Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone run up high roaming charges whilst abroad? 22:21 - Nov 16 with 2435 viewsGlasgowBlue

Bet it didn't total £11,000.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/nov/16/health-secretary-scotland-fights

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Anyone run up high roaming charges whilst abroad? on 22:26 - Nov 16 with 2397 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I’m not one for defending politicians but I actually believe him here when you read the story.

Multiple devices on the hotspot, abroad, etc. It isn’t beyond the realms. He does seem genuinely sorry about it too.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Anyone run up high roaming charges whilst abroad? on 22:28 - Nov 16 with 2378 viewslowhouseblue

surely he knows he's going to resign. everyone knows he's going to resign. why go through the dance?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Anyone run up high roaming charges whilst abroad? on 22:30 - Nov 16 with 2359 viewsSwansea_Blue

A big fan of tractors, no doubt. Maybe he was catching up on news from his Parish?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Anyone run up high roaming charges whilst abroad? on 22:31 - Nov 16 with 2351 viewsredrickstuhaart

Anyone run up high roaming charges whilst abroad? on 22:28 - Nov 16 by lowhouseblue

surely he knows he's going to resign. everyone knows he's going to resign. why go through the dance?

Its ridiculous.

He has made a mess of things by not being completely honest about how the data was used.

Buts its 6gb ffs. Nothing. The only scandal here is that somehow a government contractor has managed to charge 11k in roaming charges for £30 of data.

And if the likes of Suella, Boris, Nadine et al dont resign these days for what they did, this isnt, relatively speaking, a resigning matter.
Anyone run up high roaming charges whilst abroad? on 22:32 - Nov 16 with 2339 viewslowhouseblue

Anyone run up high roaming charges whilst abroad? on 22:31 - Nov 16 by redrickstuhaart

Its ridiculous.

He has made a mess of things by not being completely honest about how the data was used.

Buts its 6gb ffs. Nothing. The only scandal here is that somehow a government contractor has managed to charge 11k in roaming charges for £30 of data.

And if the likes of Suella, Boris, Nadine et al dont resign these days for what they did, this isnt, relatively speaking, a resigning matter.

but he fibbed until the press found out.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Anyone run up high roaming charges whilst abroad? on 22:41 - Nov 16 with 2263 viewsDarkBrandon

Anyone run up high roaming charges whilst abroad? on 22:31 - Nov 16 by redrickstuhaart

Its ridiculous.

I agree.

I used to have a free phone from a previous employer, who allowed me to use it for personal use, but wouldn’t tell me the tariff I was on. Consequently I didn’t know whether I had to avoid running up high roaming charges or not.

It would never cross my mind that you’d give an MSP a SIM card with such a ridiculous tariff. He effed up by not coming clean, but he’s not to blame for the charges being so outrageous
Anyone run up high roaming charges whilst abroad? on 00:00 - Nov 17 with 2130 viewsbournemouthblue

The SNP seem to lurch from one crisis to another since Sturgeon went.

I assume this will mean Labour start to return more seats in Scotland again, aiding and abetting the next Starmer government

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Anyone run up high roaming charges whilst abroad? on 07:42 - Nov 17 with 1954 viewsSwansea_Blue

Its ridiculous.

£11k for 6 gig? Wow, someone’s on the gravy train.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone run up high roaming charges whilst abroad? on 07:53 - Nov 17 with 1937 viewsBlueRaider

The MD from our sister company managed a similar size bill once , it seems he was videoing him and his mates drinking shots in a Chinese restaurant

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

Anyone run up high roaming charges whilst abroad? on 07:55 - Nov 17 with 1924 viewsPlums

Anyone run up high roaming charges whilst abroad? on 22:32 - Nov 16 by lowhouseblue

but he fibbed until the press found out.

I haven't followed this closely but it seems he lied to avoid blaming his son in public? TBH, that's foolish in public office but completely understandable. If that's where we're setting the bar for politicians and sackable misdemeanours, there are going to be very few left which isn't a bad thing.
As with refereeing, all we want is consistency.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Anyone run up high roaming charges whilst abroad? on 08:01 - Nov 17 with 1892 viewsSteve_M

Somebody fairly senior at a company I used to work for ran up a larger charge downloading 'something' to an iPad in Russia. Obviously the sort of thing no one found out about in the pub....

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Anyone run up high roaming charges whilst abroad? on 08:08 - Nov 17 with 1856 viewsEdwardStone

Anyone run up high roaming charges whilst abroad? on 22:26 - Nov 16 by The_Romford_Blue

I’m not one for defending politicians but I actually believe him here when you read the story.

Multiple devices on the hotspot, abroad, etc. It isn’t beyond the realms. He does seem genuinely sorry about it too.

Full of regret now that he has been caught....

Why didn't he tell the truth from the start?
Anyone run up high roaming charges whilst abroad? on 08:22 - Nov 17 with 1834 viewsredrickstuhaart

Anyone run up high roaming charges whilst abroad? on 08:08 - Nov 17 by EdwardStone

Full of regret now that he has been caught....

Why didn't he tell the truth from the start?

He says to protect his sons who were watching football.

Stupid decision. And probably only partly true.
Anyone run up high roaming charges whilst abroad? on 08:33 - Nov 17 with 1808 viewswkj

6gb isn't as crazy a number to rack up as one might think. 1gb~ for an hour of streaming at standard def, 3 GB~ for streaming in HD
[Post edited 17 Nov 2023 8:53]

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Anyone run up high roaming charges whilst abroad? on 09:31 - Nov 17 with 1731 viewslowhouseblue

Anyone run up high roaming charges whilst abroad? on 07:55 - Nov 17 by Plums

I haven't followed this closely but it seems he lied to avoid blaming his son in public? TBH, that's foolish in public office but completely understandable. If that's where we're setting the bar for politicians and sackable misdemeanours, there are going to be very few left which isn't a bad thing.
As with refereeing, all we want is consistency.

but he continued to directly lie once he definitely knew the truth. would it really have been bad for his sons if he had said "i've just found out my sons watched 2 football matches because they had no idea my data was limited or that it would incur such a huge cost. they assumed, as with their own phones, that the data was free."? How does that make them look bad?

but in addition according to newsnight he had the bill in February which showed 2 big downloads relative to everything else while he was away. faced with an £11k bill did he really not ask "what was i doing to rack up that usage in those short periods"? i find that hard to believe.

it does seem that he only told the truth once the press showed that it had been used to watch football.

yousaf may have questions to answer. once he knew the truth his answers to direct questions don't seem to have been entirely truthful.

Anyone run up high roaming charges whilst abroad? on 11:54 - Nov 17 with 1551 viewsvilanovablue

I just don't understand how he had a contract that wasn't capped, in terms of data used/money spent which I thought was the norm these days.
Anyone run up high roaming charges whilst abroad? on 12:09 - Nov 17 with 1512 views_clive_baker_

Not defending a politician or his subsequent response to this, but for any provider to charge £11k for a few GB of data is absolutely shameful and should be illegal.
Anyone run up high roaming charges whilst abroad? on 12:10 - Nov 17 with 1502 viewsDanTheMan

Anyone run up high roaming charges whilst abroad? on 09:31 - Nov 17 by lowhouseblue

but he continued to directly lie once he definitely knew the truth. would it really have been bad for his sons if he had said "i've just found out my sons watched 2 football matches because they had no idea my data was limited or that it would incur such a huge cost. they assumed, as with their own phones, that the data was free."? How does that make them look bad?

but in addition according to newsnight he had the bill in February which showed 2 big downloads relative to everything else while he was away. faced with an £11k bill did he really not ask "what was i doing to rack up that usage in those short periods"? i find that hard to believe.

it does seem that he only told the truth once the press showed that it had been used to watch football.

yousaf may have questions to answer. once he knew the truth his answers to direct questions don't seem to have been entirely truthful.

All the lying and covering up is really dumb. I can see it happening through stupidity rather than malice l, but it's dumb lie after dumb lie to cover up the initial stupidity.

I do concur with others though that 11k for 6gigs of data is absolutely outrageous.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Anyone run up high roaming charges whilst abroad? on 12:13 - Nov 17 with 1483 viewslowhouseblue

Anyone run up high roaming charges whilst abroad? on 12:10 - Nov 17 by DanTheMan

All the lying and covering up is really dumb. I can see it happening through stupidity rather than malice l, but it's dumb lie after dumb lie to cover up the initial stupidity.

I do concur with others though that 11k for 6gigs of data is absolutely outrageous.

the charges are ridiculous. i wonder if a court would actually enforce them.

Anyone run up high roaming charges whilst abroad? on 12:38 - Nov 17 with 1410 viewslongtimefan

Anyone run up high roaming charges whilst abroad? on 12:10 - Nov 17 by DanTheMan

The really dumb bit is he was given a new SIM to put in the iPad over a year ago. The ridiculous data charges are due to the SIM he used no longer being in contract. Had he changed the SIM as instructed the charges would have been much lower
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024