Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Grealish 21:19 - Sep 8 with 2320 viewsGlasgowBlue

WTF didn’t we unleash him on an ageing Italian defence from the 15th minute onwards?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Grealish on 21:22 - Sep 8 with 2290 viewsJ2BLUE

Southgate got it wrong that night. I fear he will do the same in Qatar.

Obviously we were a penalty shootout away so it could have been so different.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Grealish on 21:33 - Sep 8 with 2225 viewsPlums

Now he’s left a big club for a smaller one, he’s eligible for regular starts. It’s as predictable as taxes and death.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Grealish on 21:35 - Sep 8 with 2217 viewsvapour_trail

Grealish on 21:33 - Sep 8 by Plums

Now he’s left a big club for a smaller one, he’s eligible for regular starts. It’s as predictable as taxes and death.

What’s predictable is this ill informed guff.

We play a central midfield pair without a European club fixture between them as the Liverpool captain sits on the bench.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Grealish on 21:40 - Sep 8 with 2185 viewsGlasgowBlue

Grealish on 21:35 - Sep 8 by vapour_trail

We play a central midfield pair without a European club fixture between them as the Liverpool captain sits on the bench.

It’s a midfield pairing that will be the mainstay for England for many years to come as well.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Grealish on 21:44 - Sep 8 with 2154 viewstractordownsouth

Grealish on 21:40 - Sep 8 by GlasgowBlue

It’s a midfield pairing that will be the mainstay for England for many years to come as well.

Bellingham might have something to say about that, but Rice and Phillips have been very impressive since breaking into the team

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Grealish on 22:14 - Sep 8 with 2038 viewsSimonds92

Grealish on 21:44 - Sep 8 by tractordownsouth

Bellingham might have something to say about that, but Rice and Phillips have been very impressive since breaking into the team

Bellingham for me has to be in this team when the WC comes around, solid but much more dynamic than the other 2. Id hope by Qatar he will have replaced Phillips and Foden can play as the 10. I very much like mount but he's an 8 and if we insist on this system id like someone a bit more creative.
Grealish on 22:55 - Sep 8 with 1890 viewstextbackup

mate I sat there that whole game thinking someone has to go at them, was a wasted opportunity, and as proud as I was for them getting to the final, I just couldn't be proud of how we played in the final.
the 1 time anyone got beyond that old boy at the back was when he picked up a yellow for a foul, then we choked and almost felt bad it had happened, and didn't try it again!

really like southgate, but unsure he has the bo11ocks to really go for it at key times. hope im wrong

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Grealish on 07:26 - Sep 9 with 1585 viewsPlums

Grealish on 21:35 - Sep 8 by vapour_trail

C’mon. He hasn’t trusted Grealish until Pep has validated that he’s the real deal by paying £100m for him and picking him regularly. It’s always been the way with English flair.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.

Login to get fewer ads

Grealish on 07:44 - Sep 9 with 1533 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Grealish on 22:55 - Sep 8 by textbackup

mate I sat there that whole game thinking someone has to go at them, was a wasted opportunity, and as proud as I was for them getting to the final, I just couldn't be proud of how we played in the final.
the 1 time anyone got beyond that old boy at the back was when he picked up a yellow for a foul, then we choked and almost felt bad it had happened, and didn't try it again!

really like southgate, but unsure he has the bo11ocks to really go for it at key times. hope im wrong

He got the final completely wrong - right through to penalty takers. Presumably the likes of Grealish, Foden and Saka will be so established by Dec 22 that he’ll have to start them.
Grealish on 08:14 - Sep 9 with 1449 viewsHerbivore

It was an almost carbon copy of the World Cup semi-final loss to Croatia, except that we managed to hold out for penalties this time. He's always been quite reluctant to pull the trigger on making changes, often waiting until it's too late and all momentum has been lost. I have so much time for Southgate and the job he's done with this England team but I do worry about his ability to change big games and we need that if we're ever going to actually win something.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Grealish on 08:18 - Sep 9 with 1423 viewsallezlesbleus

This was exactly what me and my mates were saying at the time. We had to attack and put pressure on the ageing Italian defence and we didn't go for it, god knows why, especially with the players available on the bench.

Hopefully GS has learnt from the Croatia and Italy matches.
Grealish on 08:38 - Sep 9 with 1346 viewsitfcjoe

Because in that 3 at the back formation (which we shouldn't have played) he doesn't really fit in as is still quite loose in a defensive sense off the ball.

Going to Man City will be the best thing for him and for England because Pep will ensure he contributes on and off the ball for 90 minutes a game, whereas at Villa he didn't need to, he could be the free man and work hard off the ball, but not work hard and work smart which is what all the top players have to do.

Thought across last night, all of the front 4 players got into lots of decent positions but made little happen (Kane, Grealish, Sterling and Mount) - seems to often be the case in these early season friendlies when things aren't quite clicking.

We must have had a ridiculous amount of touches in their box, but didn't convert it to any good chances which is mad

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Grealish on 15:15 - Sep 9 with 1054 viewsPlums

Grealish on 08:38 - Sep 9 by itfcjoe

Because in that 3 at the back formation (which we shouldn't have played) he doesn't really fit in as is still quite loose in a defensive sense off the ball.

Going to Man City will be the best thing for him and for England because Pep will ensure he contributes on and off the ball for 90 minutes a game, whereas at Villa he didn't need to, he could be the free man and work hard off the ball, but not work hard and work smart which is what all the top players have to do.

Thought across last night, all of the front 4 players got into lots of decent positions but made little happen (Kane, Grealish, Sterling and Mount) - seems to often be the case in these early season friendlies when things aren't quite clicking.

We must have had a ridiculous amount of touches in their box, but didn't convert it to any good chances which is mad

All of which is true and clearly hasn’t happened in the three weeks since Grealish joined City - unless Pep is a greater magician than he’s given credit for.
Grealish was a bench player for England when he played for Villa, he’s a starter since he joined City. He hasn’t changed as a player - yet. Although he did track back and make a good tackle last night which is a start.

Grealish on 15:25 - Sep 9 with 1040 viewsBluefields

Grealish on 07:26 - Sep 9 by Plums

C’mon. He hasn’t trusted Grealish until Pep has validated that he’s the real deal by paying £100m for him and picking him regularly. It’s always been the way with English flair.

Absolute rubbish. Tell me of other instances?
Grealish on 15:30 - Sep 9 with 1025 viewsHerbivore

Grealish on 15:15 - Sep 9 by Plums

All of which is true and clearly hasn’t happened in the three weeks since Grealish joined City - unless Pep is a greater magician than he’s given credit for.
Grealish was a bench player for England when he played for Villa, he’s a starter since he joined City. He hasn’t changed as a player - yet. Although he did track back and make a good tackle last night which is a start.

I think it's more the case that Grealish was only breaking through to the international set up last year and Southgate was reluctant to throw him into the side, especially given the uncertainty around his positional discipline. Effectively we're in a new international season with a bit less pressure, it's easier to integrate him.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Grealish on 15:30 - Sep 9 with 1026 viewsitfcjoe

Grealish on 15:15 - Sep 9 by Plums

Foden has been injured and would probably have started ahead of Grealish looking at their selections when both fit under Southagte over last 6 months or so

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024