18:55 - Dec 7 by MattinLondon

I know that this ain’t be popular but I’m not a fan of football on Boxing Day. Would rather football stopped for a few days over the festive period. It won’t happen as I know I’m in the minority.

If we had to lose one, I’d say scrap the games on New Years Day.

There’s always an FA Cup game a few days later and most people are too hungover to be driving across the country.

Poll: Should VAR be scrapped?
Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Christmas - we pack in the matches, the continent takes a break. on 19:10 - Dec 7 with 2012 viewsNthsuffolkblue

What's the difference between in-laws and outlaws?

I am sure we all know the punchline.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Christmas - we pack in the matches, the continent takes a break. on 19:11 - Dec 7 with 2007 viewsorfordbuoy

Christmas - we pack in the matches, the continent takes a break. on 19:00 - Dec 7 by SuperKieranMcKenna

People are off work and it’s a great time to go to FPR with family. I feel like the festive season would be missing something without football. Without it we’d be stuck watching reruns of Home Alone for the millionth time (although to be fair that’s a classic).

Downvoted by mistake. Sorry mate. Me and multitasking.
Christmas - we pack in the matches, the continent takes a break. on 19:12 - Dec 7 with 2001 viewsorfordbuoy

Christmas - we pack in the matches, the continent takes a break. on 19:10 - Dec 7 by Nthsuffolkblue

What's the difference between in-laws and outlaws?

I am sure we all know the punchline.

go on ...
Christmas - we pack in the matches, the continent takes a break. on 19:13 - Dec 7 with 1990 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Christmas - we pack in the matches, the continent takes a break. on 19:12 - Dec 7 by orfordbuoy

go on ...

outlaws are wanted!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

Christmas - we pack in the matches, the continent takes a break. on 19:14 - Dec 7 with 1988 viewsorfordbuoy

Christmas - we pack in the matches, the continent takes a break. on 19:13 - Dec 7 by Nthsuffolkblue

outlaws are wanted!

aha
Christmas - we pack in the matches, the continent takes a break. on 19:47 - Dec 7 with 1931 viewsstonojnr

Christmas - we pack in the matches, the continent takes a break. on 18:55 - Dec 7 by MattinLondon

I'm not a fan of games at 745pm on Boxing Day that's for sure, I could cope with 12 or 3 or even 5pm kick offs just about.

Even though I cannot ever remember a boxing day game I went to and enjoyed, they're soulless, everyone wants to be somewhere else, the results aren't even that important because everyone uses the congested calendar excuse if you lose.

But if they took a winter break what are they going to do, fly to Dubai and play a mini tournament of exhibition games instead.
Christmas - we pack in the matches, the continent takes a break. on 21:17 - Dec 7 with 1827 viewsbazza

One day of being stuck in the house with all the family and the outlaws, sets me up nicely for the other 364 days.. itching to get out the house come Boxing Day.
Christmas - we pack in the matches, the continent takes a break. on 22:43 - Dec 7 with 1715 viewsKeno

Christmas - we pack in the matches, the continent takes a break. on 21:17 - Dec 7 by bazza

One day of being stuck in the house with all the family and the outlaws, sets me up nicely for the other 364 days.. itching to get out the house come Boxing Day.

Are you allergic to your in laws?

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Christmas - we pack in the matches, the continent takes a break. on 00:57 - Dec 8 with 1651 viewsorfordbuoy

Christmas - we pack in the matches, the continent takes a break. on 22:43 - Dec 7 by Keno

Are you allergic to your in laws?

are you saying you're not?
Christmas - we pack in the matches, the continent takes a break. on 08:07 - Dec 8 with 1523 viewsLeaky

Boxing Day fixture's are great, not a at 8pm though feck sky.
Christmas - we pack in the matches, the continent takes a break. on 09:28 - Dec 8 with 1475 viewsJimmyJazz

I'd like to have seen the Saturday Dec 23 and Friday Dec 29 fixtures scrapped this year, leaving the Boxing Day and New Years day fixtures instead

It's the fact we try and cram in so many games in such a short space of time (this applies to all of December this year) that's my issue.

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Christmas - we pack in the matches, the continent takes a break. on 10:16 - Dec 8 with 1424 viewsCityBlue

Football on Boxing Day is a great English tradition.

Disagree with the Christmas Eve fixtures and the fixtures team should work harder on keeping Boxing Day games close.

I T I D

Christmas - we pack in the matches, the continent takes a break. on 14:34 - Dec 8 with 1348 viewsBluespeed225

Christmas - we pack in the matches, the continent takes a break. on 19:47 - Dec 7 by stonojnr

I'm not a fan of games at 745pm on Boxing Day that's for sure, I could cope with 12 or 3 or even 5pm kick offs just about.

Even though I cannot ever remember a boxing day game I went to and enjoyed, they're soulless, everyone wants to be somewhere else, the results aren't even that important because everyone uses the congested calendar excuse if you lose.

But if they took a winter break what are they going to do, fly to Dubai and play a mini tournament of exhibition games instead.

I remember losing to Luton on Boxing Day in 74’, a costly defeat!
Christmas - we pack in the matches, the continent takes a break. on 15:48 - Dec 8 with 1301 viewsRadlett_blue

Boxing Day games have traditionally attracted big crowds, so with a "winter break" now schedules, it makes huge sense to have it early in the New Year.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Christmas - we pack in the matches, the continent takes a break. on 15:50 - Dec 8 with 1291 viewsbournemouthblue

Out of interest, where do European Leagues catch their games up, do they generally play more midweek games during the season?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Christmas - we pack in the matches, the continent takes a break. on 16:15 - Dec 8 with 1263 viewsRadlett_blue

Christmas - we pack in the matches, the continent takes a break. on 15:50 - Dec 8 by bournemouthblue

Out of interest, where do European Leagues catch their games up, do they generally play more midweek games during the season?

Sensibly, most European leagues have no more than 20 or 22 teams in a division. Most of them also have only 1 domestic cup, while we have 2 (or 3 if you count the Pizza Cup).

Christmas - we pack in the matches, the continent takes a break. on 16:22 - Dec 8 with 1256 viewsMJR101

Christmas - we pack in the matches, the continent takes a break. on 14:34 - Dec 8 by Bluespeed225

I remember losing to Luton on Boxing Day in 74’, a costly defeat!

And a horrible one. Still haven’t got that out of my head!
Christmas - we pack in the matches, the continent takes a break. on 16:30 - Dec 8 with 1245 viewsRadlett_blue

Christmas - we pack in the matches, the continent takes a break. on 16:22 - Dec 8 by MJR101

And a horrible one. Still haven’t got that out of my head!

Yes, that was a huge shock, with Luton defending for 90 minutes & then scoring an injury time winner, although we also lost at Carlisle the next month.
That has to be the most frustrating season being a Town fan, missing out on the League title by 2pts, being cheated out of the FA Cup by Clive Thomas & going out of the UEFA Cup on away goals (although that was in the 1st round).

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024