Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jonas Knudsen in the Champions League (n/t) 08:44 - Aug 25 with 6043 viewsSitfcB

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Jonas Knudsen in the Champions League (n/t) on 08:46 - Aug 25 with 3056 viewsHerbivore

BuT hE iSn'T gOoD eNuFf FoR tOwEn!!!

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Jonas Knudsen in the Champions League (n/t) on 08:48 - Aug 25 with 3062 viewsSwailsey

To this day, the idea pushed by some people that a World Cup last 16 starter, and Europa League (and now Champions League) player wasn’t good enough for a mid-table second division team is one of the strangest things I’ve seen on here.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Jonas Knudsen in the Champions League (n/t) on 08:48 - Aug 25 with 3049 viewsTractorCam

I remember when arguing with someone that he's better than Kenlock, they said how the English 3rd tier is better than the Swedish top flight!

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Jonas Knudsen in the Champions League (n/t) on 08:49 - Aug 25 with 3021 viewsSitfcB

Jonas Knudsen in the Champions League (n/t) on 08:48 - Aug 25 by Swailsey

To this day, the idea pushed by some people that a World Cup last 16 starter, and Europa League (and now Champions League) player wasn’t good enough for a mid-table second division team is one of the strangest things I’ve seen on here.

Yeah but he said nice things about Mick.

COYB

Jonas Knudsen in the Champions League (n/t) on 08:50 - Aug 25 with 3011 viewsHerbivore

Knudsen suffered from following Mings and Cresswell. At some point our run of signing future England internationals to play left back in the second tier was always going to come to an end. A Danish international was a more than adequate option there but because he wasn't as good as his predecessors he got pelters.

Jonas Knudsen in the Champions League (n/t) on 08:51 - Aug 25 with 3010 viewsSwailsey

Jonas Knudsen in the Champions League (n/t) on 08:49 - Aug 25 by SitfcB

That’s literally it really isn’t it!

That one interview he gave, which made sense, and was then deliberately misunderstood.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Jonas Knudsen in the Champions League (n/t) on 08:57 - Aug 25 with 2961 viewsRozz

I thought most of the frustration around Jonas was us allowing him to balloon the worlds least effective long throw onto the forehead of the opposition defender, time after time after time.

That was hardly his fault, but really did put him out of favour with the fans who were unhappy with the wider tactics anyway.
Jonas Knudsen in the Champions League (n/t) on 09:00 - Aug 25 with 2928 viewsDarth_Koont

Indeed.

Was also bizarre considering he was probably our best out and out defender in recent years alongside Berra. Yet he got abuse because he didn’t look cultured on the ball (despite being a willing runner and useful attacker too).

Pronouns: He/Him

Login to get fewer ads

Jonas Knudsen in the Champions League (n/t) on 09:22 - Aug 25 with 2809 viewsSimonds92

Always a big fan of Jonas, to think some people thought Kenlock was the better player just goes to show how little football knowledge some have. Unfortunately for him I'm pretty sure he's out for the season with an injury so very unlikely he will be playing in the CL.
Jonas Knudsen in the Champions League (n/t) on 09:31 - Aug 25 with 2754 viewsfredbarber

Is he actually playing?

Looked recently to see how he was doing and wasn’t in starting 11 or the bench
Jonas Knudsen in the Champions League (n/t) on 09:33 - Aug 25 with 2742 viewsCotty

Jonas Knudsen in the Champions League (n/t) on 08:50 - Aug 25 by Herbivore

Knudsen suffered from following Mings and Cresswell. At some point our run of signing future England internationals to play left back in the second tier was always going to come to an end. A Danish international was a more than adequate option there but because he wasn't as good as his predecessors he got pelters.

I think the persistent and fruitless use of his long throw tainted people's view of what was essentially an above average fullback for the championship.
Jonas Knudsen in the Champions League (n/t) on 09:36 - Aug 25 with 2717 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Jonas Knudsen in the Champions League (n/t) on 09:31 - Aug 25 by fredbarber

Is he actually playing?

Looked recently to see how he was doing and wasn’t in starting 11 or the bench

He had played every game up until July, then got injured and has been out since

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Jonas Knudsen in the Champions League (n/t) on 09:42 - Aug 25 with 2680 viewsSitfcB

Jonas Knudsen in the Champions League (n/t) on 09:22 - Aug 25 by Simonds92

Always a big fan of Jonas, to think some people thought Kenlock was the better player just goes to show how little football knowledge some have. Unfortunately for him I'm pretty sure he's out for the season with an injury so very unlikely he will be playing in the CL.

I saw that he was injured but didn’t realise the severity of it :(

COYB

Jonas Knudsen in the Champions League (n/t) on 09:58 - Aug 25 with 2621 viewsPremierBlue

Jonas Knudsen in the Champions League (n/t) on 09:42 - Aug 25 by SitfcB

I saw that he was injured but didn’t realise the severity of it :(

Yeah, Jonas Knudsen is out for the season due to knee injury and operation.

Martin Olsson was acquired as replacement.
Jonas Knudsen in the Champions League (n/t) on 10:12 - Aug 25 with 2531 viewstractorboy1978

Described by Leon Best as the worst player he's ever played with. Ironic admittedly.
Jonas Knudsen in the Champions League (n/t) on 10:13 - Aug 25 with 2527 viewsSitfcB

Jonas Knudsen in the Champions League (n/t) on 10:12 - Aug 25 by tractorboy1978

Described by Leon Best as the worst player he's ever played with. Ironic admittedly.

Really?

Where was that said?

COYB

Jonas Knudsen in the Champions League (n/t) on 10:15 - Aug 25 with 2513 viewstractorboy1978

Jonas Knudsen in the Champions League (n/t) on 10:13 - Aug 25 by SitfcB

Really?

Where was that said?

A mate of mine did some work on his house - def info.
Jonas Knudsen in the Champions League (n/t) on 10:43 - Aug 25 with 2430 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Jonas Knudsen in the Champions League (n/t) on 08:51 - Aug 25 by Swailsey

That’s literally it really isn’t it!

That one interview he gave, which made sense, and was then deliberately misunderstood.

Yeah Jonas got it rather unfairly for being honest.

He was much more defensively minded than Cressie and Mings but that's typical Mick. He's solid and I still think he could have moved inside to the left CB role

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Jonas Knudsen in the Champions League (n/t) on 10:50 - Aug 25 with 2406 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Jonas Knudsen in the Champions League (n/t) on 08:49 - Aug 25 by SitfcB

Yeah and that's why you are never going to slate him despite his disgraceful attitude on and off the pitch during the relegation season. Just because he said a few nice words about mccarthy.

That season. He wasn't committed. He'd sulk. It was all about him wanting to think about his own future and before you or others tell me I'm wrong I'll give you something to ponder on. If he had been committed then Lambert wouldn't have been forced to bring Elder on loan during the Jan transfer window.

Again, his strong bond with mccarthy is a reason why he'll remain free of criticism for you and others despite his firm complicity in the relegation. Him and others just downed the tools that's what Bialkowski said in the interview. So you can't just blame Hurst and Lambert solely. Both of them plus that group of players share the blame for taking us down.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2021 10:51]
You've started early today..... on 10:52 - Aug 25 with 2396 viewsBloots

Jonas Knudsen in the Champions League (n/t) on 10:50 - Aug 25 by Mach_foreignBlue

Yeah and that's why you are never going to slate him despite his disgraceful attitude on and off the pitch during the relegation season. Just because he said a few nice words about mccarthy.

That season. He wasn't committed. He'd sulk. It was all about him wanting to think about his own future and before you or others tell me I'm wrong I'll give you something to ponder on. If he had been committed then Lambert wouldn't have been forced to bring Elder on loan during the Jan transfer window.

Again, his strong bond with mccarthy is a reason why he'll remain free of criticism for you and others despite his firm complicity in the relegation. Him and others just downed the tools that's what Bialkowski said in the interview. So you can't just blame Hurst and Lambert solely. Both of them plus that group of players share the blame for taking us down.

....was it meths and milk for breakfast?

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

You've started early today..... on 10:53 - Aug 25 with 2380 viewsMach_foreignBlue

You've started early today..... on 10:52 - Aug 25 by Bloots

....was it meths and milk for breakfast?

Oh mick and slating his player. How predictable !
Jonas Knudsen in the Champions League (n/t) on 10:58 - Aug 25 with 2359 viewsSwansea_Blue

Jonas Knudsen in the Champions League (n/t) on 10:50 - Aug 25 by Mach_foreignBlue

Is this about him giving an honest answer to a journalist's question about whether he was going to stay at the club once Mick left? Of all the things that have been overblown here in recent years, that was a corker.

He wasn't a world beater, but he was perfectly decent enough for the Championship. I don't think we've had a better left back since.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Jonas Knudsen in the Champions League (n/t) on 10:59 - Aug 25 with 2357 viewsjayessess

Not to get into the specifics of Knudsen, but there are lots of players who would meet those criteria but aren't good enough for mid-table in the second division.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Jonas Knudsen in the Champions League (n/t) on 11:04 - Aug 25 with 2330 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Jonas Knudsen in the Champions League (n/t) on 10:58 - Aug 25 by Swansea_Blue

Is this about him giving an honest answer to a journalist's question about whether he was going to stay at the club once Mick left? Of all the things that have been overblown here in recent years, that was a corker.

He wasn't a world beater, but he was perfectly decent enough for the Championship. I don't think we've had a better left back since.

I'm not talking about his entire time with us. Everything what happened in the relegation season has been my main subject.
Jonas Knudsen in the Champions League (n/t) on 12:01 - Aug 25 with 2206 viewsHerbivore

Jonas Knudsen in the Champions League (n/t) on 09:33 - Aug 25 by Cotty

I think the persistent and fruitless use of his long throw tainted people's view of what was essentially an above average fullback for the championship.

I think that's probably true as well. When Cresswell's excellent delivery and Mings' driving runs forward were replaced with a much hyped but ultimately crap long throw it did rather sour how he was viewed.

I see Mach has also amply demonstrated that the perception of Knudsen being one of Mick's boys also means that the less able chunk of the fan base have a rather skewed view of him.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024