Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Had a proper loud mouthed bell behind me last night 19:13 - Nov 30 with 2786 viewsDubtractor

One of those sort of people that has to loudly proclaim an opinion on every facet of the match, and that opinion is almost always completely wrong.

"I hate it when we pass around at the back, we always mess up and give a goal away"

"I don't like these multiple substitutions, they don't work"

"I think the ref's had a good game, let the game flow".

etc etc.

Thankfully not a regular!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Had a proper loud mouthed bell behind me last night on 19:15 - Nov 30 with 2724 viewsMK1

I think I might have just put him on ignore.
Had a proper loud mouthed bell behind me last night on 19:23 - Nov 30 with 2672 viewsMattinLondon

I have a degree of sympathy with people who complain about passing out or around from the back. Not as in I agree with them, but as in it’s only a recent thing which we’ve done. Think it’s ingrained in a lot of English football fans to want to get the ball up the pitch quickly. We played great football under Burley but we didn’t play it out from the back like how we do now.

And from what I’ve seen of SBR teams they didn’t play around with it to the extent that we do now.

It’ll take time for this to be considered normal.
Had a proper loud mouthed bell behind me last night on 19:45 - Nov 30 with 2589 viewsNeedhamChris

It was a couple of fans screaming potty mouthed abuse at Bart in the second half I found annoying.

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

Had a proper loud mouthed bell behind me last night on 19:49 - Nov 30 with 2559 viewsSouperJim

Our resident bell marked the half time whistle with a tirade about how crap Harry Clarke is. Admittedly he wasn't at his best, but it says something about a "supporter" when the first thing on their lips having watched their team dominate is criticism of one individual.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Had a proper loud mouthed bell behind me last night on 19:57 - Nov 30 with 2487 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Had a proper loud mouthed bell behind me last night on 19:23 - Nov 30 by MattinLondon

I have a degree of sympathy with people who complain about passing out or around from the back. Not as in I agree with them, but as in it’s only a recent thing which we’ve done. Think it’s ingrained in a lot of English football fans to want to get the ball up the pitch quickly. We played great football under Burley but we didn’t play it out from the back like how we do now.

And from what I’ve seen of SBR teams they didn’t play around with it to the extent that we do now.

To be fair some of the pass backs under pressure give me near heart attacks, especially when we’re cruising and winning comfortably it feels like we’re inviting trouble.
Had a proper loud mouthed bell behind me last night on 20:04 - Nov 30 with 2450 viewsHelp

Appears he does not watch to often otherwise he would know that is the way
Had a proper loud mouthed bell behind me last night on 20:52 - Nov 30 with 2274 viewsVic

Had a proper loud mouthed bell behind me last night on 19:57 - Nov 30 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

To be fair some of the pass backs under pressure give me near heart attacks, especially when we’re cruising and winning comfortably it feels like we’re inviting trouble.

Inviting trouble - that’s pretty much what we are trying to do. It’s getting the other team to come to us, letting them think they have a chance of nicking it off us and then - ping, ping ping and off we go up thier end to score before they hardly know what has happened.

It’s a modern way of playing - it’ll last a few seasons before another way (probably one that’s been done before) comes along.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Had a proper loud mouthed bell behind me last night on 20:56 - Nov 30 with 2252 viewsSouperJim

Had a proper loud mouthed bell behind me last night on 20:52 - Nov 30 by Vic

Inviting trouble - that’s pretty much what we are trying to do. It’s getting the other team to come to us, letting them think they have a chance of nicking it off us and then - ping, ping ping and off we go up thier end to score before they hardly know what has happened.

It’s a modern way of playing - it’ll last a few seasons before another way (probably one that’s been done before) comes along.

And we're very accomplished at it, we absolutely murdered Millwall with it. Admittedly the early goal helped, as they had no option but to come at us. Tuanzebe would have quite happily stood on the edge of our box with the ball at his feet for 80 minutes

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Login to get fewer ads

Had a proper loud mouthed bell behind me last night on 22:48 - Nov 30 with 2016 viewsBasingstokeBlue

only last night? You lucky person.

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Had a proper loud mouthed bell behind me last night on 05:15 - Dec 1 with 1810 viewsMK1

Had a proper loud mouthed bell behind me last night on 22:48 - Nov 30 by BasingstokeBlue

only last night? You lucky person.

I think this post is a dig at the frimley bloke. I could be wrong.
Had a proper loud mouthed bell behind me last night on 07:12 - Dec 1 with 1697 viewsDubtractor

Had a proper loud mouthed bell behind me last night on 05:15 - Dec 1 by MK1

I think this post is a dig at the frimley bloke. I could be wrong.

It isn't remotely a dig at Frimmers. Genuinely had a bellend sat behind me.

Stood out as we're lucky enough ti be surrounded by a pretty good bunch where we sit.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

Had a proper loud mouthed bell behind me last night on 07:30 - Dec 1 with 1649 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Had a proper loud mouthed bell behind me last night on 07:12 - Dec 1 by Dubtractor

It isn't remotely a dig at Frimmers. Genuinely had a bellend sat behind me.

Stood out as we're lucky enough ti be surrounded by a pretty good bunch where we sit.

No, Frimmers doesn't go to actual games.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Had a proper loud mouthed bell behind me last night on 07:33 - Dec 1 with 1636 viewsDubtractor

Had a proper loud mouthed bell behind me last night on 07:30 - Dec 1 by The_Flashing_Smile

No, Frimmers doesn't go to actual games.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Haha.

I was gonna say that but I was trying to be nice!

Had a proper loud mouthed bell behind me last night on 11:22 - Dec 1 with 1388 viewsWickets

Had a proper loud mouthed bell behind me last night on 19:49 - Nov 30 by SouperJim

Our resident bell marked the half time whistle with a tirade about how crap Harry Clarke is. Admittedly he wasn't at his best, but it says something about a "supporter" when the first thing on their lips having watched their team dominate is criticism of one individual.

Same Bell who spends half the game shouting " Wake up " then !
Had a proper loud mouthed bell behind me last night on 11:27 - Dec 1 with 1374 viewsTractorCam

"I hate it when we pass around at the back, we always mess up and give a goal away"

We've conceded many goals this season, I can't think of a single one which has come in this fashion.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Had a proper loud mouthed bell behind me last night on 11:40 - Dec 1 with 1336 viewstractorboy1978

Had a proper loud mouthed bell behind me last night on 19:23 - Nov 30 by MattinLondon

I have no sympathy at all. It's not really a recent thing, it's the way a lot of successful football has been played for seasons and a style of football that has got us promoted and sees us sit 2nd in the Championship. It should hardly be a surprise unless you've been living under a rock for the past 18 months.
Had a proper loud mouthed bell behind me last night on 11:47 - Dec 1 with 1303 viewsmrfixit426

Had a proper loud mouthed bell behind me last night on 11:22 - Dec 1 by Wickets

Same Bell who spends half the game shouting " Wake up " then !

I had that one next to me at WBA.
Had a proper loud mouthed bell behind me last night on 11:52 - Dec 1 with 1285 viewsSmithersJones

Had a proper loud mouthed bell behind me last night on 11:27 - Dec 1 by TractorCam

We've conceded many goals this season, I can't think of a single one which has come in this fashion.

There's a group that's evolved from this. It's now "we need a plan B for when passing it round at the back doesn't work". Except this gets voiced as soon as we pass it round, so it hasn't really evolved that much.
Had a proper loud mouthed bell behind me last night on 12:43 - Dec 1 with 1205 viewssjg

Had a proper loud mouthed bell behind me last night on 19:45 - Nov 30 by NeedhamChris

It was a couple of fans screaming potty mouthed abuse at Bart in the second half I found annoying.

North Stand section 4?
Had a proper loud mouthed bell behind me last night on 14:17 - Dec 1 with 1039 viewsbackwaywhen

Had a proper loud mouthed bell behind me last night on 20:52 - Nov 30 by Vic

We are certainly getting good at it , it quick triangles , then before you know it we are on our way up the other end , leaving those that are trying to press us way behind the play ……. I love it , didn’t at first but now we’re comfortable……..I’m McKenna we trust 💙
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024