Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I wonder why footballers are refusing to get the vaccine? 13:06 - Aug 20 with 5253 viewsSitfcB

Bizarre.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/aug/20/steve-bruce-admits-a-lot-of-new

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

I wonder why footballers are refusing to get the vaccine? on 13:09 - Aug 20 with 4017 viewsZx1988

I suppose a combination of a lot of them not being the sharpest tools in the shed, and the fact that prominent figures such as them will be prime candidates for conspiracy theorists to convince them that jabs are bad.

Now this article has come out, watch this space for nut-jobs linking to it to try and prove that VacCIneS aRE Bad.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

I wonder why footballers are refusing to get the vaccine? on 13:10 - Aug 20 with 4000 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Being stereotypical here, but most are thick aren't they?
I wonder why footballers are refusing to get the vaccine? on 13:11 - Aug 20 with 4005 viewsJakeITFC

There was an article on the Athletic about it a few weeks back, with the main reason given that these people travel together with a lot of time on their hands and it's easy for them to get sucked into conspiracy theories.

A relatively common opinion of athletes seems to be that they back their body to deal with the disease, which seems to suggest a quite fundamental understanding of why populations are vaccinated.
I wonder why footballers are refusing to get the vaccine? on 13:13 - Aug 20 with 3982 viewsWD19

Further evidence of what heading footballs for a living does to you.
I wonder why footballers are refusing to get the vaccine? on 13:16 - Aug 20 with 3953 viewsHerbivore

Too much time on social media.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I wonder why footballers are refusing to get the vaccine? on 13:19 - Aug 20 with 3931 viewsitfcjoe

Young men with lots of time on their hands are some of the people most likely to be conspiracy theorists

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

All the more surprising given on 13:59 - Aug 20 with 3766 viewsPendejo

Quite a few got covid really badly didn't they?

In addition to the Newcastle players didn't one of Chelsea's have a longer term issue as a result?

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/12178106/frank-lampard-explains-ch

Havertz for example

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

I wonder why footballers are refusing to get the vaccine? on 14:04 - Aug 20 with 3741 viewsjayessess

Slightly surprised that clubs haven't taken a tougher/more active line, given everything riding on their players and their fitness.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Login to get fewer ads

I wonder why footballers are refusing to get the vaccine? on 14:20 - Aug 20 with 3674 viewsZx1988

I wonder why footballers are refusing to get the vaccine? on 14:04 - Aug 20 by jayessess

Slightly surprised that clubs haven't taken a tougher/more active line, given everything riding on their players and their fitness.

I suppose it's one thing for someone like Asda/WalMart to make vaccinations a condition of employment for their low-paid staff.

I'd suggest the balance of power between players and football clubs makes the clubs very reluctant to go down that route, given all that they usually do to coddle their valuable assets.

I wonder why footballers are refusing to get the vaccine? on 14:33 - Aug 20 with 3629 viewsjayessess

I wonder why footballers are refusing to get the vaccine? on 14:20 - Aug 20 by Zx1988

I suppose it's one thing for someone like Asda/WalMart to make vaccinations a condition of employment for their low-paid staff.

I'd suggest the balance of power between players and football clubs makes the clubs very reluctant to go down that route, given all that they usually do to coddle their valuable assets.

I guess. But you do have medical personnel on staff whose expertise the players probably trust? If you went pretty hard on explaining it I reckon you'd win most people round.

Football clubs definitely do have players they're keen to keep on side at all costs, but they've also got a lot of players who are desperate to get playing opportunities. Wouldn't be that hard to let it be known that management take a pretty dim view of not getting vaccinated if possible.

I wonder why footballers are refusing to get the vaccine? on 14:34 - Aug 20 with 3625 viewsIllinoisblue

Because they’re misguided simpletons

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

I wonder why footballers are refusing to get the vaccine? on 14:58 - Aug 20 with 3524 viewsRedX

There was a young footballer named Roy Butler from Ireland passed away recently, just three days after receiving the Janssen vaccine. He died from a Brain hemorrhage. It's not being reported in the Irish media as vaccine related(as of yet) and the news comes only days after Ireland have stopped ordering anymore of the AZ and Janssen vaccines.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/soccer-news/tributes-pour-after-former-w

Roy's family members have been posting on social media that he was suffering severe headaches within hours of his vaccine. He died three days later in hospital. I can't say whether it was connected to his jab or not, but conversation should be had rather than not reporting it because it has caused a lot of worry for people.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2021 15:01]
I wonder why footballers are refusing to get the vaccine? on 15:19 - Aug 20 with 3412 viewsStenvict

If purely for their own health reasons, they'll probably look at the amount of professional sportsmen/women that have died from Covid; zero, and think there isn't any desperate need for it, especially as there are side effects that could mean they're unable to train or play in a match.

Poll: What will be announced first?

I wonder why footballers are refusing to get the vaccine? on 15:25 - Aug 20 with 3385 viewsjayessess

I wonder why footballers are refusing to get the vaccine? on 14:58 - Aug 20 by RedX

There was a young footballer named Roy Butler from Ireland passed away recently, just three days after receiving the Janssen vaccine. He died from a Brain hemorrhage. It's not being reported in the Irish media as vaccine related(as of yet) and the news comes only days after Ireland have stopped ordering anymore of the AZ and Janssen vaccines.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/soccer-news/tributes-pour-after-former-w

Roy's family members have been posting on social media that he was suffering severe headaches within hours of his vaccine. He died three days later in hospital. I can't say whether it was connected to his jab or not, but conversation should be had rather than not reporting it because it has caused a lot of worry for people.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2021 15:01]

Conversations about vaccine safety have been had and are being had all the time by people with actual scientific expertise, so I'm not sure what more you think un-informed speculation, rumour and panic is going to add to that "conversation".

I wonder why footballers are refusing to get the vaccine? on 15:27 - Aug 20 with 3377 viewsHerbivore

I wonder why footballers are refusing to get the vaccine? on 15:19 - Aug 20 by Stenvict

If purely for their own health reasons, they'll probably look at the amount of professional sportsmen/women that have died from Covid; zero, and think there isn't any desperate need for it, especially as there are side effects that could mean they're unable to train or play in a match.

The Newcastle keeper was in hospital for a week and lost 2 stone. Catching Covid is worse than the side effects from the vaccine. Plus it shouldn't be a decision just about your own risk, it's about protecting other people too.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I wonder why footballers are refusing to get the vaccine? on 15:29 - Aug 20 with 3369 viewsRedX

I wonder why footballers are refusing to get the vaccine? on 15:25 - Aug 20 by jayessess

Conversations about vaccine safety have been had and are being had all the time by people with actual scientific expertise, so I'm not sure what more you think un-informed speculation, rumour and panic is going to add to that "conversation".

It's only "Un-informed speculation" until this individual case is explained to the public. The rumour and panic comment is only a load of nonsense, as people are well entitled to information and to discuss individual cases. That does not make anyone a conspiracy theorist btw.
I wonder why footballers are refusing to get the vaccine? on 15:31 - Aug 20 with 3355 viewsBasuco

I wonder why footballers are refusing to get the vaccine? on 15:25 - Aug 20 by jayessess

But those who are vaccine hesitant get their def info from un-informed speculation, rumour and panic websites, the scientific community let facts get in the way.
I wonder why footballers are refusing to get the vaccine? on 15:39 - Aug 20 with 3316 viewsjayessess

I wonder why footballers are refusing to get the vaccine? on 15:29 - Aug 20 by RedX

It's only "Un-informed speculation" until this individual case is explained to the public. The rumour and panic comment is only a load of nonsense, as people are well entitled to information and to discuss individual cases. That does not make anyone a conspiracy theorist btw.

As far as you know there's literally nothing to explain to the public. What is your post if not rumour and panic? Some reference to things this lad's family members apparently said on social media (are they doctors? Virologists? Are they even really this lad's family members or just weirdo anti-vaxxers pretending to be? What possible basis could they have for believing his death and the vaccine to be connected?), as the basis for calling into question the work of the 1000s of qualified people who will have worked on making sure the vaccination is safe.

Deeply, deeply irresponsible.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2021 15:42]

I wonder why footballers are refusing to get the vaccine? on 15:55 - Aug 20 with 3239 viewsRedX

I wonder why footballers are refusing to get the vaccine? on 15:39 - Aug 20 by jayessess

As far as you know there's literally nothing to explain to the public. What is your post if not rumour and panic? Some reference to things this lad's family members apparently said on social media (are they doctors? Virologists? Are they even really this lad's family members or just weirdo anti-vaxxers pretending to be? What possible basis could they have for believing his death and the vaccine to be connected?), as the basis for calling into question the work of the 1000s of qualified people who will have worked on making sure the vaccination is safe.

Deeply, deeply irresponsible.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2021 15:42]

Are you telling me that there has been no fatalities or people suffering with severe side-effects after taking a vaccine?

Questioning whether it was a family member that put up messages on social media?Maybe do your research and you won't be so dismissive.

You call my post "deeply, deeply irresponsible" despite me cleary stating "I can't say whether it was connected to his jab" in my earlier post? Are you one of these people that think people should just keep their mouths shut and not have an opinion? Many experts are changing their opinion very regularly

I'm fully vaccinated as all my family are. So don't be responding to me like I'm some off the wall conspiracy theorist.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2021 16:04]
I wonder why footballers are refusing to get the vaccine? on 16:06 - Aug 20 with 3177 viewsjayessess

I wonder why footballers are refusing to get the vaccine? on 15:55 - Aug 20 by RedX

Are you telling me that there has been no fatalities or people suffering with severe side-effects after taking a vaccine?

Questioning whether it was a family member that put up messages on social media?Maybe do your research and you won't be so dismissive.

You call my post "deeply, deeply irresponsible" despite me cleary stating "I can't say whether it was connected to his jab" in my earlier post? Are you one of these people that think people should just keep their mouths shut and not have an opinion? Many experts are changing their opinion very regularly

I'm fully vaccinated as all my family are. So don't be responding to me like I'm some off the wall conspiracy theorist.

You can't just put this deeply irresponsible stuff out there, then wash your hands of it because you say "I'm just asking questions". The unwarranted questions asked by the German and French press had a dramatic effect on vaccine take-up in those countries which will have cost 1000s of lives. If you put stuff like this out there, people will act on it.

You should always question whether people are who they say they are on social media. And, again, a family member dying doesn't magically make you a virologist.

"Experts" have not "regularly changed their opinions" on the safety of these vaccines. The institutions and companies producing and regulating these vaccines have taken them through the processes required to demonstrate their safety for the public. They've been giving them to the public and getting yet more data for months now. There is no evidence that these vaccines have side-effects which are epidemiologically significant and no evidence that anyone is trying to suppress the truth about what happened to this lad. That's it.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2021 16:13]

I wonder why footballers are refusing to get the vaccine? on 16:10 - Aug 20 with 3151 viewsRedX

I wonder why footballers are refusing to get the vaccine? on 16:06 - Aug 20 by jayessess

You can't just put this deeply irresponsible stuff out there, then wash your hands of it because you say "I'm just asking questions". The unwarranted questions asked by the German and French press had a dramatic effect on vaccine take-up in those countries which will have cost 1000s of lives. If you put stuff like this out there, people will act on it.

You should always question whether people are who they say they are on social media. And, again, a family member dying doesn't magically make you a virologist.

"Experts" have not "regularly changed their opinions" on the safety of these vaccines. The institutions and companies producing and regulating these vaccines have taken them through the processes required to demonstrate their safety for the public. They've been giving them to the public and getting yet more data for months now. There is no evidence that these vaccines have side-effects which are epidemiologically significant and no evidence that anyone is trying to suppress the truth about what happened to this lad. That's it.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2021 16:13]

That is some response.

I'm out.
I wonder why footballers are refusing to get the vaccine? on 16:11 - Aug 20 with 3144 viewsEwan_Oozami

I wonder why footballers are refusing to get the vaccine? on 16:10 - Aug 20 by RedX

That is some response.

I'm out.

What actually was your original point?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

I wonder why footballers are refusing to get the vaccine? on 16:35 - Aug 20 with 3063 viewsSPEX_Blue

I wonder why footballers are refusing to get the vaccine? on 15:55 - Aug 20 by RedX

Classic do your own research line
I wonder why footballers are refusing to get the vaccine? on 16:40 - Aug 20 with 3041 viewsZx1988

I wonder why footballers are refusing to get the vaccine? on 16:10 - Aug 20 by RedX

That is some response.

I'm out.

Cheerio!

I wonder why footballers are refusing to get the vaccine? on 16:40 - Aug 20 with 3040 viewsJamestownPrince

No vaccine, "rot in the reserves"
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024