Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Be careful what you wish for.. 11:16 - Oct 4 with 1382 viewscordonblue

Packed out PR every week...
A young, talented and hungry group of players with a telepathic understanding on the pitch playing like 2011 barca at times...
A passionate ownership group with a real sense of direction and a desire to invest...
One of the brightest young managers in the country able to put together a bespoke gameplan every week all the while playing a fabulous brand of football and being a thoroughly decent bloke...
A team of great goal scorers and scorers of great goals...
Cup runs, wins on sky, wins after international breaks...
Relatable and inspirational set of players representing the club who we can all be proud of...
World famous singers pouring pints and singing in the dressing room...

I wonder if this is what we were meant to be careful in wishing for... not sure my brain could have even thought half of that up.

Absolute halcyon days for me as an Ipswich Town fan and I LOVE IT.
Be careful what you wish for.. on 11:20 - Oct 4 with 1332 viewsSitfcB

We did get relegated after that was said tbf.

I wish people would give that c**t Lambert some stick instead of MM getting it all.

People seem to gloss over from Mick going to Gamechanger and KM coming.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Be careful what you wish for.. on 11:21 - Oct 4 with 1326 viewsdavblue

there's been a lot of rubbish before what has happened the last coming up to 2 years.

If this happened directly after Mick, i could understand the 'be careful what you wish for' sentiment but we got relegated and had 2 years of dross!
[Post edited 4 Oct 2023 11:21]
Here we go... (n/t) on 11:21 - Oct 4 with 1306 viewsDyland

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Be careful what you wish for.. on 11:26 - Oct 4 with 1258 viewscordonblue

Be careful what you wish for.. on 11:20 - Oct 4 by SitfcB

I wish people would give that c**t Lambert some stick instead of MM getting it all.

Its more that's its just a useful comment and soundbite to show the difference between the club in those darks days and now
Be careful what you wish for.. on 11:27 - Oct 4 with 1257 viewsSuperblue95

Mick did make jibes at us after he left which is why I assume people still make comments like this back at him. But I don’t think he’s mentioned us in years so not sure why we should bother wasting time bringing him in to anything either.

It’s all very petty when we should just be enjoying how much better we currently are than at any point in over 15 years.

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Be careful what you wish for.. on 11:28 - Oct 4 with 1255 viewsHighgateBlue

MM deserves very little stick in my view. He consistently overachieved given our budget, and that is basically the definition of what you want in a manager.

Lambert should get stick, but his win percentage was better than Cook's, and he spent some time in the Championship against better teams, whereas Cook did not.

The fact that Cook was a decent bloke and smiley, and the fact that Lambert was grumpy and went full-on bad after the mad contract extension should not exempt Cook from his share of the blame.
Be careful what you wish for.. on 11:30 - Oct 4 with 1242 viewsSteve_M

It wasn't Mick McCarthy leaving the club that got us to where we are now, it was a takeover and a (comparably) large amount of money spent on players combined with an excellent managerial appointment after four appalling sh1te ones.

Evans was a far bigger problem than late-McCarthy at he club but because he hid behind the manager, even now we get this misplaced vitriol.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Be careful what you wish for.. on 11:31 - Oct 4 with 1227 viewsDyland

Be careful what you wish for.. on 11:27 - Oct 4 by Superblue95

Mick did make jibes at us after he left which is why I assume people still make comments like this back at him. But I don’t think he’s mentioned us in years so not sure why we should bother wasting time bringing him in to anything either.

It’s all very petty when we should just be enjoying how much better we currently are than at any point in over 15 years.

He made jibes while he was here!

Six of one and half a dozen of the other, and it was mind numbingly counterproductive how fans were singing how sh1t we were during games. At Carrot Rd when the home twits all joined in ffs.

Conversely... er, his football did become... well, really sh1t! He gets too much of a pass from some quarters, but if I was running the place he'd be welcome back whenever he liked.

Login to get fewer ads

Be careful what you wish for.. on 11:31 - Oct 4 with 1232 viewsFrimleyBlue

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Be careful what you wish for.. on 11:34 - Oct 4 with 1200 viewsSitfcB

Be careful what you wish for.. on 11:31 - Oct 4 by FrimleyBlue

Superb stuff, still.

He wasn’t wrong.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Be careful what you wish for.. on 11:34 - Oct 4 with 1207 viewsDyland

Be careful what you wish for.. on 11:31 - Oct 4 by FrimleyBlue

tbf the bloke was verbally abused outside of the "your football is sh1t" in games chant, quite abhorrently at one point. Evans owes him big time for doing the exact opposite Lambert did.

Be careful what you wish for.. on 11:36 - Oct 4 with 1182 viewsSuperblue95

Be careful what you wish for.. on 11:31 - Oct 4 by Dyland

He made jibes while he was here!

Six of one and half a dozen of the other, and it was mind numbingly counterproductive how fans were singing how sh1t we were during games. At Carrot Rd when the home twits all joined in ffs.

Conversely... er, his football did become... well, really sh1t! He gets too much of a pass from some quarters, but if I was running the place he'd be welcome back whenever he liked.

Think Mick should have gone at least a year before he did. Football was awful as you say and we were no longer fighting near the top of the league. Would have cut out all the toxicity and he’d be viewed in a more favourable light nowadays than he is by many, if he had.

But Evans was hopeless at running a club as we all know so allowed things to get as bad as they did.

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Be careful what you wish for.. on 11:37 - Oct 4 with 1166 viewsBlueBadger

Be careful what you wish for.. on 11:34 - Oct 4 by SitfcB

Superb stuff, still.

He wasn’t wrong.

Yes, but Lambert Made The Football Better.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Agreed ba (n/t) on 11:39 - Oct 4 with 1152 viewsDyland

Be careful what you wish for.. on 11:36 - Oct 4 by Superblue95

Think Mick should have gone at least a year before he did. Football was awful as you say and we were no longer fighting near the top of the league. Would have cut out all the toxicity and he’d be viewed in a more favourable light nowadays than he is by many, if he had.

But Evans was hopeless at running a club as we all know so allowed things to get as bad as they did.

Be careful what you wish for.. on 11:58 - Oct 4 with 1057 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Last two home games against Hull:

Both midweek.
Both 3-0 wins albeit different winners

That hysterical narcissist mccarthy gathering players on the pitch in front of more than half empty Portman Road and waffling some guff about the numbskulls. It was never his fault, never ever ! Someone else but him. Always a victim !

Last night ... what a contrast ! Like completely different planet. A group of hungry and motivated players as some of them had never played at this level before this season.
Be careful what you wish for.. on 12:08 - Oct 4 with 969 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

If Evans had remained even if we’d appointed a McKenna we’d still be in League One, hoping that Norwood and Sears would be able to stay fit for another season…
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024