Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tuanzebe 09:06 - Nov 8 with 4164 viewsPinewoodblue

Thought he showed promise and grew into the roll after a dodgy start. He was responsible for gifting the ball to Rotherham with an over hit pass and could have done more when it came bs k into our area.

Interesting that KMc said he had for sometime intended he would play against Rotherham, he needed the minutes as he will be a key player later in the season but it goes against the one game at a time principle. With hindsight it might have been better if he had come on at half time, hopefully with the three points already comfortably secure.

Elsewhere unfortunate that several other players were a little below par and we still haven’t been awarded a penalty. Our style of play is such that you would expect us to be close to the top of a table showing penalties awarded. Sunderland have had 4 several teams 3. Think we need players to take the bill into the area more than we do. We probably have more free kicks just outside the area than most other teams.

A win on Saturday is more important now going into international without a win in three league games wouldn’t be ideal.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Tuanzebe on 09:58 - Nov 8 with 3231 viewsDJR

I thought, ignoring early rustiness, he looks a very good player, with his ability on the ball in in the mould of Woolfie.

Were he to move up the pecking order, I wonder if he would in due course be a replacement for Woolfie, or would play alongside him in place of Burgess.

What I am not sure is if he could play on the left, but having two ball-playing centre backs would certainly fit the modern game that McKenna favours.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2023 9:59]
Tuanzebe on 10:04 - Nov 8 with 3184 viewsHerbivore

I fairness, we'd also have had 3 or 4 pens this season with competent refereeing.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Tuanzebe on 10:08 - Nov 8 with 3157 viewsWeWereZombies

It seemed that almost every ball out of the back was being fed through Tuanzebe, so a lynch pin between Hladky and midfield as well as his defensive duties (which has the frailties you noted but on the plus side a very commanding header of the ball.) This allowed Clarke and Davis to play more advanced roles and, as Rotherham occasionally dropped back, meant we could play an advanced line with more of the game being played in their half. I don't know if I am just not being observant enough but I hardly noticed Burgess last night. Anyway, I think McKenna's game plan was to use Tuanzebe as the basis for a different pattern of play than we have tried out in earlier games, will be interesting to see if this continues or reappears for individual games.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Tuanzebe on 10:09 - Nov 8 with 3146 viewsBlueOura

I thought the did very well overall. The pass for their opener may have been slighlty over hit but for me most of the fault lies with Davis. He could have just headed it down the line as I think Hirst or maybe Harness was making a run for him, the worst that could have happened then was we concede a throw in. Trying to chest it down under pressure was the wrong decision.
Tuanzebe on 10:27 - Nov 8 with 3078 viewsRyorry

Role. *Role*

Not "roll" as in cheese or ham.

Sorry to be pedantic, but I've seen this a few times on here recently & it's starting to niggle me!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Tuanzebe on 10:27 - Nov 8 with 3071 viewsPinewoodblue

Tuanzebe on 10:08 - Nov 8 by WeWereZombies

It seemed that almost every ball out of the back was being fed through Tuanzebe, so a lynch pin between Hladky and midfield as well as his defensive duties (which has the frailties you noted but on the plus side a very commanding header of the ball.) This allowed Clarke and Davis to play more advanced roles and, as Rotherham occasionally dropped back, meant we could play an advanced line with more of the game being played in their half. I don't know if I am just not being observant enough but I hardly noticed Burgess last night. Anyway, I think McKenna's game plan was to use Tuanzebe as the basis for a different pattern of play than we have tried out in earlier games, will be interesting to see if this continues or reappears for individual games.

Burgess made same number of passes as Tuanzebe.

https://optaplayerstats.statsperform.com/en_GB/soccer/championship-2023-2024/2t5

Clarke seems to take the ball inside rather than get a cross over. We had very few crosses into the box from the right.

2023 year of destiny

Tuanzebe on 10:48 - Nov 8 with 3018 viewsDJR

Tuanzebe on 10:27 - Nov 8 by Pinewoodblue

Burgess made same number of passes as Tuanzebe.

https://optaplayerstats.statsperform.com/en_GB/soccer/championship-2023-2024/2t5

Clarke seems to take the ball inside rather than get a cross over. We had very few crosses into the box from the right.

I am not so sure his passes were as constructive as Tuanzebe's. Indeed, I noticed at the game at Sheffield Wednesday that he rarely fed the ball to Davis who was in acres of space, preferring instead to pass inside to Woolfie. But maybe this is what he is asked to do.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2023 10:50]
Tuanzebe on 10:58 - Nov 8 with 2953 viewsPinewoodblue

Tuanzebe on 10:48 - Nov 8 by DJR

I am not so sure his passes were as constructive as Tuanzebe's. Indeed, I noticed at the game at Sheffield Wednesday that he rarely fed the ball to Davis who was in acres of space, preferring instead to pass inside to Woolfie. But maybe this is what he is asked to do.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2023 10:50]

Your last point is important, we don’t really know what instructions are given to individual players.

2023 year of destiny

Login to get fewer ads

Tuanzebe on 11:45 - Nov 8 with 2845 viewsReus30

Tuanzebe on 10:04 - Nov 8 by Herbivore

I fairness, we'd also have had 3 or 4 pens this season with competent refereeing.

Last night alone we could have had 3!

I think we could easily be near 10 pens at this point. Those pesky L1 refs are following us!
Tuanzebe on 12:29 - Nov 8 with 2733 viewsJimmyJazz

Tuanzebe on 10:27 - Nov 8 by Ryorry

Role. *Role*

Sorry to be pedantic, but I've seen this a few times on here recently & it's starting to niggle me!

Mmmmm maybe even a cheese and ham roll with some mustard.

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Tuanzebe on 12:32 - Nov 8 with 2716 viewsBlueBadger

Role. *Role*

Grammar pedants are much fewer interesting than normal people though.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Tuanzebe on 12:36 - Nov 8 with 2687 viewsSharkey

Tuanzebe on 12:29 - Nov 8 by JimmyJazz

Mmmmm maybe even a cheese and ham roll with some mustard.

Reminds me of the old joke. Bloke goes into a café and asks what the soup of the day is. 'Oasis soup' is the reply. He chances it. It's chicken soup and not bad at all. "Why do you call it 'Oasis soup'?", he asks the waitress.

"Because you got a roll with it."
Tuanzebe on 12:45 - Nov 8 with 2633 viewsNthQldITFC

Tuanzebe on 09:58 - Nov 8 by DJR

I thought, ignoring early rustiness, he looks a very good player, with his ability on the ball in in the mould of Woolfie.

Were he to move up the pecking order, I wonder if he would in due course be a replacement for Woolfie, or would play alongside him in place of Burgess.

What I am not sure is if he could play on the left, but having two ball-playing centre backs would certainly fit the modern game that McKenna favours.

I always think one good way of assessing a centre back is how often they are off balance in a 50/50, i.e. how good is their positioning, timing and balance and how much in control of the contest they are.

Woolfy is a master at that, Burgess has got much better most of the time and Tuanzebe looks to be similar to Woolfy, perhaps not quite so smoothe on what I've seen so far, but boy does he have some power in the challenge!

Looks class. Hope he can stay fit and like you I could see him on the left with Woolfy if he can play that side, but Burgess has every right to stay there and I also suspect Baggott might well prove to be the best option of the lot at LCB in the not too distant future.

KMc (surprise, surprise) seems to have engineered a situation where we have a range of centre halves who can successfully come in for specific opponents without upsetting the balance.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Tuanzebe on 12:46 - Nov 8 with 2624 viewsBasingstokeBlue

Role. *Role*

* Rôle.

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Tuanzebe on 13:05 - Nov 8 with 2519 viewspointofblue

I don’t think Tuanzebe will play on Saturday as it’s too much too soon, but it does make me wonder whether we could use more of a back three/wing back system whilst Burns and Broadhead are missing.

Hladky
Woolfenden - Tuanzebe - Burgess
Williams - Morsy - Luongo - Davis
Chaplin - Scarlett/Taylor
Hirst

Though hopefully we won’t be missing our starting wingers for much longer so perhaps it’s a moot point.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Tuanzebe on 13:09 - Nov 8 with 2504 viewsHerbivore

Tuanzebe on 13:05 - Nov 8 by pointofblue

I don’t think Tuanzebe will play on Saturday as it’s too much too soon, but it does make me wonder whether we could use more of a back three/wing back system whilst Burns and Broadhead are missing.

Hladky
Woolfenden - Tuanzebe - Burgess
Williams - Morsy - Luongo - Davis
Chaplin - Scarlett/Taylor
Hirst

Though hopefully we won’t be missing our starting wingers for much longer so perhaps it’s a moot point.

Broadhead may be back for Saturday and Burns will be back after the international break. Also not a fan of sacrificing an attacking player for a CB and disrupting what's made us so effective this season.

Tuanzebe on 13:14 - Nov 8 with 2455 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I thought he was excellent overall. Constantly involved, brave and accurate passing it out, good in the air and quick. On one of their breaks he left everyone for dead sprinting back.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Tuanzebe on 13:16 - Nov 8 with 2445 viewspointofblue

Tuanzebe on 13:09 - Nov 8 by Herbivore

Broadhead may be back for Saturday and Burns will be back after the international break. Also not a fan of sacrificing an attacking player for a CB and disrupting what's made us so effective this season.

I think our wing play has been far less effective without them. I love seeing Hutchinson, Harness and Jackson come off the bench to test tiring defences. Starting games…

Hopefully Broadhead will be back for Swansea - and hasn’t given the bug to anyone else!

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Tuanzebe on 13:29 - Nov 8 with 2407 viewsBigCommon

A fit Tanzebe, is hands down, our best CB. And one of the best in the division.... Let's hope Wolfy reacts well and finds another level with some decent competition for the RCB position... Aside from that, I'm glad we've got another decent RCB available. Previous to AT's squad inclusion, if LW was ill or injured, we were looking at a slight downgrade imo, to play that role..
The risk, is AT's injury history. But it would look like Fridge and JD days are numbered, with the emergence of Baggot and the addition of AT and Williams....
Tuanzebe on 13:45 - Nov 8 with 2350 viewsJ2BLUE

Tuanzebe on 09:58 - Nov 8 by DJR

Agree he found his feet quickly. Definitely a major asset having him in the squad.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Tuanzebe on 14:00 - Nov 8 with 2299 viewstractorboy1978

Tuanzebe on 13:29 - Nov 8 by BigCommon

A fit Tanzebe, is hands down, our best CB. And one of the best in the division.... Let's hope Wolfy reacts well and finds another level with some decent competition for the RCB position... Aside from that, I'm glad we've got another decent RCB available. Previous to AT's squad inclusion, if LW was ill or injured, we were looking at a slight downgrade imo, to play that role..
The risk, is AT's injury history. But it would look like Fridge and JD days are numbered, with the emergence of Baggot and the addition of AT and Williams....

Burgess is making it very hard to drop him but you'd think long term it is going to be Tuanzebe and Woolfy? McKenna has shown a couple of times this season that he doesn't mind playing two right footers.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2023 14:03]
Tuanzebe on 14:04 - Nov 8 with 2277 viewsHerbivore

Tuanzebe on 14:00 - Nov 8 by tractorboy1978

Burgess is making it very hard to drop him but you'd think long term it is going to be Tuanzebe and Woolfy? McKenna has shown a couple of times this season that he doesn't mind playing two right footers.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2023 14:03]

That's potentially a Prem pairing so you'd have to think that's the long term aim to partner the two of them together. Some people get very hung up on there needing to be a left and right footer at the back but there's loads of excellent CB pairings where that hasn't been the case.

Tuanzebe on 14:07 - Nov 8 with 2259 viewsOldFart71

Don't personally see why Baggott hasn't been given a chance as well. When he came on against Palace he looked assured and composed and whether they had a reserve team or not they are still a Division above us. If the other defenders are making mistakes then giving Baggott a go isn't going to be any great shakes, is it ?
Tuanzebe on 14:13 - Nov 8 with 2241 viewsfarkenhell

Tuanzebe on 14:07 - Nov 8 by OldFart71

Don't personally see why Baggott hasn't been given a chance as well. When he came on against Palace he looked assured and composed and whether they had a reserve team or not they are still a Division above us. If the other defenders are making mistakes then giving Baggott a go isn't going to be any great shakes, is it ?

Sorry, but in keeping with Ryorry's pedantry, I think you'll find it was Fulham, not Palace.
Tuanzebe on 14:23 - Nov 8 with 2204 viewsRonFearonsHair

Tuanzebe on 14:07 - Nov 8 by OldFart71

I wonder if Baggott might be lined up for a loan move in January now we have four senior centre backs and the likes of Ball as cover.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024