Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So Paul Lambert 10:09 - Dec 14 with 1418 viewschrismakin

Still living in Ipswich I see on sky sports.

Worth another go?

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

So Paul Lambert on 10:10 - Dec 14 with 1401 viewshype313

Chris, you have been noticeably calming down your posting counts recently and it's been quite a breath of fresh air.

And then you go and post this

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

So Paul Lambert on 10:12 - Dec 14 with 1379 viewschrismakin

So Paul Lambert on 10:10 - Dec 14 by hype313

Chris, you have been noticeably calming down your posting counts recently and it's been quite a breath of fresh air.

And then you go and post this

Haha I'm allowed one.

I just can't believe we re going for Harris. Honestly it's incredible. Almost feels like we are getting Lambert back anyway lol.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

So Paul Lambert on 10:12 - Dec 14 with 1365 viewsnoggin

Where is John Duncan living these days?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

So Paul Lambert on 10:17 - Dec 14 with 1289 viewsHighgateBlue

So Paul Lambert on 10:12 - Dec 14 by chrismakin

Haha I'm allowed one.

I just can't believe we re going for Harris. Honestly it's incredible. Almost feels like we are getting Lambert back anyway lol.

Supposing the rumours are true (and at present they are just rumours), why is it incredible that we would be going in for Harris? I'm pretty sure Guardiola is taken.
So Paul Lambert on 10:32 - Dec 14 with 1195 viewschrismakin

So Paul Lambert on 10:17 - Dec 14 by HighgateBlue

Supposing the rumours are true (and at present they are just rumours), why is it incredible that we would be going in for Harris? I'm pretty sure Guardiola is taken.

So of all managers out there. You think you can only go from unemployed Harris to Pepe.

All it shows me is our pot isn't as big as we think it is. No that's not saying go get pepe! But I actually thought for once in a long long time we were going to bring in someone currently in work and succeeding at what they are currently doing in some form.

So Paul Lambert on 10:33 - Dec 14 with 1178 viewsChrisd

Is this a genuine post Chris or are you on the wind up?

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

So Paul Lambert on 10:33 - Dec 14 with 1179 viewswkj

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

So Paul Lambert on 10:40 - Dec 14 with 1129 viewsWestover

I just put Sky sports on and nearly had a heart attack when I was Lambert was in Ipswich 🤒😂😂
Login to get fewer ads

So Paul Lambert on 10:42 - Dec 14 with 1097 viewschrismakin

So Paul Lambert on 10:40 - Dec 14 by Westover

I just put Sky sports on and nearly had a heart attack when I was Lambert was in Ipswich 🤒😂😂

Lol. Me to at first.

Good for the town I guess that it shows he likes the area.

So Paul Lambert on 12:35 - Dec 14 with 895 viewsSuperCoops

So Paul Lambert on 10:32 - Dec 14 by chrismakin

So of all managers out there. You think you can only go from unemployed Harris to Pepe.

All it shows me is our pot isn't as big as we think it is. No that's not saying go get pepe! But I actually thought for once in a long long time we were going to bring in someone currently in work and succeeding at what they are currently doing in some form.

Sadly, I can't imagine many high profile and/or employed managers running to jump down into L1. So basically it's slim pickings, realistically. I think a lot of people may need to lower their expectations a little right now.
So Paul Lambert on 12:47 - Dec 14 with 801 viewschrismakin

So Paul Lambert on 12:35 - Dec 14 by SuperCoops

Sadly, I can't imagine many high profile and/or employed managers running to jump down into L1. So basically it's slim pickings, realistically. I think a lot of people may need to lower their expectations a little right now.

Tbh I think there a range of league 1 managers currently in Work who are doing excellent jobs with variable financial or club restraints.

Jimmy H
Ian Evitt

Both different circumstances but doing excellent work

You've got manning
You've still got the cowleys doing bits
Appleton

I'll just be surprised if it's just another unemployed manager.

Of course we will support who ever comes in. Even if it is Harris.. but it would just be nice to see going for someome doing a good job rather than someone who has done years ago.

So Paul Lambert on 12:52 - Dec 14 with 750 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Is this a serious question?

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

So Paul Lambert on 13:17 - Dec 14 with 614 viewsBonneNIL

The sad thing about Lambert is, had he kept his cool, not started a war with the fanbase and some of the players, quietly shifted the blame onto Evans he would have had a crack at the Gamechanger money and probably got us promoted this season. His first season was a bust due to injuries and Covid, I still think with everyone fit we'd have made playoffs in 2020 had been allowed to play by the teams who were interested in us not playing, we'd probably made Playoffs last season with him running the side as we weren't that far off, but probably still not been promoted, but an improvement which wouldn't have been bad due to injuries.

Should we go back? The question is, is Paul Lambert a better manager than Harris? We'll know that question in a year and I hope for Gamechangers sake, Harris is otherwise it's going to be utterly toxic.

Poll: Best Adidas Home Shirt of the Modern Era

So Paul Lambert on 13:33 - Dec 14 with 526 viewsHighgateBlue

So Paul Lambert on 10:32 - Dec 14 by chrismakin

But why is it incredible that we're potentially interested in a manager with Championship experience? It's akin to being interested in a player with Championship experience. Being in a role currently is not a pre-requisite for being a successful appointment. Moyes was out of work for a fair bit, waiting for the right appointment, and he's taken West Ham to the Champions League spots.

Maybe our pot isn't as big as we think it is, but either way, I don't see how considering a manager with a career win % of over 40, who's already got promotion from this league, and has Championship experience with two clubs is incredible?

I'd have loved to see us go for Liam Manning, who's in work and succeeding, but to be fair, Harris has more experience at a higher level and more experience of promotion, so it really is entirely fair enough if that's where we end up.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024