Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"This window clearly going badly" 14:39 - Aug 24 with 3164 viewsBobbychase

This line from the news story should confirm what a lot of us have been saying in the past 48 hours. We have no idea what's going on behind the scenes.

"New Blues loan signing Brandon Williams says his move to Portman Road has been in the works for several weeks, the full-back having watched his new teammates in action on the opening day at Sunderland."

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

"This window clearly going badly" on 14:43 - Aug 24 with 3070 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

It’s weird there are such negative posters to be honest. Even if the volume of transfers incoming hasn’t been huge, it is quality we could only have dreamed of in the Evans era. Hirst or Drinan, Taylor or Douglas, Williams or Nsiala etc etc.
"This window clearly going badly" on 14:46 - Aug 24 with 3011 viewsTractorCam

Town fans will always be flouncing one way or another.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

"This window clearly going badly" on 14:47 - Aug 24 with 2982 viewsMullet

"This window clearly going badly" on 14:43 - Aug 24 by SuperKieranMcKenna

It’s weird there are such negative posters to be honest. Even if the volume of transfers incoming hasn’t been huge, it is quality we could only have dreamed of in the Evans era. Hirst or Drinan, Taylor or Douglas, Williams or Nsiala etc etc.

I don't think it is. Have you not met the general public?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

"This window clearly going badly" on 14:51 - Aug 24 with 2936 viewstextbackup

Fcking funny isn’t is… they’ll all back track tho

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

"This window clearly going badly" on 14:55 - Aug 24 with 2874 viewsHipsterectomy

Badly may be too strong but I doubt there's anybody on the recruitment side who wouldn't admit it's gone poorly/disappointingly

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

"This window clearly going badly" on 15:00 - Aug 24 with 2799 viewstextbackup

"This window clearly going badly" on 14:55 - Aug 24 by Hipsterectomy

Badly may be too strong but I doubt there's anybody on the recruitment side who wouldn't admit it's gone poorly/disappointingly

Who have we missed out on? That we know of…

Simms? Who went for about £8m, is that disappointing or just out of the question?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

"This window clearly going badly" on 15:02 - Aug 24 with 2784 viewsLankHenners

Does he play CB, attacking midfield and up front as well then?

Seems a good signing but there are other areas of priority we'd have wanted sorted by now, clock's ticking to get those deals done.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

"This window clearly going badly" on 15:09 - Aug 24 with 2722 viewsKieran_Knows

I don't think I've seen anyone particularly criticising Ashton, just simply bringing him up on his comments a few weeks ago about how it was important to improve the first 11 with the next 2-3 signings, and that those signings were 'down the line' to being completed.

Look, deals take time, I don't think anyone disputes that, and whether Williams is one of those 2-3 is another matter, but if he's going to come out with statements like that, then he's there to be shot at, IMO.

itfcJoe made a good post the other day of all the comments made by Ashton and McKenna since the end of last season, and I just can't imagine for one minute that this summer has gone as they have planned ... that being said of course, there is still a week to go, and hopefully we get deals over the line to keep us in a strong position between now and January.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Login to get fewer ads

"This window clearly going badly" on 15:21 - Aug 24 with 2596 viewsPhilTWTD

"This window clearly going badly" on 15:00 - Aug 24 by textbackup

Simms? Who went for about £8m, is that disappointing or just out of the question?

Simms went for an initial £3.5m!
"This window clearly going badly" on 15:47 - Aug 24 with 2443 viewsIllinoisblue

"This window clearly going badly" on 15:21 - Aug 24 by PhilTWTD

Simms went for an initial £3.5m!

Did you get the impression earlier in the season we’d be splashing that sort of fee?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

"This window clearly going badly" on 15:49 - Aug 24 with 2411 viewsPhilTWTD

"This window clearly going badly" on 15:47 - Aug 24 by Illinoisblue

Did you get the impression earlier in the season we’d be splashing that sort of fee?

When I mentioned that fee before the story became widespread it was dismissed as over the top, so I think we were anticipating it being rather lower.
"This window clearly going badly" on 15:54 - Aug 24 with 2366 viewsVegtablue

"This window clearly going badly" on 15:00 - Aug 24 by textbackup

McNally I'm guessing was the bruising loss from the club's perspective. Simms at £3.5m may have been too expensive - Coventry could have gone higher as well if we'd decided to compete. Reliable posters are confident we tried for Colby.

The feeling it has been a struggle derives in part from this article on 28th July:

Ashton: There'll Be at Least Two or Three More Coming In 28th Jul 2023 15:29
CEO Mark Ashton says he expects Town to make two or three more signings at least during this transfer window with a few “down the line”. 25

If we dismiss the interview as some form of negotiating ploy then we should likewise dismiss all Ashton's comments as white noise, because he is clear in his comments. A CB and ST on our list before this window closes and I think they'll be happy.
"This window clearly going badly" on 15:57 - Aug 24 with 2326 viewsCheltenham_Blue

"This window clearly going badly" on 15:49 - Aug 24 by PhilTWTD

When I mentioned that fee before the story became widespread it was dismissed as over the top, so I think we were anticipating it being rather lower.

Strikes me that we had a budget to stay within FFP and the Saudi money might have inflated the market.

If thats the case, we won't be the only side having to move onto other targets.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

"This window clearly going badly" on 16:30 - Aug 24 with 2082 viewsExiled2Surrey

"This window clearly going badly" on 15:49 - Aug 24 by PhilTWTD

And since the time of each of the deals for Simms and Hirst, I would suggest that the gap in value between the two has narrowed significantly
"This window clearly going badly" on 16:46 - Aug 24 with 1957 viewsPhilTWTD

"This window clearly going badly" on 16:30 - Aug 24 by Exiled2Surrey

And since the time of each of the deals for Simms and Hirst, I would suggest that the gap in value between the two has narrowed significantly

Hirst rather reduced his potential value by telling Leicester he wouldn't go anywhere other than here!
"This window clearly going badly" on 16:59 - Aug 24 with 1851 viewsTractorCam

"This window clearly going badly" on 15:54 - Aug 24 by Vegtablue

McNally I'm guessing was the bruising loss from the club's perspective. Simms at £3.5m may have been too expensive - Coventry could have gone higher as well if we'd decided to compete. Reliable posters are confident we tried for Colby.

The feeling it has been a struggle derives in part from this article on 28th July:

Ashton: There'll Be at Least Two or Three More Coming In 28th Jul 2023 15:29
CEO Mark Ashton says he expects Town to make two or three more signings at least during this transfer window with a few “down the line”. 25

If we dismiss the interview as some form of negotiating ploy then we should likewise dismiss all Ashton's comments as white noise, because he is clear in his comments. A CB and ST on our list before this window closes and I think they'll be happy.

CEO Mark Ashton says he expects Town to make two or three more signings at least during this transfer window with a few “down the line”.

That's over 30 days of time of article to make at least two signings. One more and Ashton and this article will be proven correct.

We repeat, flouncing.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

"This window clearly going badly" on 17:08 - Aug 24 with 1749 viewsBucklebury_blue

Why would you think the club have to keep you in the loop about every development in the tricky negotiations involved in buying/borrowing/signing players?
"This window clearly going badly" on 17:33 - Aug 24 with 1601 viewsVegtablue

"This window clearly going badly" on 16:59 - Aug 24 by TractorCam

CEO Mark Ashton says he expects Town to make two or three more signings at least during this transfer window with a few “down the line”.

That's over 30 days of time of article to make at least two signings. One more and Ashton and this article will be proven correct.

We repeat, flouncing.

What flouncing? Some odd posts flying about on here.

Objectives remain and there is time left in the window. Few posters on here are unhappy and those who are may be eternally so. A number of posters have echoed the voices of senior members of our own club, that the window has been frustrating and work remains to be done. Ashton and McKenna aren't flouncing; they may be overly ambitious in our first season back but I'd rather that than the opposite. If we don't achieve our objectives then we go with what we've got, with positivity and confidence.
"This window clearly going badly" on 18:13 - Aug 24 with 1456 viewsBlueBadger

"This window clearly going badly" on 14:55 - Aug 24 by Hipsterectomy

Hurst and Cook have made people a bit weird about transfers. We've got a squad that needs evolution, not revolution.

We've won 3 tricky league games on the bounce with essentially our first XI from last season.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024