Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How does one get out of a funk 16:56 - Nov 10 with 1171 viewswkj

Getting out of the job I was in (for 7 weeks) was a massive disappointment, but it was replaced with much more lucrative WFH contract work. However, I am facing a massive bout of apathy towards everything - behind on school work (thanks COVID), my home is a bit tatty (not dirty, but not quite zen) and my sleep pattern is just all over the place.

Tomorrow is always the day that 'I kick in to gear' and start again - but tomorrow keeps getting put back.

What methods do you fine folk employ to jumpstart life when it gets a little stodgy.

I know I am capable of being Jimmy Bullard (loan) but right now I'm caught being Jimmy Bullard (signing).

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

How does one get out of a funk on 17:02 - Nov 10 with 1117 viewsbazza

Wish I could help, but I’m a right fat lazy bastard, who loves to
Eat and drink And sit about in my underpants.
How does one get out of a funk on 17:02 - Nov 10 with 1117 viewsJ2BLUE

God knows. As you may have noticed I am one miserable bastard. Constantly.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

How does one get out of a funk on 17:02 - Nov 10 with 1112 viewsbazza

How does one get out of a funk on 17:02 - Nov 10 by J2BLUE

J2blues we call it.
How does one get out of a funk on 17:02 - Nov 10 with 1116 viewsStu_boy

Put on those trainers and go for a run, helps vlear the mind and once done gives a great sense of achievement, carry that sense of achievement into other daily activities
How does one get out of a funk on 17:03 - Nov 10 with 1108 viewswkj

How does one get out of a funk on 17:02 - Nov 10 by bazza

Wish I could help, but I’m a right fat lazy bastard, who loves to
Eat and drink And sit about in my underpants.

You have enough drive to put on underpants? I am already feeling inspired here.

How does one get out of a funk on 17:04 - Nov 10 with 1107 viewswkj

How does one get out of a funk on 17:02 - Nov 10 by J2BLUE

To be fair, Felixstowe has that effect on me when I visit, so goodness only knows how you put up with it.

How does one get out of a funk on 17:05 - Nov 10 with 1095 viewsfooters

I am sorry to hear that, old fruit. But, as you say, you are on the up in terms of employment and things are now much better than they were.

As the winter nights draw in, it can feel as though each day passes you by. May I suggest starting the day with a brisk constitutional and a strong coffee? Also, setting yourself small daily goals, whatever they may be, and keeping a list of those tasks will help you feel as though you've accomplished something in your day.

It may also be that you're affected by seasonal affective disorder. Maybe look into that. A friend who has that has a little lightbox which helps him with his moods during the winter months.

All that said, I am probably not the best person to give 'life coach' advice, seeing as I'm a complete slob and very lazy to boot.

Good luck!

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

How does one get out of a funk on 17:07 - Nov 10 with 1082 viewswkj

How does one get out of a funk on 17:05 - Nov 10 by footers

I am sorry to hear that, old fruit. But, as you say, you are on the up in terms of employment and things are now much better than they were.

As the winter nights draw in, it can feel as though each day passes you by. May I suggest starting the day with a brisk constitutional and a strong coffee? Also, setting yourself small daily goals, whatever they may be, and keeping a list of those tasks will help you feel as though you've accomplished something in your day.

It may also be that you're affected by seasonal affective disorder. Maybe look into that. A friend who has that has a little lightbox which helps him with his moods during the winter months.

All that said, I am probably not the best person to give 'life coach' advice, seeing as I'm a complete slob and very lazy to boot.

Good luck!

I think you know full well that during what winter months I usually go quiet. I was looking at my TWTD posting history, and I do seem to dip out between October-March - so seasonal affective disorder could be a good shout actually.

Login to get fewer ads

How does one get out of a funk on 17:09 - Nov 10 with 1074 viewsgiant_stow

Feeling pretty similar (particularly the bit about tomorrow being the start of the fight back!).

Fear normally gets me going (fear of missed deadlines and a hungry sort-of-wife and child).

Or rewards: if at a complete halt, I'll do that hour or two of work, then reward myself big time, just to get something/anything done.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

How does one get out of a funk on 17:15 - Nov 10 with 1017 viewsHerbivore

Listen to some funk. Use the funk to defeat the funk.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

How does one get out of a funk on 17:16 - Nov 10 with 1018 viewsIllinoisblue

How does one get out of a funk on 17:02 - Nov 10 by Stu_boy

Put on those trainers and go for a run, helps vlear the mind and once done gives a great sense of achievement, carry that sense of achievement into other daily activities

I would second this very much. Although for me it’s walking not running on account of facked knees. Always always feel uplifted after getting some fresh air and a few thousand steps in.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

How does one get out of a funk on 17:25 - Nov 10 with 974 viewswkj

How does one get out of a funk on 17:16 - Nov 10 by Illinoisblue

I would second this very much. Although for me it’s walking not running on account of facked knees. Always always feel uplifted after getting some fresh air and a few thousand steps in.

Being outdoors is on the list once my self isolation period is over (20th Nov).

It does help a lot, of course - the urge to go outside is usually one of the things that ends up falling under 'it starts tomorrow'

How does one get out of a funk on 17:30 - Nov 10 with 948 viewsbazza

How does one get out of a funk on 17:04 - Nov 10 by wkj

To be fair, Felixstowe has that effect on me when I visit, so goodness only knows how you put up with it.

Surely purchasing a wooly jumper with dolphins or wolves on , from
The market helps put a better spin on it? Or some his and hers Jean jackets..
[Post edited 10 Nov 2021 17:31]
How does one get out of a funk on 17:31 - Nov 10 with 940 viewsKeno

Put a line through your work diary tomorrow and Friday and use the time to get out a walk, have a coffee/lunch out, tidy up the house and mainly take time to think.

Before Monday make a plan/to do of work things you need to do, with most important 6 things highlighted

also make a plan for sorting the home out and a realistic time scale for what when

but, and here is the important bit, dont be too hard on yourself. Life can be hard and sometimes just getting through a day is actually a major achievement

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

How does one get out of a funk on 17:33 - Nov 10 with 917 viewseireblue

How does one get out of a funk on 17:15 - Nov 10 by Herbivore

Listen to some funk. Use the funk to defeat the funk.

Word.

How does one get out of a funk on 18:07 - Nov 10 with 827 viewsVic

I’d 2nd the physical exercise thing if you can do it. I’ve found that even a decent walk at a brisk pace can help.

But we’re all different so you do need to find something that whets your appetite. You could try setting yourself a challenge to master a skill, researching something. Or something mundane like cleaning out and tidying your garage. Anything really to give yourself a little target. At least, that’s the sort of thing that works for me! Good luck buddy.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

How does one get out of a funk on 18:19 - Nov 10 with 788 viewscatch74

Sleep is important, I’m dreadful sometimes - I usually give up booze and coffee for a few months and deep sleep returns.
Maybe write down or tell someone your plans to make the house more zen and catch up with homework.
I often listen to this - I always fall asleep so I’m not sure what he says but I’ve realised I always have an uplift in productivity (maybe quitting booze is the catalyst, but you never know.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

How does one get out of a funk on 18:23 - Nov 10 with 775 viewsBrianTablet

Enter a marathon.

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

How does one get out of a funk on 18:51 - Nov 10 with 712 viewsOldboy

Get yourself up man. Go for a run/cycle/walk. Sort your sh1t out. Tell yourself that you are better than this. This isn't how you want things to be. Stand 8ft. tall. You are British and you are going to get things back on track. Nobody is going to do it for you, this is your cr@p and you are going to sort it. You have got this. You can do it. You are not going to be one of those who lets things get you down. You are a man and you can turn this sh1t into a positive. You have got this dude, everybody believes in you. We have your back, go out there and prove all those that have doubted you wrong. You have this.

Failing that, just say f**k it and have a pint.
Good luck which ever you choose.
How does one get out of a funk on 19:20 - Nov 10 with 658 viewsazuremerlangus

How does one get out of a funk on 18:23 - Nov 10 by BrianTablet

Enter a marathon.

Or just eat one

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

How does one get out of a funk on 21:53 - Nov 10 with 519 viewsSwansea_Blue

How does one get out of a funk on 17:03 - Nov 10 by wkj

You have enough drive to put on underpants? I am already feeling inspired here.

Keeps your head warm too, so double bonus.

If it's any help, if you stick with the funk for long enough you become numb to everything and give up caring. Self medication with lots of alcohol and talking balls on a football forum to strangers seems to help too.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024