Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Iran 21:50 - Dec 12 with 4324 viewsMullet

I'd say it's shocking but it's not

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Iran on 22:07 - Dec 12 with 3856 viewsGuthrum

The risk is that the Basji/Revolutionary Guard (perhaps with Russian* help) will go full-on repressive and crush the protests with open lethal force.

* Moscow can't afford to see one of its major allies and arms suppliers collapse.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Iran on 22:10 - Dec 12 with 3825 viewsSwansea_Blue

Disgusting. I see there’s also a campaign to get a doctor freed who’s been sentenced to death (falsely, allegedly) just because he spoke out. Years back we did a bit of work in Iran. Seems like they’ve gone downhill since then. Kudos to those who are speaking out - takes massive guts.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Iran on 23:15 - Dec 12 with 3692 viewsjeera

There were always going to be consequences for displaying displeasure at their government so publicly, which makes the stance he and others have taken so brave.

Were do you even start with this madness? So backward and inward thinking it doesn't seem real.

You have to wonder if the loons in charge actually believe in half the sh1t they push or whether it really is just a means of control. Probably a sizeable element of both.

Why do countries such as Iran want to compete on the world stage in sport? It cannot be for diplomatic interests when they are so openly oppressive.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Iran on 23:48 - Dec 12 with 3635 viewsChurchman

Iran on 23:15 - Dec 12 by jeera

There were always going to be consequences for displaying displeasure at their government so publicly, which makes the stance he and others have taken so brave.

Were do you even start with this madness? So backward and inward thinking it doesn't seem real.

You have to wonder if the loons in charge actually believe in half the sh1t they push or whether it really is just a means of control. Probably a sizeable element of both.

Why do countries such as Iran want to compete on the world stage in sport? It cannot be for diplomatic interests when they are so openly oppressive.

It’s just a means of control. Control is power. Power over everything from thought to peoples’ lives. Warped people, all of them, but there is far to many of them in this world.

Those that speak out, whether it’s a Russian journalist with a placard, a student in front of a tank or people in Iran, they are incredibly brave. Amazing people. I don’t know how they summon the courage.

Where do you start in dealing with these states? I don’t know. Maybe stop trading with them? Isolate them? Support those who are pushing against them with resources? Weedy suggestions, but standing by has happened on far too many occasions.
Iran on 00:16 - Dec 13 with 3585 viewsXYZ

Iran on 23:48 - Dec 12 by Churchman

It’s just a means of control. Control is power. Power over everything from thought to peoples’ lives. Warped people, all of them, but there is far to many of them in this world.

Those that speak out, whether it’s a Russian journalist with a placard, a student in front of a tank or people in Iran, they are incredibly brave. Amazing people. I don’t know how they summon the courage.

Where do you start in dealing with these states? I don’t know. Maybe stop trading with them? Isolate them? Support those who are pushing against them with resources? Weedy suggestions, but standing by has happened on far too many occasions.

Not ceasing producing penicillin because China are cheaper would seem a bit obvious ...
Iran on 06:57 - Dec 13 with 3355 viewsbobbyramsey

"Years back we did a bit of work in Iran. Seems like they’ve gone downhill since then."

The more liberal the world has become (most of it) the more Iran appears to "double down."
Iran on 09:32 - Dec 13 with 3148 viewsGuthrum

Iran on 06:57 - Dec 13 by bobbyramsey

"Years back we did a bit of work in Iran. Seems like they’ve gone downhill since then."

The more liberal the world has become (most of it) the more Iran appears to "double down."

Of course. Gives the rectionary leadership a target to rail against.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Iran on 17:19 - Dec 13 with 2938 viewsjeera

Young chap, only 23, was hanged yesterday for daring to protest. They're far from alone by the looks of it:

https://chng.it/vdwTz9YZm9

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

Iran on 17:38 - Dec 13 with 2912 viewsEireannach_gorm

Iran on 17:19 - Dec 13 by jeera

Young chap, only 23, was hanged yesterday for daring to protest. They're far from alone by the looks of it:

https://chng.it/vdwTz9YZm9

Two 15yr olds!
Iran on 07:54 - Dec 14 with 2730 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

They are a vile regime and have been for some time. Reminder that Saint Jeremy took money from the Iranian state to appear on TV.
Iran on 13:26 - Dec 14 with 2512 viewsitfc_bucks

Iran on 07:54 - Dec 14 by SuperKieranMcKenna

They are a vile regime and have been for some time. Reminder that Saint Jeremy took money from the Iranian state to appear on TV.

If you want to go down that particular route, shall we look at the flow of Roubles towards the Tory party?
Iran on 14:43 - Dec 14 with 2434 viewsXYZ

Iran on 13:26 - Dec 14 by itfc_bucks

If you want to go down that particular route, shall we look at the flow of Roubles towards the Tory party?

... and Farage.
Iran on 14:51 - Dec 14 with 2406 viewsjaykay

yeah but he is not a tory ,he stopped when his hero stopped funny enough

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Iran on 15:10 - Dec 14 with 2395 viewsRadlett_blue

The real question is what does, or should, the rest of the world, particularly the developed West, do about such states?
Boycott them? Try to encourage/foment revolution?
These things become tied into global geo-politics e.g. Iran has long been an ally of Russia, as a counterweight to USA or "The Great Satan".

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Iran on 16:16 - Dec 14 with 2344 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

I think that’s quite well documented on here and widely criticised, whereas Jezza tends to get a few pass. One does not excuse the other…
[Post edited 14 Dec 2022 16:19]
Iran on 16:21 - Dec 14 with 2323 viewsXYZ

Iran on 16:16 - Dec 14 by SuperKieranMcKenna

I think that’s quite well documented on here and widely criticised, whereas Jezza tends to get a few pass. One does not excuse the other…
[Post edited 14 Dec 2022 16:19]

One wasn't the elected government.

Is there a Baron Tehran or just a Baron Siberia?
Iran on 16:21 - Dec 14 with 2325 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Iran on 15:10 - Dec 14 by Radlett_blue

The real question is what does, or should, the rest of the world, particularly the developed West, do about such states?
Boycott them? Try to encourage/foment revolution?
These things become tied into global geo-politics e.g. Iran has long been an ally of Russia, as a counterweight to USA or "The Great Satan".

They are heavily sanctioned and certainly been hit in terms of oil exports. That said their great enemy Saudi Arabia seems to do quite nicely with a similarly poor outlook on human rights (not to mention Yemen.
Iran on 16:23 - Dec 14 with 2291 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Iran on 16:21 - Dec 14 by XYZ

One wasn't the elected government.

Is there a Baron Tehran or just a Baron Siberia?

He would have been in government had he not been less popular than Teresa May…
Iran on 16:28 - Dec 14 with 2276 viewsXYZ

Iran on 16:23 - Dec 14 by SuperKieranMcKenna

He would have been in government had he not been less popular than Teresa May…

He's in the past - what's the obsession?

Who has actually harmed the country? Corbyn?
Iran on 16:44 - Dec 14 with 2241 viewsGlasgowBlue

Iran on 14:51 - Dec 14 by jaykay

yeah but he is not a tory ,he stopped when his hero stopped funny enough

He's gone from my alter id to my hero. Your powers of deduction aren't what they used to be.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Iran on 16:45 - Dec 14 with 2239 viewsGlasgowBlue

Can't we just condemn both?

Iron Lion Zion

Iran on 21:06 - Dec 14 with 2126 viewsitfc_bucks

Iran on 16:45 - Dec 14 by GlasgowBlue

Indeed, but proportionality is a thing. Corbyn never realistically got anywhere near power.

And a few appearances on Iranian TV is a far cry from what's been going on in the shadows around CCHQ.
Iran on 22:37 - Dec 14 with 1969 viewsChurchman

Iran on 16:45 - Dec 14 by GlasgowBlue

I condemn anyone who takes money from those places and people, whether in public life or not.

For me, there’s no one is worse than the other, whataboutery or anything else. There’s a line in my world. Stay behind it or up to it, fine, cross it and you’re finished. Who am I to dictate standards? Nobody. It’s just a view and a rule I’ve always lived by..
Iran on 07:20 - Dec 15 with 1853 viewsGlasgowBlue

Iran on 21:06 - Dec 14 by itfc_bucks

Indeed, but proportionality is a thing. Corbyn never realistically got anywhere near power.

And a few appearances on Iranian TV is a far cry from what's been going on in the shadows around CCHQ.

It annoys me to see Corbyn’s work with Iranian State Tv as just a few appearances. He was paid tens of thousands of Lunda by the Iranian state to promote their propaganda.

During his time in the station he engaged in antisemitic conspiracies, congratulated terrorists on their release from prison (calling them brothers and questioning why they were in Prison in the first place, despite them being responsible for the deaths of over 600 people, including ten schoolchildren and a British Rabbi), praised the Iranian regime for its “inclusivity, tolerance and acceptance”.

Whilst he was shilling for the Iranian state, they were cracking down on legitimate protest and Press TV was banned by ofcom in the UK for its part in filming the detention and torture of an Iranian journalist.

As for Corbyn getting nowhere near power, we are constantly told how he nearly won the 2017 general election.

Defending Corbyn by shouting Whatabouttery at the Tories is no excuse. Boris Johnson is a loathsome individual who who took money from Russian donors should have been nowhere near number 10. Jeremy Corbyn is a loathsome individual who took money from the Iranian state and should have been nowhere near number 10. Neither statement is mutually exclusive.

Iron Lion Zion

Iran on 21:51 - Dec 15 with 1696 viewsGlasgowBlue

If the devil should cast his net.

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024