Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Championship spends 20:16 - Aug 31 with 1061 viewsFrimleyBlue

With us only coming back into it this season. I've nit really paid attention to any champ signings the past few years.

For those that have.. these crazy spends of £10 mill etc. Are they the norm?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Championship spends on 20:30 - Aug 31 with 962 viewsburnbudgiesburn

Those type of buys are only available to clubs with parachute payments and clubs who have sold players to give themselves FFP headroom.

It's not the norm imo.

But it also shows how the relative overall value of our squad has increased simply through promotion. We are able to sell any of our players for far more than if the club were still in L1.
Championship spends on 20:34 - Aug 31 with 937 viewsSwansea_Blue

Championship spends on 20:30 - Aug 31 by burnbudgiesburn

Those type of buys are only available to clubs with parachute payments and clubs who have sold players to give themselves FFP headroom.

It's not the norm imo.

But it also shows how the relative overall value of our squad has increased simply through promotion. We are able to sell any of our players for far more than if the club were still in L1.

Quite right. It’s fairly common for relegated clubs with assets to sell, but absolutely not for other clubs. Quite a few clubs last year spent nothing if I remember rightly.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Championship spends on 20:50 - Aug 31 with 847 viewsZx1988

Championship spends on 20:34 - Aug 31 by Swansea_Blue

Quite right. It’s fairly common for relegated clubs with assets to sell, but absolutely not for other clubs. Quite a few clubs last year spent nothing if I remember rightly.

I took a look at spends towards the end of last season when we were discussing likely transfer targets.

If I remember correctly, very few clubs spent in excess of £1m on a single player last summer. Namely the three relegated sides, and one or two who had made big-money sales. I don't think anyone was spending even medium-sized amounts of money without the equivalent income from either parachute payments or player trading.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Championship spends on 21:23 - Aug 31 with 720 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Championship spends on 20:34 - Aug 31 by Swansea_Blue

Leicester n Southampton had high end premiership players!
Leeds spent massively!
So I’d say this is unusual!
Championship spends on 21:28 - Aug 31 with 690 viewsvilanovablue

Championship spends on 20:50 - Aug 31 by Zx1988

I took a look at spends towards the end of last season when we were discussing likely transfer targets.

If I remember correctly, very few clubs spent in excess of £1m on a single player last summer. Namely the three relegated sides, and one or two who had made big-money sales. I don't think anyone was spending even medium-sized amounts of money without the equivalent income from either parachute payments or player trading.

Worth adding some clubs sold for good money too, Piroe, Gyokeres and Hamer for example.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024