Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interesting game. No panic or overreaction! 17:24 - Aug 26 with 1636 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

But obviously just like all the good things we talk about after a win and an amazing run, it’s fair to discuss what went wrong and areas of the pitch you might be concerned about at this level. Excuse iPhone typos.

Overall I thought the first half a was a bit of a chance missed. Getting an early goal we had a great chance to see how Leeds would cope with a dodgy start to the season and being 1 down early. They’d have to come at was. Really need to settle on the ball and keep it tight for 15-20. The opposite happened. Defense done things you might get away with in league 1 but won’t against relegated sides. All three goals were disappointing. Can’t let a player do that for first goal! Wolfe got tight and then he walks through three of them. Second goal Clarke gave Hladky a tough ball to control and maybe booting out play was the move there. A good cross but you can’t let it bounce in the middle of your six yard box and poor defending by Davis. Third goal the less said the better. Clarke almost seemed to give up when the Leeds player cut inside got an easy easy shoot off and Hladky who in general has been excellent spilled it terribly. Got away with one at Sunderland not today. Smart saves second half though.

If we had a top quality Championship right wing back/winger I felt we would have been in business today. Burns got in some great positions but just a fraction to slow on the ball and then picking wrong options. There was so much for us in that first half, I wouldn’t say they were at sixes and sevens but they won’t coping with the ball into the gaps/flanks. People will always get defensive if you dare question a player who has done a lot for the club. Don’t get me wrong Burns has been brilliant for us but for me he just hasn’t got that extra bit of quality or composure at this level. I’m a bit concerned about the right in general.

A great time to score and fancied us second half to get something from the game. Thought Leeds were sitting a bit deep, if we got to 3-3 could have had great momentum but in truth they soaked it up well and got the 4th on the break.

Overall poor goals from our point of view and I’ve just highlighted a few disappointing elements after a defeat. But we had good spells in the game and plenty of positives. We will be fine at this level and with a few additions we can challenge for a decent top half finish.

[Post edited 26 Aug 2023 19:48]
Interesting game. No panic or overreaction! on 17:32 - Aug 26 with 1533 viewsHerbivore

The ten minute spell aside where we found ways to gift them three goals, I thought we did a lot well. Weird game, we could easily have had five ourselves with the chances we created but shows that the sides at this level who can stick £200m worth of talent out there aren't necessarily amazing but they will punish you if you switch off, which we did.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Interesting game. No panic or overreaction! on 17:33 - Aug 26 with 1529 viewsJ2BLUE

Only point I disagree with is the bit about their start to the season.

I don't think it would have made any difference. This was not the same Leeds. They had two of their best players back and a massive signing.

Was always going to be a reset game for them as soon as it was announced their players wre back and available for selection.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Interesting game. No panic or overreaction! on 17:37 - Aug 26 with 1508 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Interesting game. No panic or overreaction! on 17:32 - Aug 26 by Herbivore

The ten minute spell aside where we found ways to gift them three goals, I thought we did a lot well. Weird game, we could easily have had five ourselves with the chances we created but shows that the sides at this level who can stick £200m worth of talent out there aren't necessarily amazing but they will punish you if you switch off, which we did.

I don't disagree but we should have created more clear cut chances from the amount of times we got in behind them.
Interesting game. No panic or overreaction! on 17:39 - Aug 26 with 1480 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Interesting game. No panic or overreaction! on 17:33 - Aug 26 by J2BLUE

Only point I disagree with is the bit about their start to the season.

I don't think it would have made any difference. This was not the same Leeds. They had two of their best players back and a massive signing.

Was always going to be a reset game for them as soon as it was announced their players wre back and available for selection.

Maybe but they haven't won away in sometime and a lot of the players were still in the line up and pressure grows.
Interesting game. No panic or overreaction! on 17:42 - Aug 26 with 1439 viewsHerbivore

Interesting game. No panic or overreaction! on 17:37 - Aug 26 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I don't disagree but we should have created more clear cut chances from the amount of times we got in behind them.

We scored three and probably had another two or three good chances. I'd be interested to see the xG for the game, but I don't think our issue was a lack of cutting edge, it was some individual lapses that gave them pretty cheap goals.

Interesting game. No panic or overreaction! on 17:46 - Aug 26 with 1398 viewspointofblue

Interesting game. No panic or overreaction! on 17:42 - Aug 26 by Herbivore

We scored three and probably had another two or three good chances. I'd be interested to see the xG for the game, but I don't think our issue was a lack of cutting edge, it was some individual lapses that gave them pretty cheap goals.

Ipswich 1.99 - 1.37 Leeds

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Interesting game. No panic or overreaction! on 17:46 - Aug 26 with 1389 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Interesting game. No panic or overreaction! on 17:42 - Aug 26 by Herbivore

It was still an own goal and a mistake though first half. Need an extra bit of quality when in the positions per my original post.

Nothing to be overly concerned in terms of matching them just disappointing goals to concede of course.
Interesting game. No panic or overreaction! on 17:49 - Aug 26 with 1357 viewsHerbivore

Interesting game. No panic or overreaction! on 17:46 - Aug 26 by pointofblue

Ipswich 1.99 - 1.37 Leeds

Feels about right. Their second and third goals were tap ins and poor from us, but their first and fourth you probably see one of those go in every five goes and they scored both of them today. We had chances that were as good and didn't hit the target.

Login to get fewer ads

Interesting game. No panic or overreaction! on 18:05 - Aug 26 with 1290 viewsLankHenners

Think today showed the step up in terms of being punished for mistakes and not taking chances. From my view looked a brilliant chance for Burns to score at 1-0 but took far too long to sort his feet out. If it’s 2-0 there it’s a different game.

Then as you say can pick their first 3 goals apart - all pretty ropey defending/goalkeeping from our point of view.

Jackson did what he does well superbly but can also see how much Hirst helps us as the former just has no real technical ability on the ball.

Evident from today a couple more quality additions in forward areas and one at CB needed to push us from ‘competitive’ to ‘dangerous’.

Overall disappointing that we didn’t make them work very hard for their goals (though you could equally argue neither did we, certainly not the first two) but think we’ve proved we can score goals at this level and we’ll always be in with a chance in most matches.

6 days of the transfer window left Mr Ashton, get those stones unturned and reel that line in.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Interesting game. No panic or overreaction! on 18:10 - Aug 26 with 1230 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Interesting game. No panic or overreaction! on 18:05 - Aug 26 by LankHenners

Think today showed the step up in terms of being punished for mistakes and not taking chances. From my view looked a brilliant chance for Burns to score at 1-0 but took far too long to sort his feet out. If it’s 2-0 there it’s a different game.

Then as you say can pick their first 3 goals apart - all pretty ropey defending/goalkeeping from our point of view.

Jackson did what he does well superbly but can also see how much Hirst helps us as the former just has no real technical ability on the ball.

Evident from today a couple more quality additions in forward areas and one at CB needed to push us from ‘competitive’ to ‘dangerous’.

Overall disappointing that we didn’t make them work very hard for their goals (though you could equally argue neither did we, certainly not the first two) but think we’ve proved we can score goals at this level and we’ll always be in with a chance in most matches.

6 days of the transfer window left Mr Ashton, get those stones unturned and reel that line in.

Yep, if that ball feel to Broadhead it's likely 2-0. That was a good chance, on paper it's good defending but he was too slow. It's not to single him out as such, after all he played in League 1 for 6/7 years I believe and as I say has done great things for us and is clearly a top lad. It was just the main area of the pitch where I thought we had them beat today and could have been in business with some extra quality.
Interesting game. No panic or overreaction! on 18:12 - Aug 26 with 1211 viewsLeoMuff

Interesting game. No panic or overreaction! on 18:05 - Aug 26 by LankHenners

Thought we were naive today, needed to be much more solid at the back as they have some players going foward that look too good for the championship , but defensively they look very vulnerable.

Very poor goals to concede from our point of view though.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Interesting game. No panic or overreaction! on 18:15 - Aug 26 with 1176 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Interesting game. No panic or overreaction! on 18:12 - Aug 26 by LeoMuff

Thought we were naive today, needed to be much more solid at the back as they have some players going foward that look too good for the championship , but defensively they look very vulnerable.

Very poor goals to concede from our point of view though.

Hard to argue with that. We have yet to face a potent attack with that much pace though, well we had one player to contend with last week, this time it was more like 3 or 4.

Obviously disappointed with the keeping for the third but watching the replay, the ease in which creates space and has a sight at goal with a very basic cut inside was also not great.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2023 18:16]
Interesting game. No panic or overreaction! on 19:14 - Aug 26 with 988 viewsnodge_blue

I thought Burns had a good game and was a threat. He several times ran in behind their defence.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Interesting game. No panic or overreaction! on 19:16 - Aug 26 with 974 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Interesting game. No panic or overreaction! on 19:14 - Aug 26 by nodge_blue

I thought Burns had a good game and was a threat. He several times ran in behind their defence.

Yes and then what happened…?

The were weak down that flank and there to be exploited. Too slow in decision making and wasted opportunities.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024