Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jack Taylor - Top EFL Transfers of the Summer 14:28 - Jul 19 with 2449 viewsNTT20Pod

Hi TWTD! Today in the EFL Newsletter by NTT20 we published a piece on our favourite summer signings, and Jack Taylor is chosen as one of the six EFL signings we like the most.

Ever since Taylor was confirmed I've been itching to write down my thoughts, which you can read below:

https://www.ntt20.com/p/efl-transfer-window-6-signings-p1

With regards to the tactical fit, I've had some interesting discussions with ITFC Joe Fairs, who thinks JT will be used in a different role to how I imagine it. Whatever the case may be, McKenna will get it right and I can't wait to see him unleashed.

The EFL Newsletter by NTT20 is a publication dedicated to delivering EFL content - news, analysis, opinion, humour - straight into your inbox, rather than you have to trawl various websites/Twitter for EFL content (obviously TWTD has you covered for all things ITFC!)

There is a free subscription & also more content for paid subscribers (3x pieces a week minimum once the season starts). If you wanted to sign up, we're confident you will enjoy the product if you're a fan of the lower leagues.

Hope some of you enjoyed our part in the end of season 'Who Was The Best Team in L1 discussion'! And I hope some of you will enjoy our 1-24 podcasts 10 days or so.

Apologies if this sort of post/plug isn't the done thing, but I believe ITFC fans may be interested in a positive, neutral view on Taylor/ITFC. Wishing you all the best, Ali from NTT20
[Post edited 19 Jul 2023 14:44]
No problem with the plug as long as admin dont mind on 14:31 - Jul 19 with 2367 viewsDyland

I like this kind of thing.

To be an Eeyore though... the transfer window has barely got going... this is emblematic of online society.

Everybody calm down and slow up, man.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

(No subject) on 14:42 - Jul 19 with 2238 viewsNTT20Pod

No problem with the plug as long as admin dont mind on 14:31 - Jul 19 by Dyland

I like this kind of thing.

To be an Eeyore though... the transfer window has barely got going... this is emblematic of online society.

Everybody calm down and slow up, man.

Thanks, and a fair point. Although the title of the piece is EFL transfers we love *so far* this summer - Part 1

More to come as the window progresses but nice to discuss some early deals as by end of the window they are well in the rearview mirror!
Yeh man on 14:59 - Jul 19 with 2075 viewsDyland

(No subject) on 14:42 - Jul 19 by NTT20Pod

Thanks, and a fair point. Although the title of the piece is EFL transfers we love *so far* this summer - Part 1

More to come as the window progresses but nice to discuss some early deals as by end of the window they are well in the rearview mirror!

Not a criticism specifically of you and your pod whatsoever, twas a general observation about the state of it all, from a cynical pessimistic and miserable sod :)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Jack Taylor - Top EFL Transfers of the Summer on 15:16 - Jul 19 with 1971 viewsKropotkin123

Really like the podcast.

Our formation has been a discussion point for pretty much the whole of McKenna's reign. I see us as having
- 1 Striker (Hirst) and 3 forwards (Broadhead, Chaplin, Burns).
- The central forward (Chaplin) is primarily there to drop into spaces and get goals when people cut the ball back.
- The left forward (Broadhead) is expected to take up a attacking mid position at times. But often is in a more advanced position as Davis (LB/LWB) has excellent delivery.
- The right forward (Burns) plays more as a winger, really hugging the line and stretching people. He has a great running ability, so performs more of a defensive role when Davis is so advanced on the left.
- The shape of these forwards changes when different players with different strengths come on. If Edwards came on for Broadhead, then he'd hug the line more in a left wing position, as he is very strong at taking on a player and therefore doesn't need to be as advanced. He also has less of an eye for goal and more of an eye for an assist, or getting wiped out for a penalty.

For the right-sided forward, we are rumoured to be chasing Rak-Sakyi on loan. So I don't expect our formation to change, Broadhead was signed in the summer, Chaplin was our player of the year, and why get in Rak-Sakyi if you are dropping a forward? Instead I expect players to change the nuances of the formation.

It is widely thought that we won't have as much of the ball, so having two defensive midfielders is seen as a limitation as we go up into the Championship. We need a midfielder who is happier carrying the ball and more comfortable coming onto shots when Chaplin has dragged defenders further forward. I think Taylor is seen as that player.

I also don't think Camera would have gone out on loan if Taylor wasn't providing that from centre mid.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2023 15:19]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Jack Taylor - Top EFL Transfers of the Summer on 15:25 - Jul 19 with 1898 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

The podcast is exceptional and I will be sure to sign up to the paid stuff.

Really happy with the Taylor signing, seems a very intelligent footballer from watching his highlights. Makes really well timed runs, full of energy, someone Mckenna can really work with and develop. Seemed to hit a whole new level under Ferguson, hopefully he can carry that on with us.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2023 15:25]

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Jack Taylor - Top EFL Transfers of the Summer on 22:09 - Jul 19 with 1382 viewsNTT20Pod

Jack Taylor - Top EFL Transfers of the Summer on 15:25 - Jul 19 by TRUE_BLUE123

The podcast is exceptional and I will be sure to sign up to the paid stuff.

Really happy with the Taylor signing, seems a very intelligent footballer from watching his highlights. Makes really well timed runs, full of energy, someone Mckenna can really work with and develop. Seemed to hit a whole new level under Ferguson, hopefully he can carry that on with us.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2023 15:25]

Thank you, appreciate that so much. Looking forward to visiting PR this season.. if I can get a ticket!
Jack Taylor - Top EFL Transfers of the Summer on 22:35 - Jul 19 with 1246 viewsSimonds92

Our formation is pretty unconventional as it stands. I cant see that we will drop one our attacking players for Taylor to play. He will likely look to be playing in the Luongo role, as a more dynamic box to box player, although that seems extremely harsh on Luongo. He can potentially interchange with Chaplin and play the 10 as he did for Posh in the playoff semi 1st leg but if he's on it like he was last season, Chaplin would be undroppable.
How well did Jack Taylor play today and what position did he have? (n/t) on 22:42 - Jul 19 with 1211 viewsunstableblue

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Login to get fewer ads

Jack Taylor - Top EFL Transfers of the Summer on 09:12 - Jul 20 with 842 viewsCityBlue

I am going to say you missed out Rhyss Healey to Watford. This guy was sensational in France until his ACL injury. Expect him to be leading the tp goal scorers chart at some point.

I T I D

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024