Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jack Grealish vs shinpads 11:04 - Nov 23 with 1490 viewsGeoffSentence

Jack Grealish takes an awful lot of hits to his shins as a result of the way he plays, yet he wears the tiniest of shinpads and as low as he can.

Does he have shins made of titanium or is just a bit stoopid?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Jack Grealish vs shinpads on 11:07 - Nov 23 with 1468 viewsMattinLondon

If his coaches thought that he was taking too much of a risk then I’m sure he would have been instructed to wear bigger shin pads. Also the medical teams at both Man City and England would have had a word with him.
Jack Grealish vs shinpads on 11:10 - Nov 23 with 1452 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

The shinpads still cover his shins, which is the point.

Think it's a superstition thing (and probably a comfort thing) isn't it?
Might even help him get freekicks!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Jack Grealish vs shinpads on 11:16 - Nov 23 with 1428 viewsronnyd

Jack Grealish vs shinpads on 11:10 - Nov 23 by The_Flashing_Smile

I remember when grass roots players used to use those little Readers Digest books down their socks.
Jack Grealish vs shinpads on 11:19 - Nov 23 with 1419 viewsGeoffSentence

They cover a bit of his shins, but leave a lot exposed. Which, when you get clattered in the shins every game, does not seem......sensible.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Jack Grealish vs shinpads on 11:25 - Nov 23 with 1405 viewsfarkenhell

Is that right? Whilst watching a slow-mo during the Iran game, I'm sure his socks were half way between his knee and ankle. At the time, I said to my son that he wasn't wearing any shin pads (I didn't know about the tiny ones). I can't decide whether he is being brave or plain stupid!
Jack Grealish vs shinpads on 11:26 - Nov 23 with 1401 viewsfarkenhell

Jack Grealish vs shinpads on 11:07 - Nov 23 by MattinLondon

If his coaches thought that he was taking too much of a risk then I’m sure he would have been instructed to wear bigger shin pads. Also the medical teams at both Man City and England would have had a word with him.

You'd hope that is right, although why take the risk?
Jack Grealish vs shinpads on 11:36 - Nov 23 with 1385 viewstonybied

It probably helps him to feel the slightest touch by a defender so he can drop like he's been hit by a sniper.
Jack Grealish vs shinpads on 11:38 - Nov 23 with 1368 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Jack Grealish vs shinpads on 11:25 - Nov 23 by farkenhell

Is that right? Whilst watching a slow-mo during the Iran game, I'm sure his socks were half way between his knee and ankle. At the time, I said to my son that he wasn't wearing any shin pads (I didn't know about the tiny ones). I can't decide whether he is being brave or plain stupid!

He wear's children's shinpads.

Login to get fewer ads

Jack Grealish vs shinpads on 11:39 - Nov 23 with 1362 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Jack Grealish vs shinpads on 11:19 - Nov 23 by GeoffSentence

They cover a bit of his shins, but leave a lot exposed. Which, when you get clattered in the shins every game, does not seem......sensible.

Anyone who's ever been kicked in the shins knows all about it, so I'd suggest they're doing their job otherwise he wouldn't do it!

Jack Grealish vs shinpads on 11:42 - Nov 23 with 1346 viewsclive_baker

Probably finds larger ones too annoying & restrictive. When his game is all about his quick feet and from a young age he's got used to be hacked down.

Wasn't long ago that defenders used to wear ones with those big old ones with ankle protector bits on them that strapped around the bottom of your foot. I've always been a slip in guy and can 100% see where JG is coming from, you don't want the shin pad anywhere near your knee or ankle.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Jack Grealish vs shinpads on 12:55 - Nov 23 with 1258 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

Jack Grealish vs shinpads on 11:42 - Nov 23 by clive_baker

Probably finds larger ones too annoying & restrictive. When his game is all about his quick feet and from a young age he's got used to be hacked down.

Wasn't long ago that defenders used to wear ones with those big old ones with ankle protector bits on them that strapped around the bottom of your foot. I've always been a slip in guy and can 100% see where JG is coming from, you don't want the shin pad anywhere near your knee or ankle.

I had a good laugh with a young whippersnapper in the Nike shop last time I went shin pad shopping. He assured me that they don't make "old fashioned" pads anymore and tried to sell me on the little dainty ones. I said I can't wear them and take myself seriously as a tough tackling enforcer. I ended up getting some at Adidas and the next time I went in the Nike shop he approached me to ask if I'd been successful in buying antique pads. He'll go far that boy.

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

Jack Grealish vs shinpads on 13:23 - Nov 23 with 1189 viewsBluebell

https://bitterandblue.sbnation.com/2022/2/23/22946653/costly-superstition-jack-g
Jack Grealish vs shinpads on 13:50 - Nov 23 with 1117 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Jack Grealish vs shinpads on 13:23 - Nov 23 by Bluebell

https://bitterandblue.sbnation.com/2022/2/23/22946653/costly-superstition-jack-g

The author of that acts like he knows better than a professional (Premier and England) player, not to mention the medical and fitness staff of one of the biggest clubs in the world. If they thought a £100m player was endangering himself (and their asset) I'm pretty sure they'd be insisting on proper pads.

Jack Grealish vs shinpads on 13:58 - Nov 23 with 1111 viewsRyorry

Jack Grealish vs shinpads on 13:23 - Nov 23 by Bluebell

Blogger Emmanuel Odey = "bitter and blue" indeed! (albeit understandably).

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024