Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No confidence vote IMMINENT 06:34 - Jun 6 with 5657 viewsSitfcB

[Post edited 6 Jun 2022 6:36]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

No confidence vote IMMINENT on 07:04 - Jun 6 with 2816 viewsGlasgowBlue

Would be better after the Wakefield by-election ‘cause he’d definitely lose. If it happens this week and he just scrapes through then he can’t be challenged for another year.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

No confidence vote IMMINENT on 07:38 - Jun 6 with 2710 viewsPlums

No confidence vote IMMINENT on 07:04 - Jun 6 by GlasgowBlue

Would be better after the Wakefield by-election ‘cause he’d definitely lose. If it happens this week and he just scrapes through then he can’t be challenged for another year.

Unless they change the rules but of course, they’ll suddenly find rules and regs to be very important things…

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

No confidence vote IMMINENT on 07:52 - Jun 6 with 2677 viewsSitfcB

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

No confidence vote IMMINENT on 08:13 - Jun 6 with 2590 viewsEastTownBlue

Today …

No confidence vote IMMINENT on 08:15 - Jun 6 with 2571 viewsGlasgowBlue

Iron Lion Zion

No confidence vote IMMINENT on 08:17 - Jun 6 with 2558 viewsWhos_blue

No confidence vote IMMINENT on 08:13 - Jun 6 by EastTownBlue

Today …

Please.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

No confidence vote IMMINENT on 08:21 - Jun 6 with 2539 viewstractordownsouth

VONC confirmed tonight. There are 361 MPs

I’m going to say Johnson wins 203-158. The more long-standing MPs who only voted for him because of his election-winning ability will want to get rid but there are enough ERG members and 2019-intake sycophants to carry him through.

From the perspective of wanting a Labour government, a narrow win for Johnson would be the best outcome.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

No confidence vote IMMINENT on 08:21 - Jun 6 with 2538 viewsDubtractor

This letter is quietly devastating.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Login to get fewer ads

No confidence vote IMMINENT on 08:23 - Jun 6 with 2516 viewsGuthrum

No confidence vote IMMINENT on 08:21 - Jun 6 by tractordownsouth

VONC confirmed tonight. There are 361 MPs

I’m going to say Johnson wins 203-158. The more long-standing MPs who only voted for him because of his election-winning ability will want to get rid but there are enough ERG members and 2019-intake sycophants to carry him through.

From the perspective of wanting a Labour government, a narrow win for Johnson would be the best outcome.

Some of the 2019 intake, especially the Red Wallers, are getting worried about the security of their seats with Johnson's unpopularity.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

No confidence vote IMMINENT on 08:28 - Jun 6 with 2479 viewsMatterhorn

No confidence vote IMMINENT on 08:17 - Jun 6 by Whos_blue

Please.

Don’t get too excited, this stinks of another stitch up, all weekend we’ve heard there’s not enough letters now overnight there is, he will get through before the by-elections, it’s rigged for him to stay in I’m afraid
No confidence vote IMMINENT on 08:29 - Jun 6 with 2471 viewsCaptainAhab

No confidence vote IMMINENT on 08:21 - Jun 6 by Dubtractor

Quietly devastating is all well and good, however I think it's time for loudly, violently, apocalyptically devastating, to make sure Boris can't keep his fingers in his ears
No confidence vote IMMINENT on 08:29 - Jun 6 with 2468 viewsButterbing

I’ve emailed my local MP making my feelings very clear on the matter. I doubt it will influence him but I guess it’s the only power we have.
No confidence vote IMMINENT on 08:31 - Jun 6 with 2458 viewsSteve_M

I can't see that 12 month rule lasting any longer than it would have done had Theresa May nor resigned when she did.

Narrow win but one more step towards a slow political death. I'll go for 160 voting against.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

No confidence vote IMMINENT on 08:32 - Jun 6 with 2453 viewsXYZ

No confidence vote IMMINENT on 08:28 - Jun 6 by Matterhorn

Don’t get too excited, this stinks of another stitch up, all weekend we’ve heard there’s not enough letters now overnight there is, he will get through before the by-elections, it’s rigged for him to stay in I’m afraid

His staying is good for Labour but bad for the country.

All he's got going for him is the lack of an alternative.

Fingers crossed that they do the deed.
No confidence vote IMMINENT on 08:33 - Jun 6 with 2441 viewsXYZ

No confidence vote IMMINENT on 08:31 - Jun 6 by Steve_M

I can't see that 12 month rule lasting any longer than it would have done had Theresa May nor resigned when she did.

Narrow win but one more step towards a slow political death. I'll go for 160 voting against.

Indeed. This is the tory party. Rules are rules until they are changed.

May was told to go "or the rules will be changed".
No confidence vote IMMINENT on 08:37 - Jun 6 with 2418 viewstractordownsouth

No confidence vote IMMINENT on 08:23 - Jun 6 by Guthrum

Some of the 2019 intake, especially the Red Wallers, are getting worried about the security of their seats with Johnson's unpopularity.

Of those who have publicly called for his resignation, very few are from 2019. Some will no doubt be getting annoyed but most of his most vocal defenders (Brendan Clarke-Smith, Lee Anderson, Jonathan Gullis, Mark Jenkinson etc) are first-term MPs.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

It is, of course, a vote of confidence…. on 08:39 - Jun 6 with 2414 viewsBloots

…..rather than a vote of no confidence.

He’ll win, and then claim that he has the confidence of the party and the electorate, his opponents will claim the opposite.

We will then have another year of bickering and childish sniping and counter sniping.

Nothing will change.

They should have waited until after the by-elections.

Our political parties and our entire political system are an embarrassment.

Knobheads.

AKA - "Elite Pete"

No confidence vote IMMINENT on 08:40 - Jun 6 with 2398 viewsXYZ

No confidence vote IMMINENT on 08:32 - Jun 6 by XYZ

His staying is good for Labour but bad for the country.

All he's got going for him is the lack of an alternative.

Fingers crossed that they do the deed.

Thoughts, of course, are with DaveU on this difficult day.
No confidence vote IMMINENT on 08:41 - Jun 6 with 2397 viewsGlasgowBlue

No confidence vote IMMINENT on 08:31 - Jun 6 by Steve_M

Although Theresa May had a sense of duty and dignity. Johnson has neither and would hang on for as long as possible, regardless of the result.

Iron Lion Zion

It is, of course, a vote of confidence…. on 08:47 - Jun 6 with 2370 viewsGlasgowBlue

It is, of course, a vote of confidence…. on 08:39 - Jun 6 by Bloots

…..rather than a vote of no confidence.

He’ll win, and then claim that he has the confidence of the party and the electorate, his opponents will claim the opposite.

We will then have another year of bickering and childish sniping and counter sniping.

Nothing will change.

They should have waited until after the by-elections.

Our political parties and our entire political system are an embarrassment.

Knobheads.

This stinks the same as when Johnson’s supporters voted for Jeremy Hunt in order to Keep Gove out of the final two.

Johnson probably put in a letter himself in order to get a vote before Wakefield.

Iron Lion Zion

No confidence vote IMMINENT on 08:49 - Jun 6 with 2337 viewsGuthrum

No confidence vote IMMINENT on 08:37 - Jun 6 by tractordownsouth

Of those who have publicly called for his resignation, very few are from 2019. Some will no doubt be getting annoyed but most of his most vocal defenders (Brendan Clarke-Smith, Lee Anderson, Jonathan Gullis, Mark Jenkinson etc) are first-term MPs.

However, both the letter-writing and subsequent ballot are secret. Very different to sticking your head above the parapet in the media.

No confidence vote IMMINENT on 08:54 - Jun 6 with 2311 viewsStokieBlue

Does that really matter though? Look at May, she won the vote but didn't make that year threshold, once the doubt is there things tend to spiral quickly.

I am a bit sick of the politicking. "Better to wait until X", "Not the right time", "No successors".

It's irrelevant in my opinion. He's been awful, he's broken the law, kicking the can because it's not the right time isn't the proper thing to do in my opinion. Any delay plays into his hands. Everyone knows they are going to lose that bi-electiom anyway.

He's a disgrace to the office and an embarrassment to the office.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

No confidence vote IMMINENT on 08:54 - Jun 6 with 2305 viewshype313

No confidence vote IMMINENT on 08:41 - Jun 6 by GlasgowBlue

Although Theresa May had a sense of duty and dignity. Johnson has neither and would hang on for as long as possible, regardless of the result.

No one who survives a VONC lasts very long, they limp on until they are finished off.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

No confidence vote IMMINENT on 08:57 - Jun 6 with 2288 viewsGuthrum

No confidence vote IMMINENT on 08:54 - Jun 6 by StokieBlue

Does that really matter though? Look at May, she won the vote but didn't make that year threshold, once the doubt is there things tend to spiral quickly.

I am a bit sick of the politicking. "Better to wait until X", "Not the right time", "No successors".

It's irrelevant in my opinion. He's been awful, he's broken the law, kicking the can because it's not the right time isn't the proper thing to do in my opinion. Any delay plays into his hands. Everyone knows they are going to lose that bi-electiom anyway.

He's a disgrace to the office and an embarrassment to the office.

SB

Moreover, fear of defeat at Wakefield and Tiverton & Honiton (strongly predicted by polls) works almost as well as actual losses.

No confidence vote IMMINENT on 09:03 - Jun 6 with 2259 viewsSwansea_Blue

No confidence vote IMMINENT on 08:21 - Jun 6 by Dubtractor

It’s a well constructed letter and he’s nailed BJ’s faults. It’d be interesting to see how he voted on these policy issues he’s now decided to criticise.

He seems somewhat arrogant thinking that a change of government at the next election would be “catastrophic for this country”. I’d argue a catastrophe would be more years of the Tories breaking everything. So it’s good on one hand and the usual self-serving party-first drivel on the other.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024