Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is this the first season in many where we all genuinely.. 13:31 - Sep 14 with 1212 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

BELIEVE!

I feel like we actually have something here that would be exciting even in the division above if we can get there. It’s a young talented squad, led by a manager who’s going to be at the top table one day, playing lovely passing football. Who knows where the ceiling is.

Huge game Saturday. And then again the Sunday after at Plymouth. And then again the Saturday after against Pompey. Every team we’ve played have been impressed with us so far but the nagging doubts from elsewhere are that we haven’t played a top team just yet. A win Saturday backed by 3000+ away in a big stadium against a title contender would be absolutely enormous.

I don’t think I’m exaggerating when I say Saturday is the biggest game we’ve had since being relegated

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Is this the first season in many where we all genuinely.. on 13:41 - Sep 14 with 1170 viewsSwansea_Blue

It is for me. We’ve had some good starts in the last few years, but this is different gravy. We’re a proper, well-drilled team, the squad has depth and strength, the mentality, preparation and fitness all seem spot on, we’ve got players who can run a game.

And the mood throughout is better. We’ve got invested owners, management and playing staff. All seemingly engaged and on the same page.

I hope that hasn’t cursed it, but things feel very different. This feels like Burley’s time.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Is this the first season in many where we all genuinely.. on 13:46 - Sep 14 with 1136 viewsDarkHorse

We're the real deal.

Believe it and enjoy the ride.
Is this the first season in many where we all genuinely.. on 13:52 - Sep 14 with 1121 viewshomer_123

We are looking the part at the moment.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Is this the first season in many where we all genuinely.. on 13:52 - Sep 14 with 1122 viewsBiGDonnie

Agreed, massive game Saturday. I can see us winning but would take a draw.

COYBs

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

As far as I'm concerned.... on 13:53 - Sep 14 with 1126 viewsBloots

....the season starts Saturday.

If you look at the results so far this season, in isolation you'd expect nothing less than we have got so far - albeit we would have undoubtedly lost some of those games in previous years.

Get through the next 3 games unbeaten, hopefully with 5 or 7 (or 9!) points and......

.....even I might start to BELIEVE.

AKA - "Elite Pete"

Is this the first season in many where we all genuinely.. on 13:56 - Sep 14 with 1115 viewsMattinLondon

Is this the first season in many where we all genuinely.. on 13:52 - Sep 14 by BiGDonnie

Agreed, massive game Saturday. I can see us winning but would take a draw.

COYBs

Just had a very quick read of the Sheff Weds forum - some on there think that we’ve had a very easy opening set of fixtures and that we are in for a surprise.
Is this the first season in many where we all genuinely.. on 14:13 - Sep 14 with 1045 viewsBiGDonnie

Is this the first season in many where we all genuinely.. on 13:56 - Sep 14 by MattinLondon

Just had a very quick read of the Sheff Weds forum - some on there think that we’ve had a very easy opening set of fixtures and that we are in for a surprise.

Let's hope the Wednesday players think the same and we could be in for a great away day. What site you looking at, I want a nose now...

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Is this the first season in many where we all genuinely.. on 14:21 - Sep 14 with 1011 viewsLankHenners

Is this the first season in many where we all genuinely.. on 13:56 - Sep 14 by MattinLondon

Anytime an EFL or other football account tweets something about us being good you always get Wednesday and Portsmouth fans in the comments saying we're only where we are because we haven't played anyone good yet.

Would be very satisfying to get a good points haul from these next 3 fixtures.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Login to get fewer ads

Is this the first season in many where we all genuinely.. on 14:36 - Sep 14 with 961 viewsIpswichRising

Correct me if I am wrong, but, the only team that we have played this year that have tried to play football against us were MK Dons, and we beat them rather comfortably; I can see all of our next 3 opponents also trying to play football and this could ultimately be there downfall.
Is this the first season in many where we all genuinely.. on 14:42 - Sep 14 with 921 viewsFrimleyBlue

Funny how some think league 1 fixtures are easy.
We beat wycombe 4 - 1 but couldn't be a bottom 3 side last season. Derby haven't won an away game yet. Etc

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Is this the first season in many where we all genuinely.. on 14:47 - Sep 14 with 900 viewsdirtyboy

They're not wrong in that respect.

They beat Bolton whereas we drew and they stuffed FGR 5-0, but then lost to Barnsley who we drew with, but they drew with Portsmouth.

We've played 5 of the bottom 7 and admittedly won all, but then drew with Bolton and Barnsley and the win outside of the bottom teams was against Shrewsbury.

Portsmouth's and Plymouth's results appear, on paper to be the best, but it's just too early to work it out.

I don't think we'll be top come Saturday, I think we'll do well to win away at SW and I don't think Plymouth v Portsmouth will be a draw.

Back in our hands the week after though.

3 points from the next 3 games would keep us in the mix, hope for 1D 1W 1W as good scenario and 2 wins would be top stuff.
Is this the first season in many where we all genuinely.. on 14:48 - Sep 14 with 893 viewsBlueBadger

Is this the first season in many where we all genuinely.. on 14:36 - Sep 14 by IpswichRising

Correct me if I am wrong, but, the only team that we have played this year that have tried to play football against us were MK Dons, and we beat them rather comfortably; I can see all of our next 3 opponents also trying to play football and this could ultimately be there downfall.

It may even be their downfall, as well.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Is this the first season in many where we all genuinely.. on 14:50 - Sep 14 with 855 viewsMattinLondon

Is this the first season in many where we all genuinely.. on 14:13 - Sep 14 by BiGDonnie

Let's hope the Wednesday players think the same and we could be in for a great away day. What site you looking at, I want a nose now...

https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/
Is this the first season in many where we all genuinely.. on 14:58 - Sep 14 with 771 viewsBlueBadger

Is this the first season in many where we all genuinely.. on 14:50 - Sep 14 by MattinLondon

I always read that web address as 'Owl Stalk'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Is this the first season in many where we all genuinely.. on 15:18 - Sep 14 with 708 viewsBlueandTruesince82

I believe nothing until Feb.. agree with much of what is said but been burnt too many times before so if we are there come Feb I'll be getting excited

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Is this the first season in many where we all genuinely.. on 16:07 - Sep 14 with 616 viewsKropotkin123

Is this the first season in many where we all genuinely.. on 14:50 - Sep 14 by MattinLondon

Funny how some of them are just thinking "easy fixtures". Football doesn't work like that. These teams will take points off others throughout the season. For example, Shrewsbury have taken points off two promotion hopefuls - Wycombe (3) and Derby (1).

In previous years we would have dropped points when playing badly (first half against Burton) or not seen out some games (Accrington).

I'm not arrogant, I just find it odd that they feel because they picked up 1 point from Peterborough, Barnsley and Portsmouth, they feel they are somehow "battle-hardened". If that was Ipswich, I'd be questioning if we had the enough about us to take on the league's better teams. Going away to Accrington, getting kicked for 90m, dealing with their gamesmanship, and coming away with 3 points is what I appreciate as being battle-hardened.
[Post edited 14 Sep 2022 16:08]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024