Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tonight’s team then 07:49 - Nov 25 with 2438 viewsGlasgowBlue

Hladky
Williams
Tuanzebe*
Burgess
Davis
Morsy
Taylor
Burns
Chaplin
Broadhead
Hirst

*not a reflection on Woolfy. WBA best crossers in the league. Wonder if McKenna will throw a curve and throw Walton in for the same reason. Think we’d lose too much in our build up play if he did.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

That's it on 07:52 - Nov 25 with 2400 viewsDyland

Maybe he'll start Luongo if he's not knackered.

I listened to the Blue Monday lads talking about WBA crossing, long throws and set pieces, and idea Wolfie may sit out and come back Wednesday night.

BM really is an excellent and informative pod innit.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Tonight’s team then on 07:54 - Nov 25 with 2380 viewsblueislander

I hope he sticks with Woolfenden.Similarly I can’t really see a case for Walton.
Tonight’s team then on 07:54 - Nov 25 with 2373 viewsBlueOura

Yep, i'd go with exactly that line up.

I think Burns will start and give way to Omari around the 60-70 min mark. I think Taylor also deserves a start at this point and think he may well get it with all the travelling Mass has done. We shall see.
Tonight’s team then on 08:00 - Nov 25 with 2338 views_clive_baker_

I’d have Woolf in, but otherwise I like it.
Tonight’s team then on 08:03 - Nov 25 with 2330 viewsSheffordBlue

Think we may see Tuanzebe and Woolfenden start together. Come January when Burgess goes off to ASIACON they're likely to be the starting pair I think. They've just had a good two weeks training together and Burgess/Luongo have missed out on some of the match specific training.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Tonight’s team then on 08:08 - Nov 25 with 2294 viewsgosblue

I don’t think you’re far off there. But from McKenna’s comments earlier in the week, I don’t think any of our travelling internationals will be included in the starting XI. Burgess, Broadhead (and Luongo) may have to wait until Wednesday for a start. I’ve been fancying a back three for some time now but pre Tuanzebe, we haven’t had the right personnel and I can’t imagine any major tactical changes any time soon.
Tonight’s team then on 08:55 - Nov 25 with 2103 viewsRyorry

Until I read your header “tonight” I didn’t know ko had been shifted to 17.30, presumably for Sky, so ta!

#MustKeepUpMore

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Tonight’s team then on 08:57 - Nov 25 with 2090 viewsmarvellous

Woolfie should have done much better for the Swansea 2nd goal. I'm not sure it warrants being dropped but KMc really wasn't happy about it!

I can see the Aussies missing this one.
Login to get fewer ads

Tonight’s team then on 09:11 - Nov 25 with 2021 viewsblueislander

Tonight’s team then on 08:57 - Nov 25 by marvellous

Woolfie should have done much better for the Swansea 2nd goal. I'm not sure it warrants being dropped but KMc really wasn't happy about it!

I am sure tha t McKenna reviewed the Swansea goal, but I doubt he particularly singled out Woolfenden for criticism , and certainly not publicly. There were other failures for that goal.
Tonight’s team then on 09:44 - Nov 25 with 1868 viewsbilllm

Tonight’s team then on 09:11 - Nov 25 by blueislander

I am sure tha t McKenna reviewed the Swansea goal, but I doubt he particularly singled out Woolfenden for criticism , and certainly not publicly. There were other failures for that goal.

Agree Clarke just thought wolf would clear it up and didn't bust a gut to get back and not give the Swansea player the option to take wolf on,
Tonight’s team then on 10:00 - Nov 25 with 1812 viewsmarvellous

Tonight’s team then on 09:11 - Nov 25 by blueislander

I meant that KMc sounded and looked annoyed when questioned about the 2nd goal. He definitely didn't single anyone out.

Also, I am not putting the blame squarely at Woofenden's door. But, in my opinion, he should have defended it better. He had 2 opportunities to put in a challenge before Lowe got to the penalty box - he could've taken a booking. I'm really not trying to dig Woolfie out as I think he's been excellent both last season and this. He's stepped up to the Championship effortlessly. I just think he was a little naive and hopefully he'll learn from it.
Tonight’s team then on 10:07 - Nov 25 with 1770 viewsSwansea_Blue

Tonight’s team then on 08:55 - Nov 25 by Ryorry

Until I read your header “tonight” I didn’t know ko had been shifted to 17.30, presumably for Sky, so ta!

#MustKeepUpMore

Same, thanks Glassers

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Tonight’s team then on 10:14 - Nov 25 with 1741 viewscressi

Hopefully not the two most capable players of playing out Hladky and wolf we don't want a Wimbledon of old strategy. We are Ipswich play our own way let others worry about us. Did you watch Walton v Fulham no thank you. X
Tonight’s team then on 10:57 - Nov 25 with 1635 viewsDyland

Tonight’s team then on 10:14 - Nov 25 by cressi

Hopefully not the two most capable players of playing out Hladky and wolf we don't want a Wimbledon of old strategy. We are Ipswich play our own way let others worry about us. Did you watch Walton v Fulham no thank you. X

Think Tuanzebe is capable of playing out from the back. And Burgess may get the nod as he's excellent against crosses, where Hladky suffers a little vs Walton. Agree with you about foot skills re Hladky vs Walton, obvs.

Maybe Burg and Luongo will be rested though, so could see Wolf and Tuanzebe, which if latter gets up to match fit speed will be tasty.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Tonight’s team then on 11:59 - Nov 25 with 1518 views_clive_baker_

Tonight’s team then on 08:57 - Nov 25 by marvellous

It was poor defending from Woolf but I’m sure KM is level headed enough to not let 1 lapse dictate his thinking too much, especially of a player who has barely put a foot wrong under KM and played a massive part this season. Reads the game so well and so important on the cover. It’s not like we looked rock solid without him at Rotherham.
Tonight’s team then on 12:24 - Nov 25 with 1428 viewscressi

Tonight’s team then on 10:57 - Nov 25 by Dyland

Think Tuanzebe is capable of playing out from the back. And Burgess may get the nod as he's excellent against crosses, where Hladky suffers a little vs Walton. Agree with you about foot skills re Hladky vs Walton, obvs.

Maybe Burg and Luongo will be rested though, so could see Wolf and Tuanzebe, which if latter gets up to match fit speed will be tasty.

No problem with wolf and Tuanzebe starting as Tuanzebe gives the back 4 pace also decent in the air definitely Williams for Clarke although wolf was beaten far to easy for Swansea 2nd goal where was Clarke his positional sense in poor as goals v Leeds and Blackburn showed in other games hence why Williams was brought here.
Tonight’s team then on 12:43 - Nov 25 with 1353 viewsNthQldITFC

Tonight’s team then on 11:59 - Nov 25 by _clive_baker_

It was poor defending from Woolf but I’m sure KM is level headed enough to not let 1 lapse dictate his thinking too much, especially of a player who has barely put a foot wrong under KM and played a massive part this season. Reads the game so well and so important on the cover. It’s not like we looked rock solid without him at Rotherham.

It was a strange one from Woolfy, looked like he should have dealt with it quite easily, even if at the expense of a free kick. Out of character, he's been brilliant under McKenna and will continue to step up comfortably I think. One of our Prem quality players.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Tonight’s team then on 12:44 - Nov 25 with 1346 viewsfranz_tyson

It's not as if Woolfenden is lacking in stature. Maybe Tuanzebe is possibly stronger in the air, but I'd be surprised if McKenna dropped Woolfenden. Let's not try and blame Clarke to take the heat of Woolfenden. It was poor defending for Swansea's second from him. Its up to him to take that on the chin and learn from it. That's how players become better. I'd stick with Woolfenden. Credit in the bank and no need for McKenna to be too clever.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024